Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: Lynns Leisure Tyme Gun Shop

Private

Default Lynns Leisure Tyme Gun Shop

OK, maybe not the right place for this, guess I'm more looking for news than posting it... just heard from a friend that Lynns gun shop in Davenport NY has been shut down by the authorities. Scuttlebutt says a competitor turned them in for some unmentioned infraction, but cannot dig up any info relating to it. I don't get the local paper so I miss a lot of local news. Anybody here know anything??
    lablover likes this.

Captain

Haven't heard anything. A guy from work was just there last week. I hope it's just a rumor; I really like those folks.

They have always been straight shooters and done right by me. I hope the rumor is false. Their local competitor is not a nice guy/shop and I can imagine them trying to start something.

Lynn's is a great shop.

That's a good shop and they are nice people. I hope things get straightened out for them.
    lablover likes this.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour."
    ---George Washington (Address to 1st session of Congress)

That would suck- they are great people to deal with and they turn up some great guns. It is the type of shop you need to visit every 3 weeks or so. Who would turn them in? Losie?
    Dieter122, mythstorm and lablover like this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Faugh A Ballagh!

I was just there and bought some things last week.

This is true, I work with a guy who lives in Davenport and actually saw the Feds there Thursday carrying out arm loads of guns. I have been unable to find any information as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by baco777 View Post
    This is true, I work with a guy who lives in Davenport and actually saw the Feds there Thursday carrying out arm loads of guns. I have been unable to find any information as to why.
    Unbelievable... I was thinking something to do with Safe Act but if its the ATF then who knows.......

ETA: These guys did all my transfers always called for background checks always checked the legality of the firearm and always triple checked the paperwork.

John Stark and lablover like this.

Sergeant

Damn, they are good people, reasonable prices, I wasn't too big on the smoking in the shop, but hey I'm not paying the bills. I hope it all gets straightened out and hope to use them on some transfers sometime soon.

Private

I don't know any reason for them to get turned into the feds, all I have is rumor, zero on the facts. I heard someone had been selling privately owned firearms at (but not inside) the shop. Not sure if that would have something to do with it. Isn't there something in the unsafe act about having to do background checks on private sales? I gotta look into that, as I don't remember for sure. I always go through Sportsman Adventures when I do gunbroker transactions (well, 2 so far), as Losie won't do them and Decker was always willing and helpful with them, and is closer than Lyns. Also, I thought they were a tad on the high side for used guns at Lyns....

Great gun shop, even nicer people, hope it all works out.
    lablover likes this.
    No Tupperware allowed in my safe.

Corporal

Most unfortunate.I had some transfers done there and all was legit.I would never go down the road to the competitors.
    lablover likes this.
    SAFE = S-Stealing,A-Americans,F-Firearms,E-Effectively
    Liberalism defined:At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child-Miserable as all spoiled children are,unsatisfied,demanding,ill disciplined,despotic,and useless.
    FUAC

It starts.
    John Stark likes this.

Major

Sounds like an old lady shop, figures the Feds would start there.

I happen to know the family of the gun shop. I am only posting to get rid of some rumors, but i won't give out any personnel information. The owner of the shop has a relative who is also a felon. They were warned that he was not to be on the premises of the gun shop before, however he continued to frequent the gun shop. The Feds had an undercover there when the felon was also there, resulting in the raid. This is all i can say. It is too bad to see a local business get shutdown.
    Dilligirl likes this.

That sucks. I was in there a couple times, and picked up a rifle from them. It was always a place I wanted to stop back into and check out to see what else they had. I hadn't been back only because they are a bit of a drive for me.

KISS MY ASSAULT STICK, ANDY-BOY!

NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, and SCOPE Member

Major

Quote Originally Posted by FinalWinchester View Post
    I happen to know the family of the gun shop. I am only posting to get rid of some rumors, but i won't give out any personnel information. The owner of the shop has a relative who is also a felon. They were warned that he was not to be on the premises of the gun shop before, however he continued to frequent the gun shop. The Feds had an undercover there when the felon was also there, resulting in the raid. This is all i can say. It is too bad to see a local business get shutdown.

Why would it matter if a felon was in a gun shop? Only if you sold something to the felon knowing he was a convicted felon right... ?

I mean a place like gander mountain probably has felon's at any given point of the day inside there buying shoes, or a fishing pole... they don't get shut down.

Sound's like someone just wanted to cause them a bit of drama.

I am pretty sure it is not illegal for a felon to be in a gun shop.

I know that place pretty well .... the shop is/was in a building that looks to also be or house a residence or maybe apartments .... I don't know the law or exact circumstances but maybe if the felon was living there .... not just being there ... but yeh him just being there doesn't seem like enough of a reason for a shut down.
    Cogito, Ergo Armatum Sum

Now I have to tag this soap opera.
    demerson likes this.
    Rob / Doc
    Master Chief
    HMCM(AW/FMF)
    DROWING article worth reading http://www.stripersonline.com/t/8362...ning-must-read

Major

There must be more. Did they give him a job in the store?

Major

Is this the place right on Rt 23 next to the Quickway,or what ever that little store is? I have been by it a million times during work but never got a chance to stop. And who is there closest competitor ? I only know of the 2 places in Oneonta ?
    ladder13 likes this.
    "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."

CoC= Phelon

Corporal

He probably placed his hands on something he shouldn't have
    "Enhance yor calm " Dr. Raymond Cocteau Demolition Man

Silver Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by rboss32 View Post
    Why would it matter if a felon was in a gun shop? Only if you sold something to the felon knowing he was a convicted felon right... ?

I mean a place like gander mountain probably has felon's at any given point of the day inside there buying shoes, or a fishing pole... they don't get shut down.

Sound's like someone just wanted to cause them a bit of drama.
    It matters

1. Depending on which side of the counter that felon is, or has access to. If he stays on the public side, no harm, no foul. If he has even momentary access to the non-public side, big game changer. The operators of the gun store always have the unfettered right to "trespass" someone who has not business in their place of business (and can even refuse to conduct business with anyone, except for the usual race, religious and sex reasons).

2. Because the government - the same one who allows sales of (baby killer) rifles to gang affiliations in Mexico says so.

My comments are not a result of any knowledge at what has or is transpiring at this place.
    eagleridge357 likes this.

If they didn't sell him a gun there is no reason the felon can't be in there other than a power trip by the gov agents.
    jim
    Dieter122 and John Stark like this.
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    John Wayne in "Shootest"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast