Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hamish
  • 1 Post By davejensen

Thread: Saratoga County = New Judge

Corporal

Default Saratoga County = New Judge

I'll admit I haven't paid too much attention to recent county politics. But I know a new judge was elected this past November, and he just started. The judge who used to handle pistol permits and amendments (and restrictions) has retired.

Does anyone know who the new judge is, and what his or her 2A policies are? Is there a ray of light in Saratoga County that someone, someday, may actually acquire an unrestricted pistol license?
    Lostboy451 likes this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    I'll admit I haven't paid too much attention to recent county politics. But I know a new judge was elected this past November, and he just started. The judge who used to handle pistol permits and amendments (and restrictions) has retired.

Does anyone know who the new judge is, and what his or her 2A policies are? Is there a ray of light in Saratoga County that someone, someday, may actually acquire an unrestricted pistol license?
    I hope whatever happens is good. I've had all my paperwork and class done since the 1st week of November. Been patiently waiting and hoping for my permit to come in the mail. I hope this does not effect anything.

Richard A. Kupferman of Rock City Falls in Milton was, until recently, an assistant county attorney for Saratoga County and had been since 1988, and he is a managing partner at Fauci and Kupferman PLLC, a position he has held since 2004. In addition, he was the general counsel for New York State Sen. Stephen Saland, is currently an attorney for the towns of Edinburg, Northumberland and the village of Ballston Spa and had his own practice before joining Fauci and Kupferman.“I think at this point in my career it would be an interesting new goal in my profession,” Kupferman said of his running for the office. “I think I would be an asset to the community based on both my public and private experience in the county.”
    Kupferman earned his bachelor’s degree from SUNY Albany and his juris doctor from Albany Law School.
    He is married with three children and is currently a counsel to the Corinth Planning Board, the Galway Zoning Board of Appeals and the Malta Ethics Board and is the chairman of the Providence Zoning Board of Appeals.

I don't know anything about him. I bought a few guns this year since I was able to get my unrestricted back after a moving debacle. My permit is on file there and I live in Glens Falls Somebody find out. When either of you guys gets to meet him feel free to ask if you have an unrestricted would it stay that way. I calle dhim when he ran, unapposed, and did not get an answer. Good luck

FWIW, Senator Saland is pro-gun. (And pro-gay marriage, but that's a different story.)
    guygus3516 likes this.

Private

Any one know if Judge Kupferman is granting unrestricted amendments? I know Judge Siebert wouldn't no matter what.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lostboy451 View Post
    Any one know if Judge Kupferman is granting unrestricted amendments? I know Judge Siebert wouldn't no matter what.
    I'm wondering the same thing. I just got my permit this February and it has the "hunting/target" on it. My app also said that on it though since they made me put it on there when i turned in my paperwork last year. I wonder what would have happened there if it wasnt there.

Haven't heard any info on the new guy. Hopefully he is better

Sergeant

He actually just recently got his permit according to the guys down at Zacks when I was there picking up my new .45. We were shooting the **** about Siebert retiring (and i had just gotten a dupe license due to my lovely wife washing my old paper permit). I"m going to re-file to lift the restrictions as soon as the paperwork gets here from the sherrif's office.

It's worth another shot.

Jesus H, I wasn't thinking about this when I did an impulse buy at the Saratoga gun show last weekend! Took my paperwork there Monday and asked the girl who waited on me how the new judge was and she told me that I should have anything to worry about. I am an unrestricted permit holder in Saratoga County, at least until Friday?