Stag Arms New "CT Compliant" Rifle
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Stag Arms New "CT Compliant" Rifle

Default Stag Arms New "CT Compliant" Rifle

Stag Arms Owner Unveils Modified Rifles That May Be Legal In CT | Dan Haar

So I started reading this being curious about Stag's new "innovation". Apparently they "innovated" a .22LR? Maybe a pinned stock?

I'm not familiar with CT laws but thisnt very innovative.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

Who cares? It's a .22, you going to use that for stand off defense? You can barely take out small varmints with it at close ranger. This is not a self-defense rifle and not an AR.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NYSRPA

Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

I just remember hearing that they were going to do a "re design" a while back. This is not a "re design". Its a 15-22 with a different handguard. Purpose aside I can't help but think this is about squeezing a few more bucks out of his market.

New Yorkistan: where freedom is a foreign word

it's barely a squirrel rifle.....whatawaste
    The Lion and Tiger maybe more powerful

But the Wolf does NOT perform in the circus

It looks scary. That's all that counts, right? Sad thing is that it would STILL be illegal here under the Safe Act.

Still will not purchase a gun made in an Anti-Gun state.
    “A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Apparently there's a rimfire exemption in CT?

R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016 PY-Tactical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Camper4lyfe View Post
    Apparently there's a rimfire exemption in CT?
    The article also said that an AR based .308 would be legal? What did CT do just ban .223s?

I was really hoping for a radical redesign of a lower not just reinvent an AR22.
    1969iggy and Bob11 like this.
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by PY-Tactical View Post
    The article also said that an AR based .308 would be legal? What did CT do just ban .223s?

I was really hoping for a radical redesign of a lower not just reinvent an AR22.
    It would have been nice if the article had elaborated a bit and explained how this got around the law.
    Bob11 likes this.

What's the F'n point of this rifle?

"With about one-third the firing velocity and a much smaller overall size, the .22 bullets are far less lethal than the .223 rounds, which are similar to the bullets widely used by soldiers."

I'm at a loss for words.....

Less velocity, less lethal???????

I'm sorry.....Is this some kind of sick F'n joke?
    Suby, Sthomas, Bob11 and 1 others like this.
    NRA Member
    NAGR Member
    NYSRPA Member

Same here, not that I agree with compromising for compliance but it at least seemed interesting. This was not at all what I expected.

Sergeant

"With about one-third the firing velocity and a much smaller overall size, the .22 bullets are far less lethal than the .223 rounds, which are similar to the bullets widely used by soldiers."
    I think the Virginia Tech students would be to differ.
    Suby likes this.

If they can still buy uppers in CT and stag marketed this as a 22 and the lower was just a standard ar lower...well yeah..
    Holdover likes this.

What the ****? Me thinks Smith and Wesson has a AR looking .22lr. And theirs CAN NOT be converted to .223. And costs about $450. And can accept all the dodads and dohickeys that real ARs do... so WHAT THE ****?

Where is something that spits in the face of Cuomo? That's what i want to see made.

Major

Doe arms Inc.
    jmac00 and MDFalco like this.

Well, that was disappointing. I was expecting an ugly perversion...it's still a perversion, just not ugly.
    I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country

Deo et Patrić

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

I don't like all this caving, and I'm a big fan of Stag. No caving! No making of compliant rifles IMHO. No concessions, there is absolutely no valid reason they can ban any semi-automatic rifle and making complaint rifles weakens our cause. Bad idea.
    jmac00, Dieter122 and MDFalco like this.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NYSRPA

Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

i disagree with the statement in the article about .22 being "less lethal " than a .223, any round is capable of being lethal. don't believe that just ask Robert Kennedy. It's also a known fact that .22 can penetrate a typical kevlar bulletproof vest
    Sthomas likes this.

BANNED

The 22LR is a great cartrige. Nobody wants to be shot even with that one. Multiple head-shots are as easy as watching TV.
    Why then an AR then? the 10/22 is a super reliable, easy and cheap to maintain platform that can be converted
    into anything you want.
    But the real issue here is the arbitrary nature of these gun laws. The ones who make them have no clue about the facts,
    what is best for the population and the laws do nothing to keep the public safer, they do quite the opposite.
    Stag need to get the hell out of there.
    thegatman likes this.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshooter1 View Post
    Who cares? It's a .22, you going to use that for stand off defense? You can barely take out small varmints with it at close ranger. This is not a self-defense rifle and not an AR.
    The .22 is not a toy. It's a very serious and lethal rifle. I'm sorry but if I got hit 2-3 times with a .22 I would be out of the fight and retreating.

How far will a .22 LR Kill? - YouTube
    Suby and NorthernRedneck like this.

Corporal

No. If you read it carefully, it was referring to semi-auto .308s that DO NOT have a pistol grip.

General

Im make no case that the .22 is not lethal. Especially headshots . but believe it or not, Lethality is not the main issue in a gun fight. The main issue is incapacitaion . ie: guy fireing back at you. People dont fall down and die like TV they can live hours with a fatal wound . I dont care if the guy dies, I care if the guy dies now. or at least is out of the fight. Even with a fatal heart shot , bad guys and good guys have returned fire for up to a minute. Thats way to long to my taste. then theres the question of cover penatration. the .22 @ 100 yards probably wont go through a car. So theres limitations people need to consider . If ya had to , you can make it work . but its not my first choice.

I remember reading about the snipers in Sareavo . they were'nt snipers by our standards , but they were putting a hurting on the troops with silenced 22 headshots and motor bikes .So they proved they could be used to defend themselves .Im not knocking it, Im just sayin to be aware of its limitations
    jmac00 likes this.

General

Im not sure , maybe Im missing the point , it appears those rifles might be easily modified with legal parts to make a 223. Im thinkin new uppers ,

I dont know that for sure without seeing it , Im just speculating . So it might not be all that bad.

R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016 PY-Tactical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holdover View Post
    Im not sure , maybe Im missing the point , it appears those rifles might be easily modified with legal parts to make a 223. Im thinkin new uppers ,

I dont know that for sure without seeing it , Im just speculating . So it might not be all that bad.
    I've read today that Stag did something like move the pivot or takedown pin location so a .223 upper cannot be fitted to the lower.
    Still $950 for a .22 rimfire when M&P 15-22s remain as legal there for hundreds less is not going to result in many sales.
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by 1969iggy View Post
    What the ****? Me thinks Smith and Wesson has a AR looking .22lr. And theirs CAN NOT be converted to .223. And costs about $450. And can accept all the dodads and dohickeys that real ARs do... so WHAT THE ****?

Where is something that spits in the face of Cuomo? That's what i want to see made.
    Its my favorite .22, love that thing(SWMNP15 that is).

But I like the fact the guy wants to make something people in his state who have supported him for 10 years, can buy. Thats good business right there.
    forever banned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast