Hearing Protection act.
Close

Private

Default Hearing Protection act.

So it was just introduced to the new congress, if it passes what does that mean for us? The SAFE act doesn't explicitly say that silencers are illegal outside of the nfa here,correct? So in theory if they want to keep them from being sold here, there will be a short period of time between the passing of the HPA and new york passing a new BS law to try and ban them. Also, since that was a major point of them banning threaded barrels, does this mean that muzzle brakes and flash hiders would also be undone from the safe act? If i'm off base with my reasoning do let me know. How i see it now, buying a suppressor, should the HPA pass would be just like buying an AR lower, in that you have to be 21 because its not a rifle or shotgun and go through a background check.

edit: just read what they had on the house actions website, they actually specified they should be treated as long guns, so 18 yrs of age.
    Last edited by Exonautic; 01-10-2017 at 04:19 PM.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Major

Ny already has a separate law banning suppressors, sbs, sbr, and machine guns.
    "In practice what is an atheist? An atheist is just somebody who feels about Yahweh the way any decent Christian feels about Thor or Ba'al or The Golden Calf. As has been said before we are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in, some of us just go one god further."
    -Richard Dawkins "Militant Atheism"

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Skwiggledork View Post
    Ny already has a separate law banning suppressors, sbs, sbr, and machine guns.
    Well, that answers my question, just read the penal code also. Dammit New York

Sergeant

Threaded muzzles and muzzle devices aren't banned on non-SAFE defined assault weapons so there's plenty we'd be able to use them on here if suppressor were to be made legal.

There would be lots of good stuff to use supressors on even given the SAFE act, but suppressors are banned in NY, not just restricted like at the federal level, so unless something reverses that law we are still SOL.

Private

Like PMC said, and i read it after i made the post in the penal code, suppressors themselves are illegal, my safe act comment was just another thought. My intent would have actually been for something along the lines of a remington 700, had a suppressor been in the near future for any new yorker.