• 2 Post By waldershrek
  • 1 Post By OnPatrol
  • 1 Post By ChrisWNY
  • 1 Post By Tifosi
  • 1 Post By RayKnobs
  • 3 Post By Darthgamer138

Thread: Bystander with CCW saves police officer in Louisiana

jmac00 and OnPatrol like this.
    Any guy who is anti-gun needs to have his "Man Card" pulled.

Remember, in any polite society, the ones with the guns make the laws. Now you know why the Liberals are the ones trying to disarm the citizens.

I love it.

"The verbal commands are ignored and Mr. Stevens fires four shots, all of which struck Mr. Temple."

"With Temple still struggling with the officer, Perry continued to advance toward the scuffle.
    He again orders Mr. Temple to stop what he was doing and get off the officer. Those commands are ignored and he fires a fifth shot and that hits his head. The incident is over with, and as you know, Mr. Temple is dead."

I would like to meet Perry Stevens and thank him for his heroic actions...... and fantastic shot placement.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    Ernest Hemingway, April 1936

The sheep pretend the wolf will never come; but the sheepdog live for that day.

RPD 46

Major

Quote Originally Posted by OnPatrol View Post
    I love it.

"The verbal commands are ignored and Mr. Stevens fires four shots, all of which struck Mr. Temple."

"With Temple still struggling with the officer, Perry continued to advance toward the scuffle.
    He again orders Mr. Temple to stop what he was doing and get off the officer. Those commands are ignored and he fires a fifth shot and that hits his head. The incident is over with, and as you know, Mr. Temple is dead."

I would like to meet Perry Stevens and thank him for his heroic actions...... and fantastic shot placement.
    My sentiments exactly. I hope we can now get more LEO to accept the fact that a citizen with a CCW is maybe a "good thing"?

Quote Originally Posted by eagleridge357 View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I hope we can now get more LEO to accept the fact that a citizen with a CCW is maybe a "good thing"?
    I think most rank and file officers know this to be true, the political appointed and connected may not. As with the military the junior members do not always believe or think the way the seniors say they do.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis
    The sheepdog does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

God damn, 4 center mass hits with a .45 plus one from the cop and the guy is still fighting!? Props to this citizen. He should take NYPD test and show them a thing or ten about marksmanship.
    Sweet98 and Darthgamer138 like this.
    Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by eagleridge357 View Post
    I think you'd find most cops are very supportive of a citizen with a permit/handgun.
    Suby likes this.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    Ernest Hemingway, April 1936

The sheep pretend the wolf will never come; but the sheepdog live for that day.

RPD 46

Someone should post this story on Bloomie's facebook page. And I agree with OnPatrol, I think the PD is generally supportive of 2A and citizens who choose to carry for lawful purposes. It's the politicians/lawmakers who b*tch and moan about concealed carry and in turn legislate bans to forbid it that are the real problem.
    Last edited by ChrisWNY; 08-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    1uglyfox likes this.
    NYS/FL CCW
    --------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of those who threaten to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
    Someone should post this story on Bloomie's facebook page...
    GREAT idea. Cuomo's too.
    "We're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn, only to be washed away.... For the time that I've been given, I am what I am."

It's a lowlife move to interrupt a funeral procession. Big shock the guy had a criminal record.

Edit:
    FBI Joins Temple Shooting Investigation - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

Al Sharpton is most likely on his way now.

Edit again: Just noticed this is not a recent case. Al must have thought better of it.
    Last edited by ECU Pirates; 08-30-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    "If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
    - Diane Feinstein
    (I love Diane, that sexy angel)

Major

Quote Originally Posted by OnPatrol View Post
    I think you'd find most cops are very supportive of a citizen with a permit/handgun.
    Actually I agree, I have 2 LEO in my family. I used the word "more".
    On a different note;
    Not to sound negative, but I am wondering how long it will be until some anti-gunners start to pick this one apart. I can see some points that the anti-gun group would pick at. Can anyone else?

I wrote this before I saw that this is not a recent case, but posted anyway, because my wondering is still there. Does anyone know if the AG group jumped on this one? I can see a reason they might.

I wonder if dude still wanders about unarmed by leaving his gun in the car even though he has a ccw.
    ('no carry' retailers are practically non~existant in LA)
    BIG flash likes this.
    If there's no such thing as trolls, how do you explain all the dead unicorns?

The artist formerly known as jhm8071 NirvanaFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ECU Pirates View Post
    It's a lowlife move to interrupt a funeral procession. Big shock the guy had a criminal record.

Not to sound like a jerk, but funeral processions are a pain in the ass. I was driving down 490 a few weekends back and they had 15 or so cars driving 40 miles an hour down a 3 lane highway. They were causing a significant backup in traffic (well over a mile long, which is a lot for a Saturday morning). I was eventually able to pass them, right as it turns from 55 mph to 65 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by jhm8071 View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but funeral processions are a pain in the ass..

A buddy of mine in NC posted this the other day

Stopped for a funeral procession this morning- in North Carolina, BOTH lanes of traffic stop when a funeral procession is coming through- whatta show of respect. I can only hope that people will show the same respect when it's my time to go- by pulling over...................then locking the brakes and doing a huge burnout!
    BIG flash likes this.

Well I'm going to do you guys a favor, I'm getting cremated! So no traffic jambs! LOL! Yeah funeral processions can be a pain but if possible, they should try not to block traffic.

James

Unless mama is going to take you home in an urn to sit on the mantle, there is indeed a procession for interment of cremated remains.
    Directors like them as they get full pay but use 1/6 the pallbearers and cemetary managers like it because they get paid just as handsomely for a significantly less space occupying plot in the baby farm instead of a full size hole out in the general area (dependant on headstone size, you can get 3 boxes of ash in the same area as one full scale grave)
    If there's no such thing as trolls, how do you explain all the dead unicorns?

Good for the CCW... better for the Police Officer. This is what it's all about.

I can't stand funeral processions either. Even worse are the guys in the fake police uniforms with the motorcycles that look like police motorcycles - stopping at intersections to block/direct traffic. In my book - that's felony impersonation, and they have no authority to direct traffic.

I don't think anyone has the right to inconvenience others because their time was up... just tell folks to show up to BlahBlah Cemetary at XX:00 for internment.
    According to Fuhrer Cuomo, I am an "extreme fringe conservative". According to Bill Maher, I'm an "ammosexual". F' them. I'm just a regular guy who chooses to arm himself - a sheepdog amongst the sheep - because I never know when the wolf will appear.

I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt BIG flash's Avatar

hmm, didn't even know they still did funeral processions unless it was for someone famous!

last time I saw one was in smokey and the bandit haha

Corporal

The biggest thing people should take away from this is shot placement, and not the caliber you are using.

Are you trying to tell me it's possible to take out an assailant with lethal force and NOT hit 9 bystanders?

:O
    Sponty, GuyMontag and Foxtrapper like this.
    ​Proud NRA LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Advanced Open Water Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​59. Any Dive Buddies out there? :-)

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Darthgamer138 View Post
    Are you trying to tell me it's possible to take out an assailant with lethal force and NOT hit 9 bystanders?

:O
    Yup. However, the pavement was scorched beyond repair by 5 REALLY hot casings.

Interesting that they will not credit Perry Stevens for saving the cops life. Just kinda wondering is that a legal thing, or did they decide that the assailant might hurt but was not in a position to actually kill the LEO? Just speculating, not trying to stir up anger or anything.
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG flash View Post
    hmm, didn't even know they still did funeral processions unless it was for someone famous!

last time I saw one was in smokey and the bandit haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Buford T. Justice
    If they'd have cremated the sum*****, I'd be kickin' that Mr. Bandit's ass around the moon by now!

Quote Originally Posted by nessman View Post
    ...I can't stand funeral processions either. Even worse are the guys in the fake police uniforms with the motorcycles that look like police motorcycles - stopping at intersections to block/direct traffic. In my book - that's felony impersonation, and they have no authority to direct traffic.

I don't think anyone has the right to inconvenience others because their time was up... just tell folks to show up to BlahBlah Cemetary at XX:00 for internment.
    In NY they are not legally allowed to do that I believe. I can't find any law on it for NY, except for one that did not yet pass. (Passed the Senate not the assembly)
    S3022-2011 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Prohibits disruption of a funeral procession by making it illegal for a driver of a motor vehicle to force his/her way into the line of said procession
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.