Close

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Mjfritz07
  • 4 Post By Wildman1024
  • 2 Post By Boris
  • 1 Post By Spydermonkey

Thread: Magpul one-ups Armalite

Default Magpul one-ups Armalite

Please delete if this has already been posted.

Magpul one-ups Armalite: Fast lane for LEO purchasers – even in ban states | GunsSaveLife.com

"While nearly 100 companies have pledged to hold all purchasers of firearms and accessories to the standard of what’s available to everyday civilians, in what’s commonly known as the New York boycott, Armalite and now Magpul have taken an opposing stand. (See also The Police Loophole.)The good folks at Magpul have instead sided with Armalite against freedom and law-abiding American firearm owners – and what’s more, they’ve one-upped Armalite in their sales practices!
    According to their sales manager Justin Beard in a post at AR15.com, Justin Beard wrote:
    The answer is yes, our Distributors are allowed to sell to LEOs in ban states. Our founder has also said regarding LEO restrictions, “We have not considered such a move as we are not convinced that this tactic will have any effect on those in power (they will just buy Israeli or some other generic parts). It also adversely punishes street cops, local sheriffs and individual military members for the actions of those in power. The last thing we want to do is hurt those who support our cause.”
    So, we see that we can support Law Enforcement and Military members while standing up for our convictions and will continue to do everything in our power to protect our inherent rights.
    [Emphasis added.]
    Yes, indeed. The last thing they want to do is hurt those who support “our” cause.
    Apparently to Magpul, that means supporting those who will enforce unconstitutional restrictions on our Second Amendment rights

As we said, Magpul has one-upped Armalite and to add insult to injury, not only are they selling their products that are banned to civilian ownership to law-enforcement in those restrictive locales, they have established an express lane for law enforcement “professionals” to get their standard-capacity PMAGs right away… even law enforcement officers in restrictive locations such as New York which now ban sales of standard capacity magazines to civilians.
    These law enforcement “professionals” will use these PMAGs in the course of the job-related activities to arrest and prosecute gun owners who were law-abiding at the end of 2012 but no longer.
    Military and law-enforcement can order up to ten PMAGs in this “express lane”.
    From the Magpul website as reported by FN Forums.
    Thank you for contacting us. During this period of high demand, we at Magpul are taking steps to ensure that Military and Law Enforcement professionals that use our products in their job-related activities can still obtain the magazines they need for on-duty use. To meet this need, we have set up a process for Mil/LE purchase of up to ten PMAGs per account from our website.
    In order to participate in this program, go to: Magpul Industries Ecommerce.
    - Create your login account and click the “Register” button to submit.
    - Once you receive a Membership Confirmation e-mail from orders@magpul.com reply directly back to it (RE: ) along with your name and unit or agency affiliation. Please respond using an official .mil or agency e-mail address, or provide other official identification to verify Military or LE status.
    - If you already have a login account at Magpul.com, please just send an e-mail to orders@magpul.com with your name, unit or agency affiliation as outlined above, and the e-mail address you used to sign up for the account.
    It’s clear that Magpul believes in two classes of purchasers for their products.
    We sincerely wish them the best in selling to police and government agencies."

I guess they must be hurting for some cash since the Army and USMC banned their mags.
    Vergeltung and Funbuffalo like this.
    NRA Life of Duty
    NYSRPA
    GOA
    SCOPE
    North American Hunting Club

A Dark & Unsanitary Place, A.K.A. NY State

Too bad, they are in Colorado which is not too far behind NY. I thought they would get it.
    Clinging to Guns, Religion and other Extremist Rights Guaranteed by the Constitution.

BANNED

Magpul = FAIL.

Atleast we all know that when the anti leo's come knocking they will be using armalite rifles with pmags.

that sucks.... but the list of people behind us is still very strong!
    SCOPENY-NRA-NYSRPA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach!

That's unfortunate. Wasn't Magpul started by retired military?
    I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country

Deo et Patriæ

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Not for nothing but can you actually buy directly from magpul?
    They really have no way to control who distributors and retailers sell to.

they just changed their policy for people in colorado to buy direct from them, at a discounted rate, and with $5 flat rate shipping. so they are helping people in that sense which is great, but still disapointed in their latest position regarding gov. employees.
    SCOPENY-NRA-NYSRPA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach!

