Proposed New Gun Laws Hit the NYS Senate
Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sergeant

Default Proposed New Gun Laws Hit the NYS Senate

The new proposed gun laws are on the NYS State Senate Codes Committee open legistation site:

Search - NY Senate Open Legislation - New York State Senate

I'll put links to the bills in a comment.

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!
    Sergeant

S34-2013: Requires the judge in a criminal proceeding or in a family court proceeding, upon issuance of an order of protection to inquire as to the possession of a firearm
    http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S34-2013

S35-2013: Requires employees of dealers in firearms and gunsmiths to submit to a criminal background check
    S35-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires employees of dealers in firearms and gunsmiths to submit to a criminal background check - New York State Senate

S41-2013: Requires the creation and imposition of restrictive commercial practices and stringent recordkeeping and reporting to prevent gun sales to criminals
    S41-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires the creation and imposition of restrictive commercial practices and stringent recordkeeping and reporting to prevent gun sales to criminals - New York State Senate

S50-2013: Requires the renewal of firearms licenses after five years outside the city of New York
    S50-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires the renewal of firearms licenses after five years outside the city of New York - New York State Senate

S51-2013: Makes provision for the disposal of firearms, rifles and shotguns owned by the state and local governments
    S51-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Makes provision for the disposal of firearms, rifles and shotguns owned by the state and local governments - New York State Senate

(this one disallows govt from selling retired guns to individuals)

S53-2013: Requires employees of dealers in firearms and gunsmiths to submit to a criminal background check
    S53-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires employees of dealers in firearms and gunsmiths to submit to a criminal background check - New York State Senate

S63-2013: Authorizes a court to revoke the firearms license and seize the weapons of certain individuals
    S63-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Authorizes a court to revoke the firearms license and seize the weapons of certain individuals - New York State Senate

(this one involves seizures in the case of mental hygiene adjudications)

S68-2013: Requires semiautomatic pistols manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer in this state to be capable of microstamping ammunition
    S68-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires semiautomatic pistols manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer in this state to be capable of microstamping ammunition - New York State Senate

S69-2013: Relates to the suspension and revocation of firearms licenses upon the issuance of orders of protection
    S69-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Relates to the suspension and revocation of firearms licenses upon the issuance of orders of protection - New York State Senate

S117-2013: Requires a national instant criminal background check to be conducted on each individual who purchases ammunition
    S117-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires a national instant criminal background check to be conducted on each individual who purchases ammunition - New York State Senate

S145-2013: Creates the offenses of aggravated sale of a firearm and aggravated sale of a firearm to a minor
    S145-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Creates the offenses of aggravated sale of a firearm and aggravated sale of a firearm to a minor - New York State Senate

(can't sell a gun which was used in a felony, stolen or defaced, or to a minor)

S202A-2013: Provides for banning the possession, sale or manufacture of assault weapons, subject to an exception; expands duties of superintendent of state police; repealer
    S202A-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Provides for banning the possession, sale or manufacture of assault weapons, subject to an exception; expands duties of superintendent of state police; repealer - New York State Senate

(from summary: Adds additional weapon models to the definition of an assault weapon and adds related definitions; bans the possession, sale or manufacture of assault weapons, subject to an exception; expands the duties of the superintendent of state police with respect to identifying assault weapons.)

S220-2013: Relates to licensing of gun dealer employees, recertification of gun licensees and reporting of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence
    S220-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Relates to licensing of gun dealer employees, recertification of gun licensees and reporting of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence - New York State Senate

S252-2013: Relates to the criminal possession of a weapon; repealer
    S252-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Relates to the criminal possession of a weapon; repealer - New York State Senate

(Relates to the criminal possession of a weapon and possession of a firearm while under the influence of alcohol or drugs; increases certain penalties for explosive or armor piercing bullets.)

S704-2013: Establishes procedure for the suspension and revocation of license to carry and possess firearm if carrying while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
    S704-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Establishes procedure for the suspension and revocation of license to carry and possess firearm if carrying while under the influence of alcohol or drugs - New York State Senate

S805-2013: Provides for the registration of firearms by the owner thereof at the county clerks office of the county where the owner resides, except in New York City
    S805-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Provides for the registration of firearms by the owner thereof at the county clerks office of the county where the owner resides, except in New York City - New York State Senate

(seems to require annual firearm registration, haven't read it too closely)

S821-2013: Makes all large capacity ammunition feeding devices, regardless of date of manufacture, subject to the provisions of the penal law
    S821-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Makes all large capacity ammunition feeding devices, regardless of date of manufacture, subject to the provisions of the penal law - New York State Senate

S927-2013: Proscribes persons, firms or corporations engaged in retail business of selling firearms from selling, delivering or transferring child operated firearms
    S927-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Proscribes persons, firms or corporations engaged in retail business of selling firearms from selling, delivering or transferring child operated firearms - New York State Senate

(This bill would prohibit the sale of pistols or revolvers by anyperson, firm or corporation in the retail business of selling guns
    which does not contain child proofing features built into the design
    of the gun.)

S993-2013: Authorizes an applicant for a pistol or revolver license to possess such while attending a pre-license firearms safety course
    S993-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Authorizes an applicant for a pistol or revolver license to possess such while attending a pre-license firearms safety course - New York State Senate

(wait, a pro-gun proposed law??)

S1714-2013: Increases the penalties for knowingly possessing a large capacity ammunition feeding device; repealer
    S1714-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Increases the penalties for knowingly possessing a large capacity ammunition feeding device; repealer - New York State Senate

S1795-2013: Prohibits possession of a gun or non-folding knife at a governmental chamber or public hearing of the state or any political subdivision
    S1795-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Prohibits possession of a gun or non-folding knife at a governmental chamber or public hearing of the state or any political subdivision - New York State Senate

S1796-2013: Relates to expiration and renewal provisions of certain firearms licenses
    S1796-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Relates to expiration and renewal provisions of certain firearms licenses - New York State Senate

(proposes pistol licenses require renewal every 2 years)

S1804-2013: Requires the safe storage of all guns, either in a safe or with a locking device, and provides penalties for simple and complex violations; requires notices
    S1804-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Requires the safe storage of all guns, either in a safe or with a locking device, and provides penalties for simple and complex violations; requires notices - New York State Senate

S1813-2013: Relates to possession and sale of armor piercing ammunition; repealer
    S1813-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Relates to possession and sale of armor piercing ammunition; repealer - New York State Senate

S2028-2013: Bans the sale, use or possession of 50-caliber weapons
    http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2028-2013

(Bans the sale, use or possession of 50-caliber or larger weapons and directs the division of state police to embark on a program whereby persons currently in lawful possession of such weapons may be reimbursed for the fair market value thereof upon turning such weapons in to a designated officer.)

There is probably more, but I can't take the time. I'm sure there will be consolidation as they move through codes and into the chamber floors.
    Last edited by firedoctor; 01-09-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Sergeant

This one's a good one:

S1972-2013: Relates to pistol permit privacy
    S1972-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Relates to pistol permit privacy - New York State Senate

(makes pistol permits confidential, except for law enforcement yada yada)

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Private

So how does this all work? This is what they have to vote on? Or do these things instantly pass?

and all that stops the next Sandy Hook how? Seems like an awful lot of hoops but nothing really to protect us all from the deranged maniac which is the rallying cry for this legislation..

also,

S2028-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Bans the sale, use or possession of 50-caliber weapons - New York State Senate

i didn't realize we had such a problem with 50cals that we would need to ban them...

thank you fire doctor

Quote Originally Posted by firedoctor View Post
    This one's a good one:

S1972-2013: Relates to pistol permit privacy
    S1972-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Relates to pistol permit privacy - New York State Senate

(makes pistol permits confidential, except for law enforcement yada yada)
    Awesome. I wrote to my Assemblywoman asking her to support a bill like this when the whole Journal News saga erupted.

You were obviously very busy putting this together, Thanks for your hard work! Seems like most of these pertain to common sense of an individual breaking the law and taking guns from those most likely to commit a violent crime. Really only a few that I see as problematic to the average gun owner.

S50-2013: Requires the renewal of firearms licenses after five years outside the city of New York

S1714-2013: Increases the penalties for knowingly possessing a large capacity ammunition feeding device; repealer

S805-2013: Provides for the registration of firearms by the owner thereof at the county clerks office of the county where the owner resides, except in New York City

S821-2013: Makes all large capacity ammunition feeding devices, regardless of date of manufacture, subject to the provisions of the penal law

(This bill would prohibit the sale of pistols or revolvers by any person, firm or corporation in the retail business of selling guns
    which does not contain child proofing features built into the design of the gun.)

What the hell is this?

S1796-2013: Relates to expiration and renewal provisions of certain firearms licenses

S1804-2013: Requires the safe storage of all guns, either in a safe or with a locking device, and provides penalties for simple and complex violations; requires notices

S1813-2013: Relates to possession and sale of armor piercing ammunition; repealer

NONE of these better pass or I will be a very ornery individual.
    I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country

Deo et Patriæ

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Private

What does this all mean? Have these passed yet or are they waiting for a vote?

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Phibes View Post
    and all that stops the next Sandy Hook how? Seems like an awful lot of hoops but nothing really to protect us all from the deranged maniac which is the rallying cry for this legislation..

also,

S2028-2013 - NY Senate Open Legislation - Bans the sale, use or possession of 50-caliber weapons - New York State Senate

i didn't realize we had such a problem with 50cals that we would need to ban them...
    About to read this now..... Would this make my muzzle loader illegal?!

SA202A-2013 is pretty extreme and I would like to hope never passes

Here is how I see everything regarding the mass shootings. There are several common denominators. 1) AR style rifle 2) hi cap mags 3) shooter being completely off their rocker. They are only addressing 2 of the 3 denominators and not the one that is the problem

Corporal

So lemme get this **** straight, I have to get another background check and register my ar15 by 2015?

Whiskey tango foxtrot?

Geeze can't wait to register for confiscation. .....

Quote Originally Posted by pdubya View Post
    So lemme get this **** straight, I have to get another background check and register my ar15 by 2015?

Whiskey tango foxtrot?

Geeze can't wait to register for confiscation. .....
    Keep in mind none of this stuff has passed. Cuomo wanted it passed last night and it didn't. If we keep writing and calling there is a good chance it will not pass in the future. Especially when Sandy hook fades from memory. Just have to keep the pressure up.

I kill deer... and I like it Ragnar Danneskjold's Avatar

Thank you for the time you spent on this.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Corporal

Dwrath, I know we need to stay the course. I give my word that I'll continue to make phones ring and flood their inboxes.

I hope everyone else doesn't back down.

same here. Many thanks for assembling the list !!

Quote Originally Posted by mnstrbetle View Post
    What does this all mean? Have these passed yet or are they waiting for a vote?
    At this point they are just bills and would have to be voted on to become law. My guess is that some of this filth will become law.

Quote Originally Posted by DWrath View Post
    Keep in mind none of this stuff has passed. Cuomo wanted it passed last night and it didn't. If we keep writing and calling there is a good chance it will not pass in the future. Especially when Sandy hook fades from memory. Just have to keep the pressure up.
    This is exactly right.

I watched the state of the state address today, and I must say I found it rather amusing that Cuomo only spent about 2 minutes or so discussing the AWB. The crowd applauded, but they didn't seem to be as enthusiastic about the AWB as they were for other more important issues, such as increasing minimum wage. I also laughed when the first words out of his mouth were about how he's a hunter and owns a Remington shotgun. Sorry hunters, but that's not what the second amendment is about. The ignorance is frightening.

At any rate, I will continue to call/write every day. We've gotta keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by meketrefe View Post
    same here. Many thanks for assembling the list !!
    Ya dude, thanks for getting this info up for us. You really did your homework. Now lets just keep up the phone calls and emails.

Quote Originally Posted by kalash_life View Post
    This is exactly right.

I watched the state of the state address today, and I must say I found it rather amusing that Cuomo only spent about 2 minutes or so discussing the AWB. The crowd applauded, but they didn't seem to be as enthusiastic about the AWB as they were for other more important issues, such as increasing minimum wage. I also laughed when the first words out of his mouth were about how he's a hunter and owns a Remington shotgun. Sorry hunters, but that's not what the second amendment is about. The ignorance is frightening.

At any rate, I will continue to call/write every day. We've gotta keep at it.
    The ignorance certainly is frightening, I get so pissed off when I hear people refer to the 2A and hunting and have no clue or won't admit to it;s real purpose, drives me nuts. As a fairly new member here I just want to thank you guys for all the information and sense of community. I work in education and really have to keep my opinions to myself during the day, its just nice to be able to come here and read the posts of like minded people. So thanks

Private

I wrote 3 separate emails last night to my politicians. Cuomo was so arrogant and ignorant up there yesterday it was unbelievable. We already have restrictive gun laws and Ive had enough of this crap, stay after them guys and let everybody you know that supports the 2nd amendment to get after them too. We cant give them anything or they will keep chipping away till there is nothing left.

Sergeant

The crowd applauding was made up of the assembly and senators, of course they applauded, that is what they were there for. So the general public got the impression they were all for Cuomo.

This is still nothing more than a gun grab that will do nothing to prevent crime, it is about disarming the citizens

They were clapping but , I noticed on Senator Skelos's FB page someone thanked him for not joining in on the standing ovation ----he could be our main ally here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast