Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: City of Hudson Alderman's response shows the contempt-unbelievable!

Default City of Hudson Alderman's response shows the contempt-unbelievable!

From Steve McGaughlin and his website;

Please if you have a minute, read what I'm sharing from the Guns Across America - New York page has posted. I spoke with JJ today about this and said I thought the best thing was to let the people know what the Alderman, David Marston from Hudson said to her. You can feel the seething contempt from this clown.
    Here's his email because after reading his tirade, you might want to send him a note.
    AldermanMarston@cityofhudson.org

From JJ. (who, by the way was the organizer of the first rally in Albany back in January.)

As most of you know, the City of Hudson in Columbia County is discussing a City-Wide Gun Ban. No weapons would be allowed on ANY city-owned property. As State Organizer AND a resident of Columbia County, I WILL be at the meeting of Hudson's Legal Committee tomorrow night when they address this issue. About a week ago, I forwarded the very poignant letter from the Saratoga Deputy, to the Mayor and Alderman of Hudson, and stated that this was an example of how the majority of LEOs feel about the sad state of our country. I received a response from Alderman Dave Marston, and the guy just went OFF ! I am posting the exchange between myself and Mr. Marsten here for your opinions.

dave marston <dave.marston@gmail.com>
    Feb 19 (7 days ago)

to me
    What is this? Is this about the Pledge of Allegiance or the S.A.F.E. act? Is it a personal essay submission? I'm not clear why I was sent this and what purposes it purports to serve? Please Advise.

David Marston.

Joanna Johnson-Smith <pactjj@gmail.com>
    Feb 19 (7 days ago)

to dave
    Dear Mr. Marston, This was sent to you as an Alderman of the City of Hudson, so you can see where 98% of NY Law Enforcement stand on the NY Safe Act before your Legal Committee decides to impose a Total Gun Ban in your city. The VERY few Law Enforcement Officers that support the Safe Act, about 2%, are all Democrats and Liberals who have never given a donkey's behind about the Constitutional Rights of the people who employ them. Patriotic Americans like the Deputy who wrote this letter, are incensed over the State and Federal attempts to disarm law-abiding Americans and spit on the Constitution. We all know what the REAL agenda is, and we will never allow it. Many of us will be at the meeting in Hudson on 2-27-2013 to make certain our voices are heard.
    Respectfully,
    JJ. Johnson-Smith NYS Organizer for Gun Rights Across America
    New Lebanon,N.Y

David Marston <dave.marston@gmail.com>
    Feb 22 (4 days ago)

to me
    Dear Joanna Johnson-Smith,

Its really neat that all you gun toting tea party psychotards are so interested in the goings on of our little City, even though I find it amazing that you don't have any other pressing issues before you in New Lebanon. On the other hand, I guess its not surprising, considering you ideologues aren't interested in actual policy, but rather grandstanding on mythical narratives of victimization.

Two things: The only spit here is the white stuff frothing on the ends of that rotten little mouth of yours from which you spew this hateful ignorant trash. And a donkeys behind? The rabid ignorance of the fringe is best illustrated by its sad metaphors, I mean seriously, thank you for the laughs.

By all means, come on down, we'll be happy to beat you barbarians back with the clubs of reason & responsibility, radical lunatics that you are. And say, a quick ProTip, since you're the "organizer" for unemployed guns nuts USA. Next time you think these unhinged rants will change the mind of anyone who has even a modicum of intelligence, you might instead just go back down into your basement & watch another episode of wheel-of-fortune. It'll certainly be just as effective. Remember: there are millions of Eagle Scout God Worshiping Patriots who find you & your radical ilk as disgraceful to American Democracy as the Brown Shirt jackboots you act like. I happen to be just one of them. Good Luck.

Best Regards,
    David Marston.

RPD 46

Dieter122 and niacin like this.

"Liberty means responsibility, that is why most men dread it."

Facebook

Sounds like somebody trolling on one of my Youtube videos. xD

I shall respond as such:

Robhimself likes this.
    ​Proud NRA LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Advanced Open Water Diver. Dives- ​56. Any Dive Buddies out there? :-)

What a classy guy, how could you lose with him on your side!

Sergeant

Holy crap what a bafoon

Wow, talk about ignorance.
    I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country

Deo et Patriĉ

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

I just sent him this email.

"Mr. Marston - I just finished reading an email conversation you had with Joanna Johnson-Smith. I was quite surprised with the tone and language on your behalf. I especially took offense to the "unemployed gun nuts" and "barbarians" labels, among other names, that you pointed in my direction since I took part in the rally in Albany also. I am an employed, civil doctor who owns my own practice and I make my living helping people. I also happen to own firearms and believe in the constitution. It is sad that people can't have a discussion without resorting to verbal insults. I've heard the term, "the pen is mightier than the sword". You sir have one violent pen (keyboard).
    Dr. xxxx xxxxxx"
    rjmlakota, romak, Bob11 and 3 others like this.
    Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

Fool thinks it will help their out of control gang activity.....outta take a look to Chicago Davie!
    Don't worry about the bullet with your name on it,
    Be afraid of the one saying "To Whom it May Concern"
    Lt. Joe Kenda

Quote Originally Posted by JSWellness View Post
    I just sent him this email.

"Mr. Marston - I just finished reading an email conversation you had with Joanna Johnson-Smith. I was quite surprised with the tone and language on your behalf. I especially took offense to the "unemployed gun nuts" and "barbarians" labels, among other names, that you pointed in my direction since I took part in the rally in Albany also. I am an employed, civil doctor who owns my own practice and I make my living helping people. I also happen to own firearms and believe in the constitution. It is sad that people can't have a discussion without resorting to verbal insults. I've heard the term, "the pen is mightier than the sword". You sir have one violent pen (keyboard).
    Dr. xxxx xxxxxx"
    Nice!

I'm curious if he responds to your email.

I wonder what Mayor Hallenbeck JR would think if he seen Mr. Marston's email to Joanna Johnson-Smith. He's just another fool with the idiotic thought process of our governor.

wow, i cant believe the venom he spewed... i sent him an email.

Dave,

I am writing you in response to your complete lack of regard for the position in which you sit, as it pertains to an email you sent to Joanna Johnson-Smith.

"Dear Joanna Johnson-Smith,

Its really neat that all you gun toting tea party psychotards are so interested in the goings on of our little City, even though I find it amazing that you don't have any other pressing issues before you in New Lebanon. On the other hand, I guess its not surprising, considering you ideologues aren't interested in actual policy, but rather grandstanding on mythical narratives of victimization.

Two things: The only spit here is the white stuff frothing on the ends of that rotten little mouth of yours from which you spew this hateful ignorant trash. And a donkeys behind? The rabid ignorance of the fringe is best illustrated by its sad metaphors, I mean seriously, thank you for the laughs.

By all means, come on down, we'll be happy to beat you barbarians back with the clubs of reason & responsibility, radical lunatics that you are. And say, a quick ProTip, since you're the "organizer" for unemployed guns nuts USA. Next time you think these unhinged rants will change the mind of anyone who has even a modicum of intelligence, you might instead just go back down into your basement & watch another episode of wheel-of-fortune. It'll certainly be just as effective. Remember: there are millions of Eagle Scout God Worshiping Patriots who find you & your radical ilk as disgraceful to American Democracy as the Brown Shirt jackboots you act like. I happen to be just one of them. Good Luck.

Best Regards,
    David Marston."

You should be ashamed of yourself.

-Thecelt
    SCOPENY-NRA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach!

Quote Originally Posted by rjmlakota View Post
    Nice!

I'm curious if he responds to your email.

I wonder what Mayor Hallenbeck JR would think if he seen Mr. Marston's email to Joanna Johnson-Smith. He's just another fool with the idiotic thought process of our governor.
    This was the response I received.

Indeed, the letter was a draft that was accidentally sent, I trust she forwarded you the apology email that went out immediately after the email in question was sent?

