New York Firearms Forum banner

legality of a wanted firearm

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  DaMoose 
#1 ·
ok, so I want to get an uzi/uzi clone and someone I know said that they have a friend in VT who has a used Norinco M320 with a fixed wooden stock, USA made grips, USA made barrel, and pre-ban mags they want to get rid of. Being a complete moron when it comes to all the double-talk on gun laws the state/feds put out there...is this or can this be a legal firearm for me to purchase in NYS or should I keep looking?

#5 ·
That is not only NY law its a federal law. I would assume that since the OP mentioned that it has a fixed wood stock that its a carbine configuration. If it was a legal SBR he would need to transfer on a Form 4 which obvousply is not going to work in NY.

An uzi pistol would need to be preban in order to come in under the 50oz limit. If this was a preban weapon the OP would not need to ask any questions on legality.

#8 ·
from what I have been reading on the net now, the Norinco UZIs were imported after the ban. only a few made it in prior as an "officer's 9 model". the m320 was the ugly "safe" version they pushed through after the ban to be compliant...so I think the NYS stuff still sticks. The wood stock looks ok...maybe I will just weld up a folder so it is a fixed metal stock though cause they are seksie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.