New York Firearms Forum banner

Glock 19 Gen 3 BTF

970 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Rocpo 
#1 ·
Thinking of ordering a Glock 19 Gen 3 - like the grip better over the Gen 4

Do the new 19 Gen 3 still have brass to the face issues?

#5 · (Edited)
From my experience, it only does this with weak underpowered ammo on a new stiff recoil spring. With all carry ammo and FMJ NATO Spec ammo, it didn't do it for me.

It did however do it with cheap 115gr Blaser ammo. I couldn't put my finger on it until I saw it ejected perfectly with Federal HST and other +P ammo.

You have two choices. You can buy a weaker recoil spring to just use for the range or you can just shoot it until the recoil spring softens. I stuck with NATO ammo and it never happened again. On the last trip, I used a bag of reloads, and it never happened again as well. I suspect it's because the recoil spring softened.

From the factory, the recoil spring is hard. I can definitely tell the difference in recoil impulse from the brand new spring when I got it to now about a 1000 rounds later.

#7 ·
Ive had my gen 3 for a couple years now and have shot a couple thousand rounds through it. All types of ammo and never had any brass in the face.Come to think about it,ive had no malfunctions of any kind.

#9 ·
Apex failure resistant extractor fixed the problem for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.