I trust you've seen the email this was in response to? Please understand that when addressing an elected official in City you do not live in with "you spit on the constitution" "aren't a real american" and "could give a donkeys ass about rights" before ever having even known whether I support the resolution, might just mean civility is not in order. But as I said, sending it was a mistake, for which I am sorry.

Best Regards,
    David Marston
    Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

What's his facebook?

Captain

See, he's sorry, so that makes it okay.

Yeah, he's sorry it got out....

He's actually sorry he didnt consider it would be seen by everyone before he hit send.

Major

Ide punch this dick in the mouth if i ever seen him face to face.What a POS.
    GUNSICK1 likes this.
    "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."

CoC= Phelon

This was the response I received.

Indeed, the letter was a draft that was accidentally sent, I trust she forwarded you the apology email that went out immediately after the email in question was sent?

I trust you've seen the email this was in response to? Please understand that when addressing an elected official in City you do not live in with "you spit on the constitution" "aren't a real american" and "could give a donkeys ass about rights" before ever having even known whether I support the resolution, might just mean civility is not in order. But as I said, sending it was a mistake, for which I am sorry.

Best Regards,
    David Marston

Therein lies your mistake JSW, since he is an elected official, you should have prefaced your letter with * Your excellency*. (sarc)
    RPD 46

HAHAHA, what a cop out.... oh sure, it was a draft, why would he draft such a letter to begin with. the only thing he is sorry about is that he got caught out there coming off like a lunatic.

was the response I received.

Best Regards,
    David Marston
    SCOPENY-NRA-SAF
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Corporal

This should perhaps get some wider circulation. What a fascinating exchange. You don't write crazy stuff in a "draft" as a joke; you're *thinking* crazy stuff while you're writing the draft. This guy really thinks we're a bunch of nuts, despite some very sane presentation to the contrary on the part of the people who wrote to him. I question his ability to do his job; his judgement seems incredibly flawed.

Then again, we paint "liberals" with a pretty broad brush too. I know plenty of folks who voted for Obama that are unhappy about the gun laws and are taking stands against them (and yes, it's largely their fault for electing these people, and yes, they know that). "Don't Be Like David Marston" could be a good catch-phrase.

Major

I've noticed a drastic increase in the use of apologies to try to escape the ramifications of their lack of thought before making statements.
    Some of the favorites:
    "... my statement was taken out of context .." = not really an apology - tries to turn the anger back on the person reporting it.
    "... I had a poor choice of words ..." = I thought there would be more public acceptance to my viewpoint - oops

For people who are working in a profession where public speaking, Law drafting, and daily correspondence are the norm, I would expect a certain level of professionalism at all times. These people are not radio commentators who can get away with a little "shock-jock" language. These people's every word and action are under constant scrutiny by not only those opposed to their viewpoint, but by those who would otherwise normally support them.

That such a draft was ever committed to data bits shows a serious lack of professionalism. to allow such a draft to EVER reach the public would make me question any security clearance this guy might have had or might ever try to get.
    that someone would send coarse language to him is to be expected. Not everyone can be eloquent.
    Yes, he is held to a higher standard, because that is part of the job! if he cannot do the job, vacate! and let someone capable step in.

getting some attention... this was posted in the laws and politics forum..

Upstate Democrat to Gun Supporters: You're All a Bunch of "Gun-Toting Tea Party Psychotards"
    SCOPENY-NRA-SAF

Anyone sent this to a national news outlet? I doubt it would make first page, but in the right hands (i.e., outside of this state), I'm sure would get some attention.

Who Dares, WIns

kmussack

Watch for proof of Godwin's Law:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by kmussack View Post
    Watch for proof of Godwin's Law:

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." In other words, Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussion—regardless of topic or scope—someone inevitably makes a comparison to Hitler or the Nazis.
    it already happened in the aldermans response pertaining to "the brown coats".
    SCOPENY-NRA-SAF

Someone should read his answer on the record at the next town meeting. This man should not hold any public office with his bigotry against anyone not in line with his left wing fanatic ideology. Not surprisingly Marston was the candidate of choice for the SEIU this past election.
    RPD 46

I can't believe he talks about intelligence while using the pinnacle of adjectives straight from Webster's: "psychotard"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast