Close

Thread: Sig P938

I kill deer... and I like it Ragnar Danneskjold's Avatar

Default Sig P938

Is anyone here planning on purchasing the new Sig P938 when it comes out in the coming months? I held the P238, which I wanted to buy, but held back because I'd rather have it in 9mm. Beikirch's ordered some but have no idea when they'll show up.

Or is anyone interested in it but waiting until the bugs are worked out?

Sig P938 Photos | Sig Sauer Guns and Accessories

Captain

This looks really interesting, i have a Mustang Pocketlite, which the P238 is based on, this looks to be marginally bigger. May have to look at getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by pmills View Post
    This looks really interesting, i have a Mustang Pocketlite, which the P238 is based on, this looks to be marginally bigger. May have to look at getting one.
    0.4" longer than the P238. I believe that's the only dimension that is different.

It's certainly on my wishlist, and has been since it was announced. I think it's going to be costing just a little bit more than I'd be willing to pay for one though. I always felt the same way though in that I wanted a P238, just didn't want it in .380.

Sergeant

I am extremely interested in this, but I didn't want to be a 'beta tester' so to speak. I just purchased an M&P9c (picking up this week hopefully), so my 'discretionary funds' are exhausted for a while. (AND I have to work on an AR build this summer)

I considered a P238, but like Ragnar and hexidismal I wanted something more than .380, and something I could use in IDPA if I was inclined to.

I think I'll like the M&P9c for now, it was a great fit in the hand. P938 might be something to look at in a year or so if I'm still in the market. If you do get it make sure to post tons of pics and impressions.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Danneskjold View Post
    0.4" longer than the P238. I believe that's the only dimension that is different.
    Thats what i saw, its heavier too, my pocketlite is about 11oz i think, Personally i prefer single actions with cocked and locked carry. Normally carry either a 9mm Hi-power or a 45acp Para-ordnance P-14, this would be a nice piece if i decide to carry something smaller occasionally, plus really i dont need an excuse to buy a new gun,

Anybody heard any updates as to when this gun will be available??

Only problem with this gun is this
    MSRP $795 – $838
    45 Kills your soul.

MOLON LABE!

Oh no... Another mini 1911 by sig. No thanks :/

Update: The Sig P938 Nightmare (model name - not picking on it) started shipping the other day. I've seen a few places selling it online.

Private

what happened with sigs and their reliability? I dont own a sig but a quick google search and i saw a lot of forums bashing sig quality lately.

Corporal

I well pass on it. Nice looking gun. Hope Sig can work out the problems.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by Hickok View Post
    I well pass on it. Nice looking gun. Hope Sig can work out the problems.
    Just wondering if you've heard about problems related to this gun now that it is available. I was considering one at my LGS.
    Now I have to put something here too?

I handled one last weekend (out of state!) and it really is just about the most concealable 9mm semi-auto I've ever seen, and one of only a few that are legitimately pocket-sized. Obviously I didn't shoot it but at least the ergonomics are gold...

I have been very interested in this since I first saw it, and yes, I think there is a good chance I will buy one. What attracts me is the combination of dimensions, weight, and caliber. For example, this would carry well under shorts and a t-shirt.

But I will wait a few months for the price to drop, and also to let some guinea pigs do some test-firing.

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Mikey View Post
    Just wondering if you've heard about problems related to this gun now that it is available. I was considering one at my LGS.
    From gun shops to watching Youtube. I am a Sig fan, until the price drops and a few more months go by to work out the problems.

Yeah, I think that not being an early adopter is especially wise in the world of defensive pistols...

Private

I did some research and found out the same things, mostly FTE issues. Looks like issues that can be fixed, so hopefully by next year...
    Now I have to put something here too?