• 2 Post By atTheWheels
  • 3 Post By VARMINT223
  • 2 Post By MoMan
  • 1 Post By doubleeddy
  • 1 Post By THE RAVEN

Thread: Price of ammo is going to go up

The Place with the highest property tax in the country

Default Price of ammo is going to go up

The last Lead Smelter in America is closing it's doors. The EPA has decided to put another company out of business

Last U.S. Lead Smelter to Close, Ammunition Manufacturing to Feel Effects

If there is no or little raw material to make projectile, the price of ammo will go up

The Last four letters

American
    = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Not so Super Moderator Chicken Shoot's Avatar

No worries .... we'll buy from China!!!
    http://www.chickenonaraft.com/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

i saw someone post up about this yesterday and said the same thing... i wouldnt be surprised if he was put out of business by the government for the entire purpose of crippling the ammo industry.

edit: i just read the article and im fully convinced that the EPA passed these regulations to purposely injure the ammunition production in this country, which is also why DHS stockpiled the billions of rounds along with the social security administration, etc... they knew this was coming so they stocked up while they could. this is definitely a backdoor plan by obama and the communists in this country.
    Last edited by thecelt; 10-30-2013 at 08:29 AM.
    jmac00, HarryG, tommyp and 3 others like this.
    SCOPENY-NRA-NYSRPA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Beidh l eile ag an bPaorach!

Part of a larger agenda , implemented by design.
    There are many coordinated evil forces hard at work destroying liberty and the previously "free" America as we have known it.
    I have studied the ramifications of the enviro mandates for quite a while , the EPA is and will be the major player in the continued destruction of our nation's wealth and freedoms.
    thecelt and atTheWheels like this.
    NRA
    SCOPE
    NYSRPA
    GOA

Quote Originally Posted by redtail55 View Post
    Part of a larger agenda , implemented by design.
    There are many coordinated evil forces hard at work destroying liberty and the previously "free" America as we have known it.
    I have studied the ramifications of the enviro mandates for quite a while , the EPA is and will be the major player in the continued destruction of our nation's wealth and freedoms.
    Another unconstitutional unelected bunch of bureaucrats that make law. Why the hell have elections anymore when the people we elect pass their constitutional responsibilities off to these massive bureaucracies? We can't hold these people responsible. This is the real reason elections mean nothing and the country continues to spin off into the weeds.
    redtail55 and Phazer like this.

This should be interesting. Where is the military going to get its ammo? The aren't supposed to use any foreign components in the ammo.
    More rule breaking by the current administration or are they going to open their own gov't plant just for the military.

EPA likes to get their hands into everything.

Our family was going to buy a new tractor, diesel powered, but the EPA got their hands in that too. They pretty much force small tractor companies out of making them over a certain horsepower. I forgot exactly what the horsepower threshold was, somewhere around 30hp in a diesel. If the company goes over that threshold, they have to pay $5,000 tax fine, which then results in a tractor that costs $5,000 more for adding anything above 30hp. So now they don't make anything over 30hp in a diesel tractor.
    "Give me liberty or give me death, but whatever you do, stop changing my signature admin."

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish787 View Post
    EPA likes to get their hands into everything.

Our family was going to buy a new tractor, diesel powered, but the EPA got their hands in that too. They pretty much force small tractor companies out of making them over a certain horsepower. I forgot exactly what the horsepower threshold was, somewhere around 30hp in a diesel. If the company goes over that threshold, they have to pay $5,000 tax fine, which then results in a tractor that costs $5,000 more for adding anything above 30hp. So now they don't make anything over 30hp in a diesel tractor.
    They make diesel tractors with all sorts of horsepower ratings and the prices reflect that. I suspect your referring to regulations regarding classes of tractor and the epa's meddling based on class.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyAR View Post
    This should be interesting. Where is the military going to get its ammo? The aren't supposed to use any foreign components in the ammo.
    More rule breaking by the current administration or are they going to open their own gov't plant just for the military.
    they will get it, we will pay for it, and it will drive the price of domestic made ammo through the freaking roof! imported ammo prices will exceed what domestic ammo prices are.. its going to be a problem.
    SCOPENY-NRA-NYSRPA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Beidh l eile ag an bPaorach!

