Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: damn post office!! Bought all of the 7.62x39 like I predicted!!

Not so Super Moderator Chicken Shoot's Avatar

Default damn post office!! Bought all of the 7.62x39 like I predicted!!

So ... Wally World from Glens Falls to Albany are now completely out of 7.62x29 TulAmmo!! I called it as soon as that story broke!! Most Wally World employees had confirmed that there is no order placed to restock it either. With the USPS buying 3,000,000 rds of 7.62x39, I KNEW it would be the end of affordable 7.62 ammo. Thank you US Govt for ****ing us again!!!! I wonder what the next caliber will be that the govt will purge from the free market??
    Last edited by Chicken Shoot; 02-25-2014 at 03:42 AM.
    RPD46

Huh ? I think you've got that a little mixed up CS.. either that or I do.

I don't know where you're getting that the post office was buying 7.62x39 though. What I saw was just that the post office was loking to purchace a significant quantity of "small arms" ammuniton, but hadn't yet made a deal.

Post Office Latest Federal Agency to Ask for Ammunition
    The PJ Tatler » Why Is the U.S. Postal Service Buying Ammunition?
    Yes, The US Postal Service is Buying Ammo, No, It’s Not Some Big Conspiracy

Its the US Army that bought 600,000 AK pattern magazines and a month before that nearly 3,000,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm.

And there's still plenty of WOLF and Brown Bear and such available on sportsman's guide and elsewhere on the net. Sure we can't order online in NY now, but it doesn't seem to be in super short supply or anything is my point. It's been the one thing that has really been available (and still seems to be )
    Chicken Shoot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hexidismal View Post
    Huh ? I think you've got that a little mixed up CS.. either that or I do.

I don't know where you're getting that the post office was buying 7.62x39 though. What I saw was just that the post office was loking to purchace a significant quantity of "small arms" ammuniton, but hadn't yet made a deal.

Post Office Latest Federal Agency to Ask for Ammunition
    The PJ Tatler » Why Is the U.S. Postal Service Buying Ammunition?
    Yes, The US Postal Service is Buying Ammo, No, It’s Not Some Big Conspiracy

Its the US Army that bought 600,000 AK pattern magazines and a month before that nearly 3,000,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm.
    The order was placed ... maybe by the Army (which I've never heard that one before) and they charged it to the USPS for book keeping purposes ...I have no idea. All I know is, now 7.62x39 is not available and I highly doubt it's a coincidence that it's shortly after our govt is buying rds of ammo that our military doesn't use AND it's not NATO approved. I know where the crap is going ... to the muslim brotherhood just like the Abrams tanks and the F16 fighter jets and the 10 billiion in aid went ... it still doesn't change the fact that there was not one issue finding and buying the ammo ... until very recently. Coincidence ..... not a chance.
    thecelt and Norm DeGuerre like this.
    RPD46

And there's still plenty of WOLF and Brown Bear and such available on sportsman's guide and elsewhere on the net. Sure we can't order online in NY now, but it doesn't seem to be in super short supply or anything is my point. It's been the one thing that has really been available (and still seems to be )

Oh no ... I understand that the ammo is out there, but I also know it won't be for long even in the FREE parts of America. It's no longer available in the UN run communist NYS!! I just need to cool down ... I've been thinking of selling all of my .22's because .... there's no need to have something that you can't get ammo for. Now ..... it's time to sell the SKS and then .... well that's all I have so ...... yeah. I'll stick to archery I guess in the anti-American state of NY!! It's been over a year since I've seen .22LR in a store. Now ... I see that being the case with 7.62x39. Then .... .223 and then all other calibers will follow. Game over.
    RPD46

We use 7.62x39 for training the Afghan forces. I have seen tons of boxes of Wolf and other brands sitting on pallets.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis
    The sheepdog does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by dsdmmat View Post
    We use 7.62x39 for training the Afghan forces. I have seen tons of boxes of Wolf and other brands sitting on pallets.
    Tell them we'll train them for a fee AND they need to bring their OWN ammo and magazines!! This is BS ..... oh hey ..... grab me a few thousand rounds so I can have some fun shooting papers targets .. you know ... that thing I do that makes me so dangerous to society! (why would we be training them?? OHHHHH .... like we trained the terrorists to operate and fly airplanes prior to 9/11 ... OK .... gotcha!! I feel SO much safer now) <--- enter my ever present sarcasm!! LOL

Ah to hell with it .... I'm going outside in the 14 degree temp and change the friggin struts in my Neon. Pfft .... just when I find a caliber that's affordable and available ... POOF .... gone.
    Last edited by Chicken Shoot; 02-25-2014 at 04:39 AM.
    ARA likes this.
    RPD46

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    Tell them we'll train them for a fee AND they need to bring their OWN ammo and magazines!! This is BS ..... oh hey ..... grab me a few thousand rounds so I can have some fun shooting papers targets .. you know ... that thing I do that makes me so dangerous to society! (why would we be training them?? OHHHHH .... like we trained the terrorists to operate and fly airplanes prior to 9/11 ... OK .... gotcha!! I feel SO much safer now) <--- enter my ever present sarcasm!!
    Unfortunately everything you say is true. I have seen things that make me shake my head over here. Jokingly, I kept telling the guys that handle the ammo, "hey I will give you an address to send this stuff to."

As General Powell famously once said, "you break it, you own it." Which is why we are training the Afghan Security Forces to deal with their own security.

Unfortunately everything you say is true. I have seen things that make me shake my head over here. Jokingly, I kept telling the guys that handle the ammo, "hey I will give you an address to send this stuff to."

As General Powell famously once said, "you break it, you own it." Which is why we are training the Afghan Security Forces to deal with their own security.
    Seriously .... you telling me that my rant crap is true really isn't helping. Now, please "break open" a pallet of ammo and have it shipped to me please.
    RPD46

Seriously .... you telling me that my rant crap is true really isn't helping. Now, please "break open" a pallet of ammo and have it shipped to me please.
    yeah I will get right on that. DHL Drop shipment ok? BTW since we will be cell mates do you prefer the top or bottom bunk? lol

yeah I will get right on that. DHL Drop shipment ok? BTW since we will be cell mates do you prefer the top or bottom bunk? lol
    Doesn't matter as far as the bunk goes ..... any funny business and the outcome will be the same ... I'll have the cell to myself. (Hahahaha) When can I expect shipment?? Hopefully faster than Sportsman's Guide!!! Friggin 10 days for my damn bow .... I could have walked there, picked it from the warehouse myself and been home in less time!!!! LOL
    Last edited by Chicken Shoot; 02-25-2014 at 04:55 AM.
    RPD46

Doesn't matter as far as the bunk goes ..... any funny business and the outcome will be the same ... I'll have the cell to myself. (Hahahaha) When can I expect shipment?? Hopefully faster than Sportsman's Guide!!! Friggin 10 days for my damn bow .... I could have walked there, picked it from the warehouse myself and been home in less time!!!! LOL
    Shipment will arrive about 10 minutes before the BATFE, FBI, CIA, NSA and all the other 3 letter agencies get there.

Tula 7.62x39 HP and FMJ in 225-250.00 range available online for 1K rounds. I can get it from suppliers pretty easily too.
    We are a small home based firearms business in the Capital District. We advertise on Gunbroker, NY Firearms, Facebook, and In House. All firearms we sell will remain for sale until a deposit is placed on the item or paid for in full. To contact us PLEASE use email - fireflyfirearms@gmail.com or call (518)225-2035. We do not check PM through the inbox on NYF on a regular basis. Thank You!

This thread makes me wonder. When will people start making their own ammo? I mean really making their own stuff from the projectile down to the actual powder.

Major

You didn't check the Wally world in Queensbury on Aviation rd. (By Nemer Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep)

The counter guy at Dick's told me that the USPS bought 10 million rounds of 7.62mm ammo.... it must be true.

Shipment will arrive about 10 minutes before the BATFE, FBI, CIA, NSA and all the other 3 letter agencies get there.
    10 minutes you say??? That's plenty of time to get outta here with the ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyq View Post
    You didn't check the Wally world in Queensbury on Aviation rd. (By Nemer Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep)

The counter guy at Dick's told me that the USPS bought 10 million rounds of 7.62mm ammo.... it must be true.
    10 million rounds??? Naaaaa .... The official number was 3 million but hey .... I don't work at Dick's and they were the first store to pull AR's from their shelves in the middle of the night so maybe they know more than we thought??? LOL
    RPD46

Captain

7.62x39 are like Doritos, sit back the Russians will make more.
    spat likes this.

Where is this story though that says it was the USPS that bought 3 mil. x39 rounds ? Like I pointed out earliar, there were stories about the USPS asking for ammunition, and another story way back about the US ARMY purchases, but I have yet to find a story that confirms the combination of USPS and the 7.62x39... Same thing I was asking before here CS, what is the source for this ?

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly Firearms View Post
    Tula 7.62x39 HP and FMJ in 225-250.00 range available online for 1K rounds. I can get it from suppliers pretty easily too.
    I like Bob.
    RPD46

Where is this story though that says it was the USPS that bought 3 mil. x39 rounds ? Like I pointed out earliar, there were stories about the USPS asking for ammunition, and another story way back about the US ARMY purchases, but I have yet to find a story that confirms the combination of USPS and the 7.62x39... Same thing I was asking before here CS, what is the source for this ?
    I got my info from the only place I really visit .... NYFirearms.com. LOL This is from another thread ....

» U.S. Postal Service Announces Giant Ammo Purchase Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

“The United States Postal Service intends to solicit proposals for assorted small arms ammunition,” the notice reads, which also mentioned a deadline of Feb. 10."

(Just let me blame someone will ya??? I'm practicing so I can run against the princess and I have to hone my blame game skills!!)

... and yes ... the army purchased 3 million rounds of 7.62x39 .... BEFORE they bought the AK47 mags so .... that was prior to this USPS crap. Who the hell is Alex Jones anyways?? Maybe I'll blame HIM for this thread!!

I blame Hex for my new found hobby of trying to become a computer guru AND I blame Smurfette for the sudden addiction to bacon!! I blame Tim as being the reason I now wear makeup!! (look at his avatar!) Shall I keep going??? Hahahaha
    Last edited by Chicken Shoot; 02-25-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    RPD46

Am I the only one wondering why the post office would buy the ammo or did I miss something?
    *besides to go postal
    dsdmmat likes this.

I have some Lake City from the early 70's...whats it worth?

Quote Originally Posted by gun_slinger_boy View Post
    Am I the only one wondering why the post office would buy the ammo or did I miss something?
    *besides to go postal
    Postal Inspectors carry

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyq View Post

Oh yes I did .... nothing.
    RPD46

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast