Is it safe to buy ammo online right now?
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it safe to buy ammo online right now?

Everyone knows what going on right now is it safe to buy ammo online right now or will I have them knocking on my door? What does everyone think

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

Better do it now before you can't.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016 PY-Tactical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brawler1588 View Post
    Everyone knows what going on right now is it safe to buy ammo online right now or will I have them knocking on my door? What does everyone think
    I never worry about doing legal things. Have a couple of ammo orders in transit right now. No one will knock on my door but the UPS man.
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Ditto... Get em now, there selling out everywhere...
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for life.... Ancient Proverb..

Quote Originally Posted by Diggercole View Post
    Ditto... Get em now, there selling out everywhere...
    I was just trying to order some 9mm from PSA when their site crashed from the traffic. Third time today this happened to me on gun sales sites.
    And it's like 1:20 AM!

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

Good luck trying to get .223 I got some yesterday and in a couple of hours i went back to the site to get some more and they were sold out... AK ammo same tonight..
    Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, he eats for life.... Ancient Proverb..

I've actually decided to start reloading due to this crap. I get the kit from Santa and will be picking up dies in various calibers. .223 seems to be a die I will certainly have to get.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggercole View Post
    Good luck trying to get .223 I got some yesterday and in a couple of hours i went back to the site to get some more and they were sold out... AK ammo same tonight..
    I picked up the last of 6.8 SSA Hunters and a bunch of 9mm to feed my AR 9mm carbine, Well stocked up on .223 and 22LR from earlier in the year. Bought a bunch of surplus Russian 7.62x54 yesterday for Mosin Nagant I picked up Friday. Should be set for a ammo dry spring and summer. I hope online buying doesn't go away.

General

.22LR is going too????
    RIP NYF

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    .22LR is going too????
    When .22LR goes it is typically the bulk packs that are impossible to find around here. They would be in stock and get 10 or so and those would be gone in an hour.

That's what I meant. There are certain brands and types of bulk .22LR I prefer that get scarce sometimes.
    If we lose the right to buy ammo online it's going to be bad for us living out in the sticks.
    I'd rather not pay double and have to travel 20 miles for a box of ammo and be restricted to less than I shoot up on a weekend visit to the range plus not have the variety available that is online.

The time to stock up was over the last 4 years after the last election panic.

I am glad I managed to get a decent stockpile going. I am also thankful my friend got all set up to reload and I order 1k rounds worth of components. I can see not wanting to pay retail on ammo any time soon.

What AR ammo should I look into for shooting at the range? Just steel cased ammo to be cheap? but my rifle isn't done yet, so I won't know if it will shoot it Also is it true a range won't let you use green tip ammo.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

I shoot CCI SV in my 22's, it's been hit or miss on local availability so I ordered a case online.
    And I've got a cast bullet order coming too.
    ”No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” ~Thomas Jefferson

Wow.... just placed an order of .233 with Freedom Munitions yesterday. They are sold out of everything today.

That is pretty insane.

Anyways, as some of you have said, I'll be reloading my own soon because that seems to be the best option at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Inter9 View Post
    What AR ammo should I look into for shooting at the range? Just steel cased ammo to be cheap? but my rifle isn't done yet, so I won't know if it will shoot it Also is it true a range won't let you use green tip ammo.
    I am a fan of the steel stuff. It doesn't shoot as well as reloads or most retail stuff, but it still hits the paper I am aiming at.

Some peoples guns won't digest it, but it's my opinion that your AR should fire any ammo you put in it, so if there is a problem you need to find out why it isn't functioning.

The best part about the steel stuff is if you lose some cases in the weeds or something you didn't lose anything important.

We scrounge brass off the ground like kids getting candy from a parade float.

Captain

Don't be surprised if you can't find components. The demand has been heavy for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post
    Wow.... just placed an order of .233 with Freedom Munitions yesterday. They are sold out of everything today.

That is pretty insane.

Anyways, as some of you have said, I'll be reloading my own soon because that seems to be the best option at the moment.

Ammoman has 223, and just about everything else. Why did people wait until this day, you should have been buying and storing ammo for years now.
    I love the south

BANNED

its still legal, so why wouldn't it be safe?

Thanks about the steel stuff. I was looking into that but don't want to buy a ton of it before I know if it will shoot or not haha. comp should be here tomorrow and then I will get it compliance work done asap, hopefully be shooting soon. Just hope there's still ammo available.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post

That is pretty insane.

Placed an order with them 2-3 weeks ago and still haven't received shipment. Ammo was said to be 'in stock' on their site.

B&J Guns in Albany .223, 1000 rounds, $299

Quote Originally Posted by guygus3516 View Post
    B&J Guns in Albany .223, 1000 rounds, $299
    What brand?

If you are worried you can have it shipped to my house, just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Instamark View Post
    its still legal, so why wouldn't it be safe?
    I know its legal but with everything in the news I don't want to be targeted as suspicious activity but from what it looks like everybody is doing the same thing I am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast