Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Rob Astorino..... Says Repeal the Safe Act !!!!!!

Corporal

Its hard to know where he really stands on the 2nd. He will say whatever it takes to get votes.
    Darthgamer138 likes this.

Its ABC guys.... anyone but cumo!

And ill be sending money to his campaign and ill volunteer time too.
    timboy, GUNSICK1, kinney and 1 others like this.
    SCOPENY-NRA-NYSRPA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach!

The Place with the highest property tax in the country

Rob seems to be going after the right thing........mental health. Mass shooting are not about gun violence, it's about mental health. The UNsafe Act actually PREVENTS people from seeking help. THIS MUST STOP, now.

For the last 50 years this country has been using the penal system to control people with mental health issues. Mental health is a disease that needs attention like any other health issue. For some reason Mentally challenged or disturbed individuals have been demonized, possibly because it's very hard to diagnose and treat the brain. But its the number one problem of mass shooters (and prescribed drugs)

Rob is going after the very thing the anti-gun people fear the most (actually I do to) Trying to identify mentally disturbed young people AND HELPING THEM, not locking them away and throwing the key away. (although schizoid paranoia should probably locked up)

The man has my vote.
    kinney likes this.

The Last four letters

American
    = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by timmyp View Post
    "I would repeal the Safe Act." That's what I wanted to hear. He's got my vote, and I'm gonna hold him to it. Like dwa said, I want to know more about this "Safer Communities Act" too.
    I have yet to here from him Timmyp....but glad you are convinced.
    timmyp likes this.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

Quote Originally Posted by Cureforcancer View Post
    I have yet to here from him Timmyp....but glad you are convinced.
    Well, he said it in that YouTube video. I needed to hear somebody say it. I just hope he understands that We the People will hold him accountable to that promise. I swear it.
    kinney and Cureforcancer like this.
    "We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by timmyp View Post
    Well, he said it in that YouTube video. I needed to hear somebody say it. I just hope he understands that We the People will hold him accountable to that promise. I swear it.
    Agreed.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

Last edited by timmyp; 02-23-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    Ken05 likes this.
    "We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Colonel

I'm in I will give him 50 with more to follow as I think he gets it !plus the anti - everything group will have a hard time refuting what he says , with mental health , jobs , plus fracking . The state needs the money and we need the jobs . Just think we can pull this off and then we get rid of a bunch of knot heads We could actually become a state again instead of a cesspool ! Wowee that felt good !
    kinney likes this.

I'm a Westchester resident and I've always liked Astorino. But I'll sit back and wait on the whole safe act issue, I don't have much confidence in government in this present time so I'll vote for him see what happens. Anybody but Cuomo.
    Baby Kaboomer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chris22 View Post
    Too bad he can't compete on the same playing field as Cuomo. $300,000 vs $30,000,000, sadly he just doesn't have the funds to win.
    He needs to back Trump! Maybe he should run for Lt. Gov. But he's a politcian and only cares about himself
    eyes likes this.
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel rat View Post
    He needs to back Trump! Maybe he should run for Lt. Gov. But he's a politcian and only cares about himself
    You think Trump cares about us?
    Cureforcancer likes this.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by chris22 View Post
    Too bad he can't compete on the same playing field as Cuomo. $300,000 vs $30,000,000, sadly he just doesn't have the funds to win.
    So your going to give up and stay home? All the money in the world won't prop up a losing message against solid principles. That Colorado recall election was outspent 5x and the 2Aers still took down the majority leader. Even so, I think Rob will attract enough money.

Rob is not a RINO. I have posted on this several times. Click my alias and read my posts. Rob has spent most of his first term engaged in hand to hand combat with Obama's HUD Dept to keep the feds and their social justice plans out of Westchester. It has been a thankless task for which Rob has been beaten up by the liberal media, but he has been unwavering. Educate yourself before you go making uninformed claims.

Finally, the governor's race is not about money, it is about voter turnout. It is simply 12 million downstate vs. 8 million upstate. We simply need a big win upstate via turnout and to pick off 15-25% of Cuomo's core base downstate and we win. Cuomo's money is out of state money and it can't convince people that NY is doing well. Cuomo is running as fast as he can away from DeBlasio to appear more moderate. This will alienate the hard left in NYC and many of them will stay home, so battle will be among "normal" New Yorkers. That is a fight we can win.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by tyranid View Post
    Its hard to know where he really stands on the 2nd. He will say whatever it takes to get votes.
    With respect...bull****. I raised money for Rob in both Westchester Co. elections. He is the real deal, no RINO. Read all my posts by clicking on my alias. He won't say anything, he says what he believes.
    Cureforcancer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tyranid View Post
    He will say whatever it takes to get votes.
    Yeah, I'm so glad Cuomo would never do that.

Quote Originally Posted by goNYG View Post
    With respect...bull****. I raised money for Rob in both Westchester Co. elections. He is the real deal, no RINO. Read all my posts by clicking on my alias. He won't say anything, he says what he believes.
    Let's make this easy:

He supports UBCs per his press secretary.

So is he a liar, or not pro 2A?

Which lie is it?
    ​Proud NRA LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution.

Open Water Diver. Dives- ​39. Any Dive Buddies out there? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by samcolt87 View Post
    Hopefully some kind of major scandal will break on Cuomo's behalf between now and then. We all know he has poor moral character, I wouldn't be surprised if he was corrupt beyond oh, you know, engaging in tyranny and stealing rights.
    I'll kick in some cash for a few hookers and a couple kilos of coke to stash in his next hotel room.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell -

Even without the SAFE Act issue he sounds like a good candidate. I will donate money in the form of a personal check to his run for governor and will include a note every time I do that reminds him of his pledge to revoke the safe act. It's not that I don't trust him at his word, but he has to get a nod from the RINO's that run the republican party in New York and I don't believe they care a whit about, and many are probably for the safe act. So with that nod, is there a wink, and talk that you and I will NEVER be privy to as a Quid Pro Quo, in his dealings with the safe act once he is governor. I want much, MUCH more than lip service, I want action and vigorous action at that!!!! I hate to be cynical about his sincerity, but this state has been run from the back room for a long time and I want REAL change, not more smoke and mirrors! In my over forty years as a home owner in this state I have never posted a political sign on my property. When I get my Astorino yard sign, it will go next to my repeal sign. FUAC!!!!
    Robin

Quote Originally Posted by GUNSICK1 View Post
    You think Trump cares about us?
    NO, I don't think he does, in a political sense. I think he likes the IDEA of being a Governor, but I do not believe he would like to live the constricted life that he would have to strap on in order to fulfill the obligations required for that job.
    Robin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12