I posted in a parallel thread. There are a minimum of 7 other lead mines between Canada and Mexico. If anything, cost of lead should go down. What's wrong about this is the US mine probably had better pollution control than the Mexican mines. We'll still get out lead, just from a higher polluting source. Amerika will be the cleanest country on Earth but with no jobs.
    SCOPE/NRA/NYSRPA /AARP
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    Support your local FFL.
    FUAC

Quote Originally Posted by VARMINT223 View Post
    I posted in a parallel thread. There are a minimum of 7 other lead mines between Canada and Mexico. If anything, cost of lead should go down. What's wrong about this is the US mine probably had better pollution control than the Mexican mines. We'll still get out lead, just from a higher polluting source. Amerika will be the cleanest country on Earth but with no jobs.
    No jobs, no cars needed, no oil resources required and since there are no jobs, nobody will be able to pay their gas and electric bills and the energy companies will fail. They don't want that! Wait..or do they?

Didn't Obama say we couldn't have imported ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by ajrocket View Post
    Didn't Obama say we couldn't have imported ammo?
    he didn't mention imported lead......
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis
    The sheepdog does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

Just switch to depleted uranium. Cast them in your garage.
    jmac00, tommyp and atTheWheels like this.
    SCOPE/NRA/NYSRPA /AARP
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    Support your local FFL.
    FUAC

Quote Originally Posted by VARMINT223 View Post
    Just switch to depleted uranium. Cast them in your garage.
    Easy peazy

Just one more example of what is wrong with this country and it's over-reaching, mis-use of authority!!
    jmac00 and thecelt like this.
    MO

NY/FL/UT CCW

Member: LaSalle S.C., NRA

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyAR View Post
    Since when? Where the **** do you think the PMC is made? The very **** they were handing out semi-recently in Afghanistan.
    Rob / Doc
    Master Chief
    HMCM(AW/FMF)
    DROWING article worth reading http://www.stripersonline.com/t/8362...ning-must-read

I dont think this will effect lead prices to much, lead is one of the most recycled materials. To me this more about the loss of industry and jobs due to our governments BS. That town is going to be destroyed by this.
    It aint gun control we need; its sin control, Uncle Si

The next front will be ranges being shut down due to "lead contamination" of the soil. It has already been happening and was tried very recently at the range in Long Island. That fight is still ongoing and probably set to be repeated thousands of time across the country and especially New York.

Tula-Wolf-Brown Bear-Surplus Nagant ammo.....all imported, this is a bad thing yea but alot of our stuff is already imported.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, AR15, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

Agree with Obpr. Lead is cheap, it is mined in many locations and the majority of lead is imported. Ammo prices have spiked because of demand (lots of hoarding still going on). I believe these shortages are, for the most part, "false" -- this keeps demand at an all-time high and ammo is still priced way, way above where inflation would have placed it this year. I bought a lot of ammo last year because of numerous good deals on bulk orders, and haven't bought more than a few boxes of ammo this year as I refuse to buy overpriced goods for the sake of "stocking up". When the prices come back down to realistic levels, I'll consider buying more ammo again.
    Last edited by ChrisWNY; 10-30-2013 at 09:10 PM.
    NYS/FL CCW
    --------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of those who threaten to destroy it.

Captain

Thank god for Russia the land of the free (tongue in check), they keep the ammo free flowing.
    Doc8404 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleeddy View Post
    Thank god for Russia the land of the free (tongue in check), they keep the ammo free flowing.
    It helps that most of their population can't afford a luxury like ammo and that firearms are generally unobtanium.

I have been saying all along that the Govt figured since they can't control the flow of firearms they way they want to why not attack the ammunition supply.....Firearms don't shoot rocks.....Like the Weather Service purchasing 1 mill rds of .40 cal ammo a while back.....They don't even carry weapons, and of course the evil DHS......They suck up ammo like a Bangkok whore....!
    thecelt likes this.

"There's a time to live,a time to die,a time to meet your maker...But isn't it strange as soon as your born,your dying" Bruce Dickinson ~IM~

The Place with the highest property tax in the country

From the article:

The Herculaneum smelter is currently the only smelter in the United States which can produce lead bullion from raw lead ore that is mined nearby in Missouri’s extensive lead deposits, giving the smelter its “primary” designation.
    so if these guys are the only ones that can turn raw ore into bullion, what are the other 7 smelters doing and how did they get the raw ore to start with?

The Last four letters

American
    = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions