New York Firearms Forum banner

NYFirearms Database Error

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  deeuubee 
#1 ·
I have been trying to do a search on the site for the last few days. I input just about anything in the search box, but the only thing that gets returned is "
Database Error
Database error
The NY Firearms database has encountered a problem."

Anyone know what is going on? I tried on multiple platforms (smartphone and tablet, as well as 2 different computers in different locations using different connections - still no dice. Getting annoying! I want to ask folks for input on something, but really didnt wanna get the "try searching the forums" lecture that sometimes happens...

See less See more
#2 ·
This is happening all over the place - if you've seen a lot of duplicate posts, this is why. For whatever reason, database errors keep popping up when actions are taken on the forum (searches, posts, etc). The admin team is aware of the issue.

Posts tend to take, meaning while it returns DB error, the posts are posted... hence the rampant repeat posting that has been happening.

#22 ·
I can access the website and go to different pages, I just get the database error when I try to login.
Like I said in the other thread, I'm thinking hardware problem because I can login from my laptop, but I don't know enough about what to check.

I have cleared the cache, restarted the computer, turned off the VPN, the only thing I haven't tried is turning off the anti-virus.
I'll try that next. Thanks for responding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.