Sounds like it's LaRue Rat stocks on all my AR's in the future!

Thanks for nothing Magpul.
    WNYBuckhunter and Dieter122 like this.
    NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, SCOPE

They decided $$>what's right.... Guess who isn't buying mag pull products any time in the future? This guy, and I'm willing to bet many others.

Ill never put another Magpul product on anything again. F-em.

Private

That sucks, I really liked their products, but now....gonna start loooking at Troy Industries I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by RayKnobs View Post
    Not for nothing but can you actually buy directly from magpul?
    They really have no way to control who distributors and retailers sell to.
    You can, but all of their magazine products are "post-ban" and all over 10 rounds, so we've never been able to possess them here. That needs to change.
    If you've got them by the balls their hearts andminds will follow.

Sucks to hear that from magpul , you think they would stand with us seeing as colorado is heading down the same path . I wont be buying anything from them. I can get by without their products ( their stuffs ugly anyway )

I did buy their accessories, that is not going to happen in the future.
    Chief of Unicorn and Rainbows Division

Quote Originally Posted by Mjfritz07 View Post
    I guess they must be hurting for some cash since the Army and USMC banned their mags.
    My friend in the military was very disappointed when they banned them.

He found them to be extremely reliable and durable magazines. He and his entire unit were using them and not one of them ever had a problem.

In fact, they all bought the magpul magazines because they were having serious issues with the standard issue metal ones. Sometime, a simple drop of the magazine or someone stepping on it could render the magazine useless. The magpul magazines, on the other hand, could be ran over by a Humvee and still keep on rocking just fine.
    Last edited by Catfish787; 03-01-2013 at 03:57 AM.
    "Give me liberty or give me death, but whatever you do, stop changing my signature admin."

Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator Spydermonkey's Avatar

I have some Pmags on order through their LEO program. BTW, how many of you recently bought mags from LJCWholesale? Quite a few if I remember correctly. Who will send their mags back to LJC in protest if I say that they sent me 30rd mags that should be arriving today or tomorrow?

Is it fair? Nope
    Am I going to get them while the gettin's good? Yep
    Disregarding color of law, preventing free travel, and creating joinder with NYF members since 2010.

"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
    -George A. Romero

Quote Originally Posted by Spydermonkey View Post
    Is it fair? Nope
    Hey, isn't that what Cuomo said just before he signed the SAFE act?

Yeah....principles are overrated anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spydermonkey View Post
    I have some Pmags on order through their LEO program. BTW, how many of you recently bought mags from LJCWholesale? Quite a few if I remember correctly. Who will send their mags back to LJC in protest if I say that they sent me 30rd mags that should be arriving today or tomorrow?

Is it fair? Nope
    Make sure you put all 30 round in when you go around confiscating! You may need them....

I'm really disappointed to. They make great products. I don't care, they need to be on the right side or they deserve a boycott. I join those who say they will not buy any more magpul products until they reverse this policy.

Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator Spydermonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman1024 View Post
    Make sure you put all 30 round in when you go around confiscating! You may need them....
    And why would I go and do that? I don't think I've portrayed myself as a .gov storm trooper, especially since I'm an admin at Law Enforcement Against Gun Control. Again, I don't think it's fair either, but if it's available why shouldn't I take advantage of it while I still can? Send all your 10rd mags back to them that everyone recently bought with a letter telling them you dislike their business practices. I doubt many here will.
    jayk500 likes this.
    Disregarding color of law, preventing free travel, and creating joinder with NYF members since 2010.

"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
    -George A. Romero

Last edited by poncho; 03-02-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Last edited by NoName; 03-01-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    “I do believe that where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence I would advise violence” - Ghandi

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Mjfritz07 View Post

There was confusion initially about PMAGs because they had an NSN, but then TACOM said it wasn't one of their 2 approved tan(closely designed to mimic magpul's) or green follower 'official' mags in April of last year, The Army however rescinded that in June or July and allowed PMAGs to be purchased by individual units(unit funds) or by the individual soldier again. Air Force SecFor and Combat Rescue units also still use them. I dunno if Marines still have a ban in place or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman1024 View Post
    thats very uncalled for, SM is NOT a worthless pos that won't abide by his oath and the Constitution
    45 Kills your soul.

MOLON LABE!