New York Firearms Forum banner

Difference between regular Magazine and low capacity

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vm81 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am new to hand guns. I am going to pick up my handgun soon, just got my approval letter in mail. I have a very quick question regarding magazine capacity and actual handgun. Is there any difference in the actual gun?

CZ 75 SP-01 comes in regular capacity of 18 and also in low capacity of 10. Is there any difference in the gun. If I move from NY to another state which allows higher capacity magazine...can I just change the magazine and be all set? Or is there a difference in the actual gun so I can not put a higher capacity magazine.

Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
There are no differences in the gun, no. This is the case of any gun, not just the SP-01. It's always the mags, not the gun.

By the way, nice choice ! I'm one of the resident CZ fanboys around here and the SP-01 is my favorite 9mm ever made. I own 2 of them, one set up for target only with the SAO conversion/target hammer/no pin block/etc. and one standard one that is my Full-Size carry gun. Only gun I've ever liked so much that even on my very limited budget I bought 2 of them to have it 'both ways'.

#4 ·
The low capacity one is much safer for New Yorkers. (sarcasm)

Nice choice with the cz, it's on my list also.
Thanks! I cant even tell you how crazy it is with all the restrictions. If you get past the maze of bureaucracy, you have restrictions on how big your magazine can be or what weapon you can have. Once you make your peace with that...then there is restriction on which shooting range I can go to.

Its just never end...simply ridiculous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.