Close

Default Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro G2

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking at getting a Taurus PT111 Millennium G2. Would like any opinions regarding the PT111 and Taurus itself, as I am new to the handgun community.

Thanks,

ElCam

No Interest??

Sergeant

I have 2 taurus' guns and I've had no problems with either. First is a PT92, about 1000 rounds down the pipe without any issues. I love this gun.

I recently bought a PT709 slim, which I also like very much. For me, with large hands, a hogue handall JR grip was a must, but now it fits me just fine. Only, about 100 rds down the pipe so far, my reloads, and not one issue with the gun. That's not many rounds though. The only negative for this gun right now is that it only came with only 1 mag, and they are out of stock most places. Ebay people are selling them for $50+, which is crazy, I'll just wait until someone gets them back in stock for $33. It takes 7 round mags so I'm in no rush, I can buy them after the mag law goes into effect.

The problem you might have with the PT111 is that it's a 12 round mag. If you can't get it in 10rd, then it's a no go under the new law. Even if you find one with 10rds you need to get an FFL that will do the transfer before 4/15/13. After that date you can only get 7 round mags transfered to you. I don't have any experience with tihs particular gun to guide you on if it is or is not a good idea. However, my experience has been positive, and I would have no problem buying another Taurus.

ElCam I've owned two of the Tauris PT140 pro 40 calibers, I gave the first one to my son and he gave it to my other son. Then I bought another one last summer for $275 for one of the security officers at the Washington Arms Collectors gun show. I shot it and bought an Uncle Mike's nylon holsters for it. I carried it for a couple of months and sold the gun for $325. I didn't like the trigger pull on either of them, they shot OK with out any jamming, but the trigger pull just didn't do anything for me. When I sold the Tauris I bought a Kahr PM9 to carry in my pocket, This gun was $549 and the Galco leather pocket holster was another $30. Cabelas wanted $649 for the same gun, Cabelas is $100 to $150 more on any of their guns then the other local gun shops. I bought a Ruger Single-Six at another local store $125 cheaper then at Cabelas. I have bought a few boxes of shells at Cabelas when they were on sale, even then they were a dollar a box more then Wally-World, Wholesale Sports and the Shooting Range. It wasn't worth driving the extra distance to save a few bucks.
    Dpending on what you are looking for in size and caliber there are a few decent handguns that I'd consider befor a tauris.But then again they'd be a couple of hundred bucks more. If I get a good deal on another Tauris I'd buy it but I doubt if I'd carry it because I have several others that are better built and heavier calibers.