Close

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crowell33

Thread: Anyone Shoot/Own a Bushmaster .450 caliber AR ??

Default Anyone Shoot/Own a Bushmaster .450 caliber AR ??

The .450 Bushmaster "Thumper" caught my eye,I was wondering if anyone has shot one or owns one ?? Pro's....Con's ?? The Remington R15 .450 looks to be an interesting rifle.....!

"There's a time to live,a time to die,a time to meet your maker...But isn't it strange as soon as your born,your dying" Bruce Dickinson ~IM~

JVG

Quote Originally Posted by THE RAVEN View Post
    The .450 Bushmaster "Thumper" caught my eye,I was wondering if anyone has shot one or owns one ?? Pro's....Con's ?? The Remington R15 .450 looks to be an interesting rifle.....!
    probably a great AR variant to take on and African safari to bag a lion or something
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria

LOL true...! I will never make it to Africa,but I bet I could have fun at the range with one....

"There's a time to live,a time to die,a time to meet your maker...But isn't it strange as soon as your born,your dying" Bruce Dickinson ~IM~

JVG

Quote Originally Posted by THE RAVEN View Post
    LOL true...! I will never make it to Africa,but I bet I could have fun at the range with one....
    With a lot of other proven variants becoming more readily available with expanding ammunition options and sources the .450 is just too new to catch my interest. Bigger isn't always better. I'd go .50 beowulf before I'd go towards the .450 at this point
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria

My boss has one, he uses for deer hunting. I fired 5 rounds out of it and it is a shoulder bruiser. A 20 round magazine (223) only holds 5 rounds of 450 Bushmaster.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis
    The sheepdog does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

I have one and it's my favorite rifle. I've shot multiple deer with it, and even bagged a black bear with it, too. It's pretty dead-nuts accurate out to 200 yards and ammo is in good supply and relatively inexpensive (roughly $28/box for 260 grain Hornady).

You'll definitely feel the recoil after a few rounds, but it's not too bad.

The only downside to it is extra mags are on the high side - about $45 for a 9 rounder.

Here's a couple pics of mine.

THE RAVEN likes this.
    Chuck Norris just got back from Pakistan.

That is a great looking rifle......I'm not going to hunt with it,just shoot targets and melons.....Do you remember what the retail is for one ??

I bought it off Gun Broker for $1100.
    Chuck Norris just got back from Pakistan.