Gun Shop Etiquette
Close

Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

They need one for gun shop employees.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

Good read.
    Whenever I hear the word racist anymore the only thing that comes to mind is that it is a Democrat someone disagreed with attempting to insult them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Yeah... this lady in a local shop down here was looking at a G26 and then an AR...

I was super tempted to say something to her, and the guy that was showing her the firearms.

She must have swept me and pointed them in my direction 3-4 times... I was ducking and weaving like I was fighting in the ring.
    Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

at the LGS I frequented in NY they rarely had any of these problems, what they did have was white ceilings where everyone would test the sight picture (only safe place to point in a small room really) there were busy days when I almost wanted to yell "PULL!" and see if anyone got the joke with a dozen or more dudes pointing guns straight up in the air.
    Rifle Wants: CETME, SBR AK in 7.62, Daewoo DR200

Pistol wants: XDM, Used Beretta M9/92FS for carry, S&W 5904/5/6 variant, Browning High Power

Captain

Usually in sales the Golden Rule applies: those who have the gold make the rules. Safety excluded.

First Rule for a gun shop: Never be open on Sunday, and close by 5:30 pm on weekdays

Quote Originally Posted by RandallOfLegend View Post
    First Rule for a gun shop: Never be open on Sunday, and close by 5:30 pm on weekdays
    Sounds like every business in upstate NY.
    Whenever I hear the word racist anymore the only thing that comes to mind is that it is a Democrat someone disagreed with attempting to insult them.

Quote Originally Posted by SPIKER View Post
    Sounds like every business in upstate NY.
    Which is why I shop online!

You would think that stores would be open weekends and pick two days during the week that all their customers were at work to close. Same thing for car dealerships.
    FUAC!!!!

And we wonder why the rest of the state laughs at us.

I hate to say this but they need to be open late and on sundays when normal people shop

General

Numbers 6, 7 and 9 are my favorite. Coming in the store buying the first gun and knowing NOTHING about what the buyer wants. It's not about the brand of the gun as much as it about what the gun will be used for. Here in NY, the way that many stores read the Penal Code, you must have a permit to handle a pistol. So many people come in without it than they bitch because I tell them they cannot handle the gun they want. The laws of NY State were thought up and written by someone else, I was not part of the conversations. Just because we do not like that certain things are illegal, does not mean I want to hear about all that you have. One other thing, do not go to a store to purchase a gun reaking of dope. You will not be able to purchase a gun, at least not from me!

#2 is the one that drives me nuts. I have a tendency to "window shop" at Dicks and Gander Mountain as they usually have a better selection to handle than most of the LGS's in the Rochester area. I'll figure out what I like and then I have my favorite LGS order it for me. Cheaper there and I'm supporting a local business rather than a corporate superstore. Last week I was at Gander looking at 1911's. The guy taking them from the under-counter case would take out the mag, put it back in, and then cover me on the way over the counter every time. After 3 times, I finally asked him to please lock the slide open and NOT point the muzzle my way on the hand off. Thanks.
    All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope....

~Winston Churchill~

Captain

The worst is when your at the gun shop to pick-up your gun and your stuck behind someone who wants to buy the whole store and you can't get any service because the shop is short staffed. I was at a shop once picking up my .357 which was half paid off all I had to do was pay the balance and fill out the paper work. I walked in at 10am and didn't leave untill almost noon because the store only had one guy doing sales and this chick infront of me wanted to buy a $1700 rifle and have every customized job done to it. I understand buy a gun is a fun thing but if people are waiting to be helped let the clerk find out what they need and if it's something as small as buy ammo or picking up a gun half paid for let them go ahead of you.