Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Buds guns.com

Private

Default Buds guns.com

We all need to boycott buds guns.com they will not ship semi autos,knives,or ammo to New York. They also do not post this info on their website I have tried to order 3 different time each time I get an email canceling the order they are only about money and not our rights there is no legal reason for them not to ship to New York. They won't post the fact they won't ship because they know it will hurt their business tell everyone you can to buy local or from anyone but Buds.

Quote Originally Posted by Driggs View Post
    We all need to boycott buds guns.com they will not ship semi autos,knives,or ammo to New York. They also do not post this info on their website I have tried to order 3 different time each time I get an email canceling the order they are only about money and not our rights there is no legal reason for them not to ship to New York. They won't post the fact they won't ship because they know it will hurt their business tell everyone you can to buy local or from anyone but Buds.
    Are you talking about Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop ??? Because I purchased and recieved a semi-auto rifle from them via a FFL xfer at All Star Tactical just over a week ago. I didn't have any issues whatsoever with my transaction either. From initial purchase to receiving my rifle was about two weeks.
    NRA Life Member

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Timelord View Post
    Are you talking about Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop ??? Because I purchased and recieved a semi-auto rifle from them via a FFL xfer at All Star Tactical just over a week ago. I didn't have any issues whatsoever with my transaction either. From initial purchase to receiving my rifle was about two weeks.
    You must have squeaked through there cancellation filter. I tried ordering a semi-auto pistol on 1/19/13 and my order was cancelled. To OP, the shipping restrictions are on their website, however they are buried. Click the "Information - Shipping & Returns" in the left column of the page or here Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop.

Seem they still ship to Upstate NY BUDSGUNSHOP.COM RESTRICTED STATE SALES
    POLICIES

California - No Hi-Cap Mags without a Hi-Cap Mag Permit.

No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No M-16 Bolts. No AR upper receivers.
    We do
    not ship any AR lowers or any AR that is not assembled from the factory as a CA
    compliant firearm
    We do not ship any AK type rifles that are not assembled
    as CA compliant.

Los Angeles, Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No
    Ammo without a FFL.
    Connecticut - No Semi-Auto
    Rifles.
    Hawaii - No Pistol Mags over 10rds.

Illinois - No Ammo without a FFL or FOID.
    Maryland No semi-auto rifles or handguns with a capacity
    larger than 20 rounds.
    New handguns must come with a fired shell casing
    unless dealer can provide at the time of transfer.
    Please check with your
    local dealer to find out if they have the capability to provide fired shell
    casings as required by the MD State Police.
    Massachusetts - No Handguns. No Hi Capacity Mags.
    No
    Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No Ammo.
    New Jersey - No Hi-Cap Mags over 15rds without a FFL.

New York State Firearms legal to upper NY STATE. No
    Shipping to NYC
    Washington DC - No Hi-Cap Mags. No
    Ammo.
    Washington State - No M-16 Bolts.
    NY CCW unrestricted
    Keep your powder dry and warm Thru the coming darkest storms
    NRA Life Member
    “Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading,” — Thomas Jefferson

Private

It also says that they don't ship assault rifles, semi-auto handguns, or ammunition to NY state.

I understand the frustration of the OP, but I don't blame Buds for not wanting to deal with our screwy state laws.

I don't blame them for not wanting to figure out what is legal and not legal now.
    Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm

Corporal

I know an respectable fll dealer that doesn't like to do business with them.

"AS OF JAN 1, 2012 WE WILL BE INCREASING OUR PRICE FOR TRANSFERS. ANYONE THAT IS SEEKING A TRANSFER FROM BUDS GUN SHOP WE WILL BE INCREASING OUR PRICE TO $65.00/ FIREARM.TRANSFERS TO CALIFORNIA WILL BE $30.00 IN ADDITION TO THE REGULAR $35.00 TOTAL $65.00. ALL OTHER TRANSFERS WILL REMAIN THE SAME AT $35.00/ FIREARM"

So I don't go through Bud's.
    99redgtp likes this.

They relaxed it a bit. A few weeks ago they weren't shipping semi autos of any kind to NY. They should be told ammo back ground check requirement is ten months away yet. Not selling pistols with a seven round capacity sucks and they still could sell ten rounders for another few weeks but they won't.
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Driggs View Post
    DO NOT order from the web page if you are in NY. Call and wait for a live person to assist and take your order. I however said pis_ on them when they canceled my lay a way of a Bersa 380 when the Safe Act was shoved up our as_. Said it was a 8 rd mag and was therefor illegal in NY ....I tried to tell them ....not yet but by the time I got my point across they were out of the 380 cc model I ordered. So I called back and got them to cancel it and lay a way a reg 380. Got and e mail back saying the were out of them now too.

Well I planned on making another purchase from Buds, and I just checked their website a couple of hours ago and saw that they had the Mosin-Nagant's M91/30 7.62X54R in stock again. So I ordered one so I'll have both a piece of history and an economical rifle to shoot with surplus ammo at $0.19/round.

- I ordered a Henry 22 Survival Rifle that comes with 8 Round Mags on 02/13, and received it at All Star Tactical on 02/22. No issues to report.

- Today (03/08) I ordered the Mosin-Nagant, and have already received the shipping confirmation. This one also ordered with no issues to report.

So I'm not sure why others are having issues getting them to ship to NY... unless Buds are hand picking certain things to ship or not ship to NY.
    NRA Life Member

Qoute ..Lord Timelord .....So I'm not sure why others are having issues getting them to ship to NY... unless Buds are hand picking certain things to ship or not ship to NY. Quote

You may have something there Dr Whom !!!

Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator Spydermonkey's Avatar

Interesting first post...............
    GUNSICK1 likes this.
    Disregarding color of law, preventing free travel, and creating joinder with NYF members since 2010.

"I've always felt that the real horror is next door to us, that the scariest monsters are our neighbors."
    -George A. Romero

Corporal

I agree with Spydermonkey - interesting first post. Let's all rally behind the new guy that nobody knows who had a bad experience.

How do you boycott a company that won't ship things to you anyway? It's like an 18 year old trying to boycott a liquor store. He can still go in there to buy the little things like corkscrews and shot glasses which he could get anywhere, but the things he really wants they won't sell to him. Same difference.
    BryBear likes this.

Thanks for the heads up, I won't waste my time on their site then.

They refunded my money on an 8rnd 1911 and i dont blame them one bit.. If you owned the business im sure you would see ny as an unneccesary risk too..it all comes back to we voted for these a$$holes ruining our state.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhndog View Post
    ..it all comes back to we voted for these a$$holes ruining our state.
    Speak for yourself....I didn't
    smokedtires and 1911guy like this.

NRA (Life)NYSRPAS.C.O.P.E.GOA NYS Sportsman Ed Instructor

——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶

BANNED

Buds was a waste of time even before the BS laws we have now. No one should ever do business with them as they are on the cheaper than dirt level!!!!

Instead of filling backorders on guns for people who have paid and are patiently waiting. When they get something in that there is a demand for they screw everyone and auction it off on the site to the highest bidder instead of filling those backorders. Scum move of the year right there.
    smokedtires and BryBear like this.

They sent me this ad...and i told them to F--- off. They are only concerned about making a buck, not about my rights. Don't try to sell me something that you make a profit on, and then tell me it's for my own good, and you are doing me a favor. If i wanted to donate to good organizations fighting for my rights, i'll send them a check (and have). I won't let you profit on the fear. Note they are donating 20% of PROFIT... not 20% of sales... looser.

Dear XXXX,

Are you concerned about your gun rights and
    the current attacks against the Second Amendment? We share your concern and are
    now offering a unique way for you to take a stand and donate to the NRA and the GOA. Both of these organizations are in Washington
    doing what they can to preserve gun rights. Convincing lawmakers to do the right
    thing is not cheap ! We want to help. For the next week (3/8 - 3/15), Bud will
    donate an additional 20% of the profits for all Silver 2012 Second Amendment
    Dollar’s purchased.

I got a bunch of stuff form them last week. Ordered online (as I have the last 10 times) and everything showed up as was expected.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

Driggs- what exactly did you order?

Private

The first time was a reserve order Springfield .357 sig the second was small stuff that included a knife the knife being the problem the 3rd was ammo. Sorry my first post is about this.
    Last edited by Driggs; 03-09-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by 1969iggy View Post
    They sent me this ad...and i told them to F--- off. They are only concerned about making a buck, not about my rights. Don't try to sell me something that you make a profit on, and then tell me it's for my own good, and you are doing me a favor. If i wanted to donate to good organizations fighting for my rights, i'll send them a check (and have). I won't let you profit on the fear. Note they are donating 20% of PROFIT... not 20% of sales... looser.

Dear XXXX,

Are you concerned about your gun rights and
    the current attacks against the Second Amendment? We share your concern and are
    now offering a unique way for you to take a stand and donate to the NRA and the GOA. Both of these organizations are in Washington
    doing what they can to preserve gun rights. Convincing lawmakers to do the right
    thing is not cheap ! We want to help. For the next week (3/8 - 3/15), Bud will
    donate an additional 20% of the profits for all Silver 2012 Second Amendment
    Dollar’s purchased.
    I got that e mail too. they wanted $26 for a half oz coin when spot price for 1 oz was 28 .Gee thanks for the bargin. Talk about takeing advantage of peoples patriotism. I notified them to take me off thier email llist.

Only dealt with them a few years ago once. Not a great experience. ordered a drop in 10/22 target barrel. It showed up quick but the package was ripped and the crown was all smashed and chipped. It kind of was a PITA to get it exchanged and took a while. Kept saying it was new in the package and couldn't be their fault. Havent dealt with them since.
    NRA Life of Duty
    NYSRPA
    GOA
    SCOPE
    North American Hunting Club

Quote Originally Posted by cs-13 View Post
    I know an respectable fll dealer that doesn't like to do business with them.

"AS OF JAN 1, 2012 WE WILL BE INCREASING OUR PRICE FOR TRANSFERS. ANYONE THAT IS SEEKING A TRANSFER FROM BUDS GUN SHOP WE WILL BE INCREASING OUR PRICE TO $65.00/ FIREARM.TRANSFERS TO CALIFORNIA WILL BE $30.00 IN ADDITION TO THE REGULAR $35.00 TOTAL $65.00. ALL OTHER TRANSFERS WILL REMAIN THE SAME AT $35.00/ FIREARM"

So I don't go through Bud's.
    I wouldn't do bizz with a FFL that charges $65.00 for a transfer.....For ANY reason.....They reserve the right to charge whatever they want for a transfer but that is a rip-off....!! Unless they are a hole in the wall,then I can see trying to pay off the 3 year $3,000 FFL fee in what,46.15 transfers at that $65.00 a pop.....WHAT ???

"There's a time to live,a time to die,a time to meet your maker...But isn't it strange as soon as your born,your dying" Bruce Dickinson ~IM~

How old is the phrase "Buyer beware".... just sayin'....

Did I miss someone got ripped off somewhere?
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." - Thomas Jefferson -
    Oath Keeper, NRA, GOA, NYSRPA
    "You are with our Constitution, or you are with the Terrorists!" - defilade

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast