Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Stag arms to make compliant ar15

Default Stag arms to make compliant ar15

While i think it sucks to have to conform at least stag will do what it can to keep us armed. It may not matter after the injunction, but worth reading anyway.

Yankee Ingenuity Meets A Ban: Effort To Redesign AR-15 Underway | Dan Haar
    ranger1033 and Hardrada like this.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace;"

All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Good, they should make an AR-FU rifle that meets NY/CT standards.
    pontiacmrc1, Walt, Stumpy and 5 others like this.

IDF

STAG needs to just go to Hell. if they stay in CT i hope they go out of business and end up on the street
    MDFalco and Maakjar like this.

IDF

a compliant rifle? we complied last time. a compliant rifle until someone uses that kind to kill people. then that one won't be compliant anymore and then they'll have to come up with something else. Mark can take his new compliant rifle and shove it up his a**. i'll be a felon before i buy his crap and follow his a** kissing lead
    ajrocket, tommyp, MDFalco and 3 others like this.

Sergeant

So, their version of a ruger ranch rifle? Big deal.
    jmac00 and MDFalco like this.

Quote Originally Posted by IDF View Post
    a compliant rifle? we complied last time. a compliant rifle until someone uses that kind to kill people. then that one won't be compliant anymore and then they'll have to come up with something else. Mark can take his new compliant rifle and shove it up his a**. i'll be a felon before i buy his crap and follow his a** kissing lead

This!

Well said, IDF. This makes me ashamed of my Stag lower.

Corporal

Bullet button won't work here or in Connecticut? Simple fix and easy to get by if neccesary. Don't like it but as people stuck behind enemy lines with us can still arm themselves.
    Walt likes this.

I don't think this is a bad idea at all...because then when the law in NY/CT are ruled unconstitutional, it's just one more product Stag can offer....
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I'd at least like to see it. Especially if its still upper/lower assembly. Not just another plain rifle like mentioned above.

No more abominations. Please!!!!

fight the law. Then fight more. And then... Fight more

They are moving out of ct, but i think its good that they are going to make a compliant rifle. I look at it as an act of defiance myself. The politicians want to get rid of the ar15, and stag wont let that happen. When it was announced that the governor was going to sign the bill to law, stag flooded the market with ars so lgs would not run out of supply. Stag has been solid for us. Its up to the people of ct to fight their laws like we are!
    BIG flash, jsado and Runner99 like this.

All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

Corporal

They are only making a compliant rifle to stick it to ny and ct good move by stag
    thecelt, graptor and redtail55 like this.

No thanks Stag, or anyone else for that matter. I am not buying this monstrosity Normal AR15 or bust.
    Cuomostein likes this.
    NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, SCOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    No thanks Stag, or anyone else for that matter. I am not buying this monstrosity Normal AR15 or bust.
    That is my stance. AR or no AR, that is the question. The answer is AR.

I cant stand these laws as much as anyone, and ive been fighting them to the best of my ability. I dont see me ever buying one of these nuetered ar's, but i commend stag for saying FU to the politicians and they will find a "loophole" to keep ars in the hands of citizens.

Not to say I would buy one but it will be interesting to see what the compliant AR 15 will look like once they start building them,they probally have the Hammerhead on them.

Private

I dont see how making a compliant rifle makes them look weak. One, they will show these lawmakers that the new bans do not matter. Two, they arent doing this for sales, they are doing it for the oppressed citizens of these states. Stag Arms makes plenty of money. And who's to say they still can't fight and give the people something.

I only purchased guns recenty, so I can't even get an AR now no matter how much I want one. Im looking forward to this NY/CT compliant rifle, because I'll be first on line to pick one up.
    graptor likes this.

Corporal

bi3wk9.jpg

"Herring Sporting Rifle" from AR-15.com thread

Click the picture for full size pic

Quote Originally Posted by whitevirtue View Post
    bi3wk9.jpg

That is the best looking "compliant" configuration I have seen so far. IMO.
    Get off your lazy ass and Vote next time! Astorino 2018.

Corporal

I like it too. I think if Stag made a mass produced version of it, it would probably look more polished.

I really like that, not that id prefer that to a standard config, but i really like it. I am partial to conventional stocks though. I love the mini14ranch rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by whitevirtue View Post
    bi3wk9.jpg

Would that still be illegal because of the muzzle brake on here in NY,thought they had to be completely featureless so we would not have to register it?
    graptor likes this.

The problem with this, our politicians will see it and alter/tweek the laws just a bit more. We need these manufactures to put their products and passion above profits. Put up monies and fight these scumbag bastards. Fight them in court. Fight them with everything that they have, it was the gunners who put profits in their accounts, now is the time to band together and fight back. Now is the time to give some of those profits back to the ones who are important. If they do not fight now, it will end up being to late.
    You have the rest of your life to get this right; How long that is, is directly up to you!

Train like you Fight; Fight like you Train.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1033 View Post
    Would that still be illegal because of the muzzle brake on here in NY,thought they had to be completely featureless so we would not have to register it?
    Your right, it would have to have a crowned muzzle in order not to be a NY banned rifle.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by goperfect View Post
    The problem with this, our politicians will see it and alter/tweek the laws just a bit more. We need these manufactures to put their products and passion above profits. Put up monies and fight these scumbag bastards. Fight them in court. Fight them with everything that they have, it was the gunners who put profits in their accounts, now is the time to band together and fight back. Now is the time to give some of those profits back to the ones who are important. If they do not fight now, it will end up being to late.
    I agree. This law needs to go and the politicians with it. Not suggesting that this design should be the alternative to doing so. It illustrates their stupidity in drafting such a law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast