Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: How to buy a Liberty Gun Safe at Lowes!

BANNED

Default How to buy a Liberty Gun Safe at Lowes!

I just got a screaming deal on a Liberty Gun Safe at Lowes. I figured I would help out the members looking for a good safe and give a step by step. Having a gun safe is VERY IMPORTANT for numerous reasons. Balancing a household budget is equally important---always trying to get the best value for your money.

I choose a Liberty safe because of the quality, good reviews, customer service & THEY ARE MADE IN THE USA!! First, I need to say that Lowes has the best price on the Liberty Safes I have seen---cheaper than Gander Mountain and definitely cheaper than anywhere on the internet (that I could find--and I searched like crazy). Secondly, you need to buy a safe for your budget and your needs--but just know that the Liberty Centurion line is made in China---these are the competition to Sentry (and the other cheap Chinese junk)---I would take a Centurion any day over a Sentry (and I live in Rochester--Sentry's hometown). Now on to the deal:

1. Get the 10% coupon from here--Lowes.com : Make your move easy with a Lowe's Moving Coupon You are only allowed 1 per address, so if you need a few, use your relatives, friends, etc.

2. Pick your safe here: Shop liberty safe at Lowes.com: Search Results Again, I don't know what your personal budget is--but get the Franklin series. It comes with the accessory door panel, electrical outlet kit, interior lighting and better interior fabric--for only $246 more (comparing textured finishes between Colonial 30 & Franklin 27).

3. If you want 0% financing--the standard is usually 6 months. You can get 12 months 0% financing easily--just call and order the safe with the online department. Tell them if you can't get 12 months 0%, you can't buy the safe--wait on hold for a few minutes--you now have 12 months at 0%. THIS IS ONLY GOOD IF YOU PAY IT OFF IN 12 MONTHS!!!! If you go over 12 months--bend over for the incurred interest charges!

4. They do charge a delivery fee of $69 & they only drop it off in the driveway/garage--I couldn't get that waived, but maybe you can. You can pick it up yourself at the store for free--I don't have a pickup truck or else I would have tried to get some of my meathead friends to come with me and get it.

These safes are special order--I was told 5 weeks before it is delivered. I have been researching safes for literally months. One thing I had to have is a USA manufactured safe. The Liberty safes (especially with the Lowes pricing) can't be beat.

Hope this helps some of you! If you have sucesses, keep the thread updated. If a link has changed, let's post up the new link so that people have it. Mods, if you want to make this a sticky, feel free.

Colonel

Lowes link is no good
    "I am a guardian of bacon and there is no other way of life."

Got my Colonial 30 for 1600 with a D-Lock, power and dehumidifier. + the discount from Beck makes it a 1500.00 deal.
    SCOPE
    In 2014, we're still putting wood on guns? 0_o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    Lowes link is no good
    Which link?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrada View Post
    Got my Colonial 30 for 1600 with a D-Lock, power and dehumidifier. + the discount from Beck makes it a 1500.00 deal.
    I don't know what color you have, but here is the Colonial 30 from Lowes (Black & Grey are same price):

Shop Liberty Colonial 30-Gun Textured Black Gun Safe with Electronic Lock at Lowes.com

Add the 10% cooupon, and your at $1058.40 before tax. The only thing missing is the dehumidifier--and they aren't that much money.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by cooden View Post
    Which link?
    The second one. But it isn't hard to go to leers website and search gun safes

Quote Originally Posted by cooden View Post
    I don't know what color you have, but here is the Colonial 30 from Lowes (Black & Grey are same price):

Shop Liberty Colonial 30-Gun Textured Black Gun Safe with Electronic Lock at Lowes.com

Add the 10% cooupon, and your at $1058.40 before tax. The only thing missing is the dehumidifier--and they aren't that much money.
    Well, that's just great.. lol. I got the Green. I didn't even know lowes sold them. Well, too late now. Great safe though!. If anything I can say that I paid for an American made product and they can consider it a donation. Money well spent regardless.
    SCOPE

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrada View Post
    Well, that's just great.. lol. I got the Green. I didn't even know lowes sold them. Well, too late now. Great safe though!. If anything I can say that I paid for an American made product and they can consider it a donation. Money well spent regardless.
    Your 100% correct. I'm just trying to spread the information to anyone looking for a safe. Feels good to be buying USA made products at a great price!

Thanks for the info. The link works for me and I've been shopping for one
    cooden likes this.

-D-

Electric lock is a deal breaker for me.

Colonel

I was waiting for about another 6 months to buy one but I can't miss out on a good deal..

General

Are these fireproof?

Glad it worked out for you cooden. This is exactly what im going to do eventually.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Temporaryscars View Post
    Are these fireproof?
    Temp, did you click the link and read the info on the safes? They are fireproof--the one I bought is 1200 degress for 60 minutes.

Thanks for the info!

One little detail that caused me a problem in my last house was the weight of the safe and the floor where it was placed.

Installed mine in a second floor closet and noticed that over a period of 5 years the door jamb that was below it on the first floor was being affected. New house now and had the floor in the closet where the safe is set up re-inforced... NO more problem.

Safes can get really heavy especially if you keep a ton of ammo in them along with your rifles and pistols.

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Get the D-Lock drive like I did:
    Liberty Safes - Accessories - Lock - D-Drive Electronic Lock
    SCOPE

Private

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    this

Hal

Thanks again for this, just ordered a Liberty Colonial 30-gun in Burgandy. I'm not pumped about the electronic lock, but I can live with it. Saved me over $120
    cooden likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    NYSRPA
    SCOPE

Wow I didn't even know Lowes sold Liberty's.

You guys should watch this video before choosing a safe: GUN SAFES "THE TRUTH" weaponseducation - YouTube
    Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm

I need a bigger one.
    cooden likes this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by waldershrek View Post
    Wow I didn't even know Lowes sold Liberty's.

You guys should watch this video before choosing a safe: GUN SAFES "THE TRUTH" weaponseducation - YouTube
    WalderShrek, that's a great video. I have watched it twice--I like how the store owner gives some great information and isn't trying to "sell you" that hard. You can tell he likes Fort Knox--which is fine, they are a great safe!

The most important thing when buying a safe is to look at your specific living situation. Do live in the suburbs or the boonies? Do you have a monitored alarm system (with monitored smoke detectors)? Is the fire and police quick to respond in your area? You should buy your safe based on the answers to these questions. Only you will know how much safe & fire protection that you will need.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ladder13 View Post
    I need a bigger one.
    This thread is about safes.

thanks for the info!
    cooden likes this.

BANNED

Trying to keep this near the top--great info for those buying a safe!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast