Close

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1502
Like Tree1460Likes

Thread: MR2 AR-15 Kit..

  1. #1
    General ranger1033's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rouses Point,NY
    Posts
    5,034

    Default MR2 AR-15 Kit..

    My MR2 AR-15 Kit came today,I am not going to install it just let,I am going to hold off for awhile to see what happens to this BS law where dealing with,anyways I have it if I need to make my AR NY compliant,the only thing is I have not heard anything is if it was confirmed to make are AR compliant here in NY,the only other thing is what I have read on the website where I bought it saying it would make my AR compliant in Banned States..But the 1st video it says Magazine Lock for your AR-15 Rifle/Pistol for "Ban" States (CA CT NY) that is right it says NY State do these guys know something we don't it is like there confirming this will make it totally legal for us here in NY..

    Or am I missing something?

    This is what they say on Gun Broker..

    • Introducing MR2. This is a patented upgrade to your current mag lock or factory magazine catch we’ve developed so you don’t have to register your AR Rifle or Pistol as an "Assault Weapon" with this latest round of stupid bans.
    • No more tool required to release the magazine!
    • It installs in about 5 minutes
    • No milling, or drilling required
    • No need to register ($54.00 in CA!)
    • Very easy to use, even in the dark
    • You can keep all of your favorite features: Pistol grip, Telescoping Stock, Flash Hider/Muzzle Brake, and Vertical Grip
    • Compatible with both Forged and Billet MIL-SPEC AR-15 and AR-10 Rifles/Pistols
    • Milled from 7075-T6 Aluminum anodized to Military Specifications, all contours designed to match the AR-series style
    • This kit comes with complete installation instructions, and the work can be done by even the most novice of AR owners
    Introducing AR MR2 - Magazine Lock for your AR-15 Rifle/Pistol for "Ban" States (CA CT NY)



    Video how to install the MR2 AR-15 Kit..



    dirty dan, jed42 and Lucratif6 like this.

  2. #2
    Sergeant
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Aah here we go. Lol
    You wont get any definitive answers here.
    I hope he can get some sort of written confirmation, but I'm not holding my breath.
    snkypete likes this.

  3. #3
    Colonel Prominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Delaware County
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Good to go IMO.

    You have to disassemble your gun to remove the magazine.

    If this was not compliant than every single semi-auto with fixed magazine would not be compliant.

    Apply the law to all guns equally.

  4. #4
    Colonel Dieter122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saratoga County
    Posts
    4,554

    Default

    SHOULD be good to go.

    NYSP can ban things and make them illegal simply at a whim however.

    Who needs checks and balances ....

  5. #5
    General ranger1033's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rouses Point,NY
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    The whole law is totally BS,they can wright laws but they can not tell you what or what is legal to use..

  6. #6
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    I dont see how that would be illegal.. I mean in order to take the magazine out you have to pivot the upper... as soon as you do that it should be no longer considered a semi auto fire arm because it cant even fire like that
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  7. #7
    Major Robhimself's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Cheektowaga, NY
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    You want to blow some minds use some stripper clips to load your magazine!
    snkypete and mrbprint like this.

  8. #8
    Captain OnyxDragun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madison County
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robhimself View Post
    You want to blow some minds use some stripper clips to load your magazine!
    interested in how one would do this , when the spoon won't fit mag body while still in the receiver ?

    edit: found answer
    Last edited by OnyxDragun; 08-24-2013 at 10:07 AM.

  9. #9
    Colonel PY-Tactical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Penn Yan, Keuka Lake mud pits
    Posts
    3,337

    Default

    I can't believe this would satisfy SAFE. How is the mag fixed when instead of having just to push the mag release this gizmo has you pull out a pin and push a mag release to remove the magazine? Not exactly a fixed magazine. The law states fixed, not removable by taking a few seconds for an additional step involved.

    Anyway, thanks for possibly being a test case. I wouldn't expect any thing approaching an approval of anything by the State. The law was written poorly and I'll defined for a reason.
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

  10. #10
    Colonel Prominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Delaware County
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PY-Tactical View Post
    I can't believe this would satisfy SAFE. How is the mag fixed when instead of having just to push the mag release this gizmo has you pull out a pin and push a mag release to remove the magazine? Not exactly a fixed magazine. The law states fixed, not removable by taking a few seconds for an additional step involved.

    Anyway, thanks for possibly being a test case. I wouldn't expect any thing approaching an approval of anything by the State. The law was written poorly and I'll defined for a reason.

    It's fixed because you have to disassemble the gun to remove it. Same as any other fixed magazine. You must dissemble the gun to remove it. By your statement there is no such thing as a gun with a fixed magazine gun.

    How easy or hard it is has no relevance. I am sure some fixed gun magazines are hard to remove and others are not.
    thecelt, snkypete and DWrath2 like this.

  11. #11
    Major Elwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    behind the lines
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    for all intents and purposes if the lower is the firearm by definition, exactly what part of the " firearm " is being disabled to remove the magazine, because the upper is not the firearm ? simply pivoting the upper is not disassembling the firearm.....

  12. #12
    Colonel Prominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Delaware County
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    for all intents and purposes if the lower is the firearm by definition, exactly what part of the " firearm " is being disabled to remove the magazine, because the upper is not the firearm ? simply pivoting the upper is not disassembling the firearm.....
    For all intents and purpose by this logic the magazine is fixed in a semi-automatic gun and when the upper is taken off the magazine is no longer fixed which is okay because the lower is no longer semi-automatic.
    snkypete and OnyxDragun like this.

  13. #13
    Colonel PY-Tactical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Penn Yan, Keuka Lake mud pits
    Posts
    3,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prominus View Post
    It's fixed because you have to disassemble the gun to remove it. Same as any other fixed magazine. You must dissemble the gun to remove it. By your statement there is no such thing as a gun with a fixed magazine gun.

    How easy or hard it is has no relevance. I am sure some fixed gun magazines are hard to remove and others are not.
    The absence of any tools required and the speed in which it can allow removal of the magazine will have lot to do with the legality of this thing. My statement and opinion reflects this. Taking 15 or 20 seconds to do a mag change is different than 15 or twenty minutes and needing tools to do it. I doubt that breaking open the receivers is going to be seen as "disassembly.'
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

  14. #14
    Major Elwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    behind the lines
    Posts
    1,423

    Default

    this gizmo retains the magazine when it's completely assembled (upper an lower together ) but, when you pivot the upper the magazine is now detachable from what is considered the firearm, so in theory if a complete lower with any evil feature even with this thing would be a no go, i doubt that even with the upper completely removed would change anything, it's still a complete working lower (semi reciever and fire control group )

  15. #15
    Colonel Prominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Delaware County
    Posts
    2,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    this gizmo retains the magazine when it's completely assembled (upper an lower together ) but, when you pivot the upper the magazine is now detachable from what is considered the firearm, so in theory if a complete lower with any evil feature even with this thing would be a no go, i doubt that even with the upper completely removed would change anything, it's still a complete working lower (semi reciever and fire control group )
    A completed AR-15 lower is NOT semi-automatic.
    49metal likes this.

  16. #16
    General Evild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Newyorkistan
    Posts
    6,074

    Default

    vomit.
    45 Kills your soul.

    MOLON LABE!

  17. #17
    Major snkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dutchess County
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    The amount of time it takes is irrelevant. Please show where in the law it states you must require a set amount of time to disable the rifle.

    IANAL, but my personal opinion is the way the law was written this is legal. The reality is the people writing these laws know nothing about firearms and that is good for us to find solutions around their stupidity.

    That being said, I don't think I would want to the test case because NYSP will never sign off in writing on anything and the legal costs to defend yourself with be substantial.

    I still however plan to buy them for any rifles I may/may not own.
    thecelt likes this.


    NRA | NYSRPA | S.C.O.P.E.

  18. #18
    General Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Onondaga County
    Posts
    8,589

    Default

    My legal judgment is that this device makes your AR completely legal and not required to be registered. This is my opinion, I cannot guarantee the state will agree but there is no way they could claim this uses a detachable magazine, and that is the key.

    I can tell you this anyway, if we don't beat this damn law this seems the best option available. But don't worry, we will beat the law.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

    NYSRPA

    Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

  19. #19
    General Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Onondaga County
    Posts
    8,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    this gizmo retains the magazine when it's completely assembled (upper an lower together ) but, when you pivot the upper the magazine is now detachable from what is considered the firearm, so in theory if a complete lower with any evil feature even with this thing would be a no go, i doubt that even with the upper completely removed would change anything, it's still a complete working lower (semi reciever and fire control group )
    I do not agree with this. As long as the magazine cannot be removed without disassembly of the rifle, you are GTG. The amount of time it takes is not a factor either.
    timmyp likes this.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

    NYSRPA

    Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

  20. #20
    Major snkypete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dutchess County
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Seems like cheap insurance to have - always have a secondary plan.


    NRA | NYSRPA | S.C.O.P.E.

  21. #21
    General ranger1033's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rouses Point,NY
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshooter1 View Post
    My legal judgment is that this device makes your AR completely legal and not required to be registered. This is my opinion, I cannot guarantee the state will agree but there is no way they could claim this uses a detachable magazine, and that is the key.

    I can tell you this anyway, if we don't beat this damn law this seems the best option available. But don't worry, we will beat the law.
    Thanks Nyshooter1 for your reply on this,I really wish when they make a gun law they would state what is illegal and what is legal..

    I am really hoping this NY Safeact gets struck down and thrown in the fire before the April 15,2014 deadline,I bought the MR2 kit just to be on the safe side if the NY Safeact does not get struck down in time but if this will make my AR legal I be more then happy to use this kit as long as I do not have to register my AR..

  22. #22
    Major BUCKrub91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New park, pa
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranger1033 View Post
    Thanks Nyshooter1 for your reply on this,I really wish when they make a gun law they would state what is illegal and what is legal..

    I am really hoping this NY Safeact gets struck down and thrown in the fire before the April 15,2014 deadline,I bought the MR2 kit just to be on the safe side if the NY Safeact does not get struck down in time but if this will make my AR legal I be more then happy to use this kit as long as I do not have to register my AR..
    Did the date change? I thought it was January 1st 2014?
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

  23. #23
    General thecelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    11,255

    Default

    im 100% in agreement with those that state this meets the "intent" of the bull**** law. the magazine cannot be removed while the gun is together and functioning. it must be disassembled to remove the magazine. this is a very clever way to make the gun disassemble quickly, but that doesnt mean it doesnt meet the intent.

    i am confident we will beat this law before the requirement to register knocks on our door....... but, if i am wrong, i would sooner install this than any other option to avoid registration for any firearms i may or may not own. its the best option in a ****ty situation.
    SCOPENY-NRA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

    Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach!


  24. #24
    General ranger1033's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rouses Point,NY
    Posts
    5,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKrub91 View Post
    Did the date change? I thought it was January 1st 2014?
    I am pretty sure it is April 15th as this would be 1 year from the date is was put in place what was April 15th 2013..

    I was correct read this..

    New York's assault weapon registration begins under NY SAFE Act : News : CNYcentral.com

  25. #25
    Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Palmdale
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Apologies for my utter ignorance, but what office is NYShooter1 from?

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •