Close

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Dieter122
  • 2 Post By timmyp

Thread: How many have their clothes tailored to carry?

Default How many have their clothes tailored to carry?

My friend stumbled across this

Concealed Carry: How to Dress For Concealed Carry | The Art of Manliness

and it makes alot of sense. Just because we are packing iron does not mean we need to look like crap. Anyone know a tailor that can mod garments for carry?

Corporal

I don't know of any in your area, but maybe one of our sponsors has some apparel that is carry friendly? Anyone else have an idea?

i just wear big tshirts or 1 size large polos.

Corporal

5.11 makes some dress shirts for people who carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeskato View Post
    5.11 makes some dress shirts for people who carry.
    511 makes some nice shirts. I bought a few on a super sale.They are perfect for concealed carry and have zero print. Pricey but if you shop around like on Amazon, etc, you can find some good deals sometimes.
    “Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves bananas, they’ll never climb another tree.” Robert Heinlein
    MOɅΩN ɅABE
    FUAC

Hmm, I was figuring altering normal brand clothes would make it more stealthy to everyone. Figure if you are wearing a tactical brand clothing you are more apt to but someone wearing Ralph Lauren or Polo would be less apt to draw attention.

A dark polo or buttoned shirt one size bigger with a pattern of some sort does a good job of concealing...

Now's a good time to hit the clearance racks at the department stores for next summer's concealed shirts.
    According to Fuhrer Cuomo, I am an "extreme fringe conservative". According to Bill Maher, I'm an "ammosexual". F' them. I'm just a regular guy who chooses to arm himself - a sheepdog amongst the sheep - because I never know when the wolf will appear.

Logan, Utah. (Moving my business out of NY)

When I go to a party or tuxedo I carry a 9mm single stack and I have no problem carrying in the pocket.
    When I have one of my glocks, specially full frame I need to go with something large. The suit is not going to be great
    in the 100 degree summer heat. So for summer carry probably light and big T-shirt or Polo or what not.
    That's the good thing about rochester we do not get too many of those months so you can carry full frame with any
    coat or long jacket.
    Try wool austrian jackets or a loden they do not go out of fashion and they are long and warm and cover really well.
    I understand not wanting to look like crap, you do not have to, but a polo and nice jeans is perfectly ok.
    Actually the first thing people look at in a person are the haircut and the shoes. So a nice haircut and shave or nicely trimmed beard and good shoes go long ways. I mean, unless you want to go 007 like in the picture above.
    Last edited by meketrefe; 10-05-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke

Thanks, I will, still think their advice about having your blazers tailored with your pistol is not exactly bad. I was gonna have mine anyway I will do some before and after shots and see if it was worth it. Once I get my permit, still collecting sigs

Corporal

would rather get this for 15 than alter something expensive. 5.11 Tactical Covert Dress L/S Shirt 2.0 72188 CLOSEOUT

kmussack

Sam or one of his sons will hook you up.

Burlington House
    90-94 Nathan Rd.,
    Tsim Sha Tsui,
    Kowloon, Hong Kong

Welcome to Sams Tailor

He’s not cheap but produces a first class suit. You can provide a “bulge” for him to tailor around just don’t bring the real thing or you risk a long term visit.

Travel will cost you but if you can swing it you will not be disappointed.

A friend of mine out in AZ makes all her own clothing(nice stuff). So I asked her about making CCW capable clothing for me.Looks like I am going out in the spring to get a few things made up. Nothing like U.S. made products!
    Chief of Unicorn and Rainbows Division

I never intentially conceal, but I have seen a lot of clothing that would work just fine. Back when...I used to have to wear a suit for work, (Until I went to work for myself) any well taylored suit would conceal...just don't get something that is a bit small for your body type. Then it can look like you are carrying, even when you are not.

I also agree with the suit pocket carry...that works too. Especially the left inside breast pocket (I'm right handed) I just shifted my wallet to another pocket.

I don't wear anything special at all.
    No Tupperware allowed in my safe.

I tailor my body to fit my CC clothes. Step 1: Buy two sizes too big so IWB holster fits well. Step 2: Eat donuts. Repeat.
    ladder13 and fullmags like this.
    "We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by timmyp View Post
    I tailor my body to fit my CC clothes. Step 1: Buy two sizes too big so IWB holster fits well. Step 2: Eat donuts. Repeat.
    Haha, thanks for lightening up my day.
    No Tupperware allowed in my safe.

Try Deluth Trading Co. they make nice shirts for CC

I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner usmcveteran's Avatar

If your still looking into this I have a couple suggestions. First off I have had suit jackets and sport coats tailored. Personally I just had the jackets tailored while wearing a vest under dress shirt.

Then the only other alteration I had done was a pocket sewn into the bottom right side of jacket next to opening. That way you can place rolled quarters or anything really with some weight (spare mag maybe but not ideal). Then when you go to draw you can fling jacket and weight will carry it behind your hips and it will stay there. I have brought this up before on here and Rochpersdef has said he had someone in a class use that and they hit themselves with the weight so he doesnt like it but personally I think he is wrong. If your going to do as I suggest then as a responsible person you should practice your draw with that set up and you wont have the issue he talked about. Just like with any system things can get caught up or go wrong but through training you can prevent it.

The article, however a somewhat good idea, was written with little good facts behind it.

Re-read it and look for them, you'll see. Inaccurate info on Semi Auto's......they regurgitate the fallacies of certain types of carry...

BUT...I do like the fact of an article of it's type regardless....
    "From training comes knowledge. From knowledge comes confidence. From confidence comes triumph."

The Next Evolution in Training

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roche...61665857219329

Dave Jenkins,
    Founder, Primary Instructor: Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
    NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor for:Well, pretty much everything!
    REAL TRAINING, FOR REAL PEOPLE, FOR REAL LIFE.

I went up a pant size, 38 to 40, to accommodate the extra space my Glock 19 takes up. Wrangler cargo pants are my favorite, as I think they are the most low-profile and mainstream brand that offers lots of spacious pockets for EDC and CCW's. I see them everywhere, and they're comfortable to. Very "grey man".

For the sweltering days of mid-summer, I've been thinking about switching from t-shirts to short sleeved dress shirts, untucked. It'll provide better air circulation than my usual shirts and would probably print less, not that my t-shirts ever print much to begin with.

"Liberty means responsibility, that is why most men dread it."

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    The article, however a somewhat good idea, was written with little good facts behind it.

Re-read it and look for them, you'll see. Inaccurate info on Semi Auto's......they regurgitate the fallacies of certain types of carry...

BUT...I do like the fact of an article of it's type regardless....

It is more a style article than one that is meant to be exhaustive on carry firearms, I would hazard that was there more to help those unfamiliar with CC, pistols, and firearms in general before continuing into the body of the article.

BANNED

I don't. I find I can conceal my gun fine just fine with my clothes as they are.