New York Firearms Forum banner

Glock 36 vs Springfield XDs 45

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Mdub707 
#1 ·
Ohhh and actual gun thread :). ANybody have the chance to own and or shoot both? THning I want a anotehr glock cuz I am a glockoholic but I also want a little diversity. Discuss.

#2 ·
Ok so I have both.... Here's the deal. I bought my XDs when they first came out and then had to send in for recall so to kill time I got the G36 to fill the void. So, it's a glock. Like all glocks no issues, no regrets. Grip is a glock grip just smaller. Can get mags with extension on them to make a fuller grip.

Ok, now for the XDs... Conceals nice hands down. I have a N82 professional holster for both XDS and glocks (N82 glock holsters fit many frames so my G36 fit in holster I use for G23 and G19) and XDs def prints less. The 3.3" barrel might as well be an inch longer bc it shoots niiiiice. Grip is aggressive and I like it; it is also narrow and tucks into the palm allowing for a deep grip helping control the recoil. Extended mags with grip extension are also available so that also is a plus.

Summary? I like both. After getting XDs back I decided to keep the G36. Why? Why not; it's a glock.

#10 ·
Sorry, no Glocks here!

I do have the XSD45. I absolutely love it. I love the way it carries, I love the way it feels and I love the way it shoots. No a single regret with buying it. Lifetime warranty as well. I have about 2000 rounds so far, besides the little recall, no issues at all.

For the record, i am anti-Glock. Don't know why, just because!

#16 ·
I'm glad this popped up. I've been contemplating what to get for an EDC gun. I have basically all large framed .45's right now and need something compact. The XDs has caught my eye a few times, it's definitely in contention. I've been eyeing a few glocks as well. I hadn't really looked at the G36 until I read this honestly. I like it. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for info. Let us know which way you decide to go OP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.