New York Firearms Forum banner

Woot.com deals on Boyt gun cases

981 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  shoot2much 
#1 ·
Boyt Tactical Gun Cases

Figured I'd drop this in here in case anyone was looking to snag something. I think I may go with the carbine case for my new AR build I just completed.

Does anyone recommend or not recommend Boyt?

#3 ·
My humble opinion, people like to spend a ton on accessories (myself included sometimes). But in reality, I personally have never needed a gun case that expensive...I have some quality rifles with good optics, and they have never seen a problem from a $25 soft case or a $40 hard case. It keeps the gun from getting knocked around in the truck while driving to and from somewhere....Unless traveling airlines I don't see the need. But to each there own. I've seen guys are the range with a $300 metal top notch cases opened up to see a bone stock $200 10/22.

#4 ·
My father had a canvas and leather trimmed case for 50+ years before the canvas got fragile. They are great high quality cases...hopefully they still are. I find that those $23 hard caes from WallyMart are kinda hard to resist. They protect my scoped rifles much better than any soft sided case can.

#6 ·
I don't disagree about expensive cases. My two long guns are in padded $40 Ruger cases--they work just fine and provide a ton of padding. I was interested in this because I don't have one. It doesn't mean I have to use it for any specific gun, but at least I have the option (ie: airlines, as mentioned).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.