New York Firearms Forum banner

The racial divide in America’s gun deaths

1K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  BerettaGuy 
#1 ·
Black Americans are more than twice as likely to die from gun violence than whites, according to a new study that surveyed more than a decades' worth of data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Between 2000 and 2010, the death rate due to firearm-related injuries was more than 18.5 per 100,000 among blacks, but only nine per 100,000 among whites. For Hispanics, it was just over seven per 100,000, and for all other races it was just below 3.5 per 100,000.

The racial divide in America's gun deaths - The Washington Post

#2 ·
Okay, okay, as a white guy just trying to wend my way from birth to death, I'll accept, as usual, full responsibility for this and every other perceived problem that has ever befallen mankind since the dawn of time, and try to do better. FUBO, FUAC, and FU all you liberal social scientists that have robbed American's, whatever their ethnic, racial, or planetary origin, of their birth right.
Robin Fedup

#3 ·
I would like to see the correlation to economic level as well as geographic area also. More factors to consider than race alone.

#6 ·
So many more blacks get shot because they are victims of black on black violence. Looks like the libs are throwing down the race card against guns now. Maybe if the libtard cities didn't infringe on the 2A so much law-abiding black people could defend themselves from thugs.

Liberals sicken me and fill me with disgust and loathing. Most of societies problems can be traced to their policies.

FULIBS

#8 ·
The real divide is the places in which we live and the levels of crime. This study just shows me that an individual black/ African- American probably has a greater need for gun ownership and an ability to defend ones self

perphaps a civil rights lawsuit against NYC gun laws could be based on disparating effect on the community is in order

#9 · (Edited)
Of the 30'000 avarage gun deaths 20'000 are self-inficted suicides. The mojority of the left overs are ussally black on black, white on white, asian on asian, husband on wife and so on.

To solve the problem give these people who wants to commit suicide a better option, Just go to the veterinary and get the shot to give yourself at you low point ad be done, No mess and gives the gun people some slack.

To solve the majority of the other gun deaths just lock up these low lifes when they get convicted of the crimes they do. Being locked up in a county jail or a state prison they woun't be on the street killing their own kind.

As far as husband & wife go if there is a history of domestic violence make them seperate and move on with their lives. It seams to me in this case there is a history in these cases where the cops are called over & over again. Play with fire and you will get burned.

Then you need to add in all of the people who get shot & killed by the Law Enforcement and ligitmatly by Home Owners and others in Legal Self Protection which is low in actual numbers, But are on the list of Gun Violence. They should not be on the list, These are justafiable homicides. Fu** with the Bull and you'll get the Horn!

The United States need to have simple prison systems where they are low cost, no entertainment (basket ball, weight lifting, cable TV and so on), no air conditioning, bare minimum food requirements and hard labor like in the old days. The punishment needs to be worse then the crime to deter these individuals from re-offending. One stint in the prison system should be enough to make a person walk the straight life when done being incarcerated.
Instead they cater to the prison inmates and give them a better life in the system then they live on the outside, once they get the royal treatment in the prison system they get more perks when released on parole or probation. Food stamp program, cash benifits, housing, an education which never is utilized.

These Pieces of **** re-offend, instead of going back in to finnish their original commitment they just get a probation violation and get a few days in the county lock up and back out to do their thing over & over again.

#10 ·
This is one idea that more Americans are failing to understand in greater numbers each and every year.

Guns DO NOT kill! Period.

People kill. People chose the tool of destruction. If a gun is handy, they will chose the gun. If not, they will find another tool to do the deed.

I do not believe that violence in the US will end if we take away all guns. Hell, I don't think the numbers will even decrease that much.

Until Americans get their heads out of their third point of contact and understand that we have a scum bag problem, these types of stories and statistics will rule the day.

#11 ·
Guns like lawyers cost money.
If you cannot afford a lawyer you get one provided by the state when you break the law.
If you cannot afford a gun you don't get nutin if you obey the law.
Easier to buy a gun on a street corner then return to sentence 1.

How come, arent they both constitutionally protected rights.

No wonder why liberals are so effed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.