Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Bill bans all gun sales and ammo sales.. Here's how

Default Bill bans all gun sales and ammo sales.. Here's how

Gun shops really can't sell pistols without mags (only a few have mags under 7)..

Gun shops inventory is mostly now "banned" guns which can't be sold... So now each stuck with a million plus $$$ of now illegal stuff to sell to NYS residents...

Gun shop closes....

Now you have no one to do gun transfers from both out of state AND in state for FTF transactions .....

Now you can't buy ammo online through the shop, or at the closed shop, or in a FTF sale through the shop...

this is the beginning of the end of all gun ownership in NY...when you must register what you have , can't legally transfer anything and can't even buy or transfer ammo...

Agreed on all points. The courtroom is where this stuff will have to be challenged. Since everything else has been ignored.

Shooting you a PM as well.

Can they sell that now "banned" stock items to other FFLs out of state to recoup the money invested?
    Oathkeeper--NRA--GOA
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so my children may have peace. --Thomas Paine.

Real time ammo stock and pricing @ gunbot

This really sucks, lots of good people in the gun business. I'd hate to see them lose a career over this, but it seems all to inevitable.

Kinda just want to get rid of everything I have until I can get to a new state and start-over...

Just need to figure out how to sell this stuff legally because at the moment I have no idea.

Agreed.

I am still at a loss of words to describe how disappointed I am with the politians that passed this.
    racksmasher likes this.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Veudreaux View Post
    Can they sell that now "banned" stock items to other FFLs out of state to recoup the money invested?
    Yes, but it'll be a buyer's market. Everyone that you sell to will know that you have no alternative. Best bet is to do it quick through auction sites to take advantage of the current national frenzy. After that dies down, you'll get boned on anything you still hold.

BANNED

Anyone selling or registering their weapons is no better than the idiots that voted for this law. It's amazing how many people are just willing to cave in. We need strength in numbers!

It won't be long before someone makes 7 round mags. There is money to be made filling the void.

Sergeant

The only other way I could forsee of repealing this law, or to make it somewhat useless is to do as other politicians do and put riders to defund any registry attempt, somewhat like was done to COBIS, and/or put a repealer in the State Budget, and just keep blaming Cuomo for not signing the budget. It would basically be like how the Feds do things.
    baco777 likes this.
    PP application turned in 8/09/2012
    Approval letter received 10/5/2012
    Unrestricted Pistol Permit Issued 10/19/2012

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by ManrisFrack View Post
    Yes, but it'll be a buyer's market. Everyone that you sell to will know that you have no alternative. Best bet is to do it quick through auction sites to take advantage of the current national frenzy. After that dies down, you'll get boned on anything you still hold.
    Oathkeeper--NRA--GOA
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so my children may have peace. --Thomas Paine.

Real time ammo stock and pricing @ gunbot

Private

Default Can you buy in another State?

Can you buy an AR in another state like PA and then bring it to NY and register it? Or are they all banned unless you already had one? I know they are banned for sale in NY but don't see any mention on purchase in another state and brought here.

MDX

Quote Originally Posted by scal24 View Post
    Can you buy an AR in another state like PA and then bring it to NY and register it? Or are they all banned unless you already had one? I know they are banned for sale in NY but don't see any mention on purchase in another state and brought here.
    if you do not already own an assault type rifle, you will never own one unless this crap is overturned...

Corporal

No way to do that unless you lie.
    Member: NRA, SCOPE

Private

Thats what I thought. i didn't think they would allow you to buy one somewhere else and bring it here. So basically this registry is only for those of us that already have "Assault" rifles.

They can't say you have to use an FFL and then drive them out of business. Just another example of how poorly this thing is written.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by av8r View Post
    They can't say you have to use an FFL and then drive them out of business. Just another example of how poorly this thing is written.
    Or how correctly it is written, depending on the true goal of the legislation.
    I'm starting a Jart-smuggling ring. I'm going to sell them off the back of my three-wheeler.

Sergeant

They can't say you have to use an FFL and then drive them out of business.
    Ummmm... they just did.

Quote Originally Posted by archiefl98 View Post
    Or how correctly it is written, depending on the true goal of the legislation.
    I think its goal is obvious and its very thoughtfully written. These people are scum.
    Dieter122 likes this.
    I enjoy manipulating mechanical devices which propel small lead projectiles through space at high velocity.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by cooden View Post
    Anyone selling or registering their weapons is no better than the idiots that voted for this law. It's amazing how many people are just willing to cave in. We need strength in numbers!
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^ Cmon guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ManrisFrack View Post
    Ummmm... they just did.
    Ya? Show me one FFL that has gone out of business since Cuomo signed his pile of garbage.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by cooden View Post
    I can see gun owners becoming scofflaws and ignoring the law similar to how pot smokers (estimated at up to 50% of the population) ignore the drug laws.

The law seems to be written for maximum political effect, but the minimum enforcement/penalty for non-compliance. The penalties for much of the non-compliance are designed (in my opinion) to be pretty light and have loopholes and second chances.

Except for your registered pistols that appear on your permits, its none of the states business what you have in your safe.
    bigsal0009 and Greenriver762 like this.

like i have be saying to local buddies yes it was fast but it was very well planned on the governers part we are forced to have 7 round just hit a new year no company big company sig core magpul ect will put resources in making a 7 round mag just for NY to much time and money maybe next quarter so now what will happen is if we want any semi auto rifle we may now have the option to get a 5 round mag for companies that have so now not only was it dropped to 7 in reality its 5 until 7's come out and for get about ful size and compact pistol all sales will stop no company makes 7 rounds except for some colts will the 8 round 1911's be ok if loaded with 7 who knows but this was a plan to stop sales in NY until they figure out what to hit us with next

Ya? Show me one FFL that has gone out of business since Cuomo signed his pile of garbage.
    Uhh...it's been a day.
    ​Proud NRA LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Advanced Open Water Diver. Dives- ​59. Any Dive Buddies out there? :-)

Ya it's called the next round of mag bans..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast