Close

BANNED

Default IPSC Matches at Genesee Conversation League & Rochester Brooks

Just thought I would post this info for the guys that live in Rochester & the surrounding areas:

IPSC Matches at Genesee Conservation League (GCL) every 1st Saturday of the month. They have them at 10am (but they are signed up for in advance and always are full) & 1pm (usually always have room for shooters at 1pm). Price: $12 for GCL members, $15 for non-members

IPSC Matches at Rochester Brooks International Trap & Skeet Club every 3rd Sunday of the month, 10am. Price: $15 (not sure if there is a cheaper price for Brooks members)

Just Google the clubs names to find directions there.

If there are any more IPSC or IDPA matches in the Rochester/Buffalo area, post them up!

IDPA @ GCL on the third Sat or Sunday, depending on the season..

And the Tuesday Night CCW shoot run by Rochester Defensive Pistol Associates as well....

Lots of options out there!
    "From training comes knowledge. From knowledge comes confidence. From confidence comes triumph."

The Next Evolution in Training

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roche...61665857219329

Dave Jenkins,
    Founder, Primary Instructor: Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
    NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor for:Well, pretty much everything!
    REAL TRAINING, FOR REAL PEOPLE, FOR REAL LIFE.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    IDPA @ GCL on the third Sat or Sunday, depending on the season..

And the Tuesday Night CCW shoot run by Rochester Defensive Pistol Associates as well....

Lots of options out there!
    Dave, can you explain the differences between IDPA & IPSC? Are they both basically the same thing? How would I find out which sat or sun IDPA is having a match? I am trying to shoot as much as I can this summer.

IPSC: full on competition. More speed vs accuracy oriented. Very few or no real world defense tactics, just tips or tricks to beat the course and score better.

IDPA: still competition, more tactics (real world stuff-kinda) than none. More towards defensive skills than IPSC
    "From training comes knowledge. From knowledge comes confidence. From confidence comes triumph."

Dave Jenkins,
    NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor for:Well, pretty much everything!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    IPSC: full on competition. More speed vs accuracy oriented. Very few or no real world defense tactics, just tips or tricks to beat the course and score better.

IDPA: still competition, more tactics (real world stuff-kinda) than none. More towards defensive skills than IPSC

Thanks for the clarification. Do you think you can list when you have your IDPA matches? I shoot the IPSC matches and shoot every Wednesday (till the roof situation), can I come to the IDPA matches & shoot?

Check the GCL website. They host the IPSC and IDPA matches. The Tuesday CCW shoot is my match.

Dave Jenkins,