Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Moving out of New York? Document it.

Sergeant

Default Moving out of New York? Document it.

Just like many of you, I'm utterly frustrated at the new legislation being passed. I really with I could vote with my feet and move out of NY. Like many of you, a large portion of my extended family is here, and with the low possibility of finding a new job elsewhere, I don't think I'll be moving.

I know many folks talk tough, and say they are moving out, but I'd like to track how many actually do. This will let me live vicariously through the lives of those with more dedication and fortitude than myself.

If you're planning to move out, could you post to this thread? Give us an estimated departure date, and planned destination. I'll probably get all kind of posts from folks saying they will. So, the real point of this thread, is for folks to come back and confirm the details of their move, once it happens. I'll do my part and follow up with folks once their departure date is getting close, or remind folks of their previous commitment.

Private

This is my first post. I have lived in NY my whole life and am currently looking for a job in Michigan and plan to be there by the summer. #1 was for work now because of what transpired in our goverment it is to help save what freedoms i have left and to enjoy a sport that i love.

I am moving out of state come September. All I am waiting for is to finish my electrical maintenance classes which will end August 2nd. I am giving myself a month to locate a place to stay and find a job. I will be searching for jobs and places to stay until then as well. I will gladly document my move. All of my family is here and I love them dearly as I have lived here my entire life but to give up my freedoms is just plain foolish and I will not stand for it. Besides most of my family aren't exactly pro-gun.

Yeah, OPSEC fail, so, no, I wont be posting to a random stranger on a public internet forum about what my specific plans are.
    "We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Major

On New Year's day, immediately after the NY bills surfaced, I put a deposit on a place in PA. Two weeks deep into the mortgage process and hoping to be out of here within 30 days.

Good enough?
    At age 21, I did two things: Stopped wearing underwear and started carrying a gun. The combination has enabled me to remain calm in even the most stressful of situations.

Send a letter to the NY AG's office as well as Cuomo's office if you are moving out of State due to the latest gun control push. If you really want to be slick, do some math and figure out the revenue NYS will be losing factoring in the NYS income tax and property taxes you will no longer be spending here each year. Do the math over 10, 15, 20+ years depending on your age. Tell Cuomo and the NY AG's office to shove it.
    medbill likes this.
    NYS/FL CCW
    --------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of those who threaten to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    On New Year's day, immediately after the NY bills surfaced, I put a deposit on a place in PA. Two weeks deep into the mortgage process and hoping to be out of here within 30 days.

Good enough?

You gonna continue to work in NY?
    Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm

Private

I have a little secret for you all.

None of the politicians give a rat's ass if you're moving - especially if you're taking your guns with you.
    av8r, RSBH44, bo99 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    I have a little secret for you all.

None of the politicians give a rat's ass if you're moving - especially if you're taking your guns with you.
    They might if they know how much revenue the State is losing with each and every resident who is moving out.
    NYS/FL CCW

Logan, Utah. (Moving my business out of NY)

Giving up is not my objective. You can always move to 'another place' until you run out of places you can move to.
    What we have to do is to fight this one to the end. Not only we are going to revert this law but we are going to have
    them implore us to stop using the measures we will be taking to resist.
    Qwerty likes this.
    Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke

Private

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
    They might if they know how much revenue the State is losing with each and every resident who is moving out.
    Don't kid yourself. They'll just tax the people who stayed more.
    Pete_USMC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Don't kid yourself. They'll just tax the people who stayed more.
    Then the mass exodus will continue. The anti-gunners might be happy, but considering nearly everyone is anti-tax, NYS has to be careful with how far they push the envelope.
    NYS/FL CCW

Logan, Utah. (Moving my business out of NY)

You don't need to go anywhere for them to stop loosing revenue.
    What fiearms owners need to have is more solidarity and agree on a set of really harsh measures and execute those measures relentlessly
    for as long as it takes.

Lets imagine one second that every firearm owner in this state would....

- Stop state gambling including lotto, power-ball and other games and send a note to all senators.
    - Suspend their cable connection and send a note to those companies to let them know what they did supporting a corrupt media.
    - Designate a target of interest for financial pressures, an organization or company that has supported this and stop spending
    one more dime there religiosly. It could be any lobby favoring Cuomos agendas.
    - Just figuratively speaking... what if we all decide not to stop by a mobil gas station for as long as this law is in place? can someone take the slack? The answer is NO!. nobody can.

Most likely liberal will counter but will not have the funds or patience to keep up while we will not quit from our positioning. For all I know many conservatives are hard working people that like to spend their dollars and contribute the economy and many of those liberals are worthless leaches that have no jobs or funds to counter much financially, they only have free time all day to spin the squeaky wheels in Albany and Washington.

Days will become weeks, weeks will become months and you will see some companies and systems coming to their needs asking for clemency.
    The sad thing these days is that as voters and honest tax paying citizens our voices might not mean much but our dollars will. And they will feel the pain.

There will be collateral damage of course but there cannot be gain w/o pain. But I am starting to question whether many firearm
    owners that speak so loudly online and forums have what they need to have to follow through.
    Imagine all the money we will save in the mean time we can put in the bank or use for other more wholesome purposes.

How many thousands of firearm owners and conservative groups do you thing will have the balls and courage to join in
    the next level of measures?

I would love to see the look on their faces when we put the system on their knees knowing they started this.
    You will have the most powerful lobbys working for you desperate you will become A NORMAL CONSUMER AGAIN.
    They could care less about our votes and rights but as consumers we have huge power if united.

Maybe that is the problem... are we really united?
    Last edited by meketrefe; 01-15-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    ChrisWNY and RSBH44 like this.
    Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke

Not only that how many electorial votes and congressmen they will be losing. The best way to cripple a communist state is to leave with your money and go to a state that will be able to pick up another electorial vote in the next presidential race.
    ChrisWNY and JMD like this.
    Manus haec inimica tyrannis
    The sheepdog does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by meketrefe View Post

Maybe that is the problem... are we really united?
    ^ Don't disagree there at all. Boycotting is quite effective. Spend all your money on goods out of State (though good luck doing so for groceries) to avoid paying NYS sales tax. Buy all your non-essential items and gifts online from vendors who do not collect sales tax for NYS.
    NYS/FL CCW

General

You can plan on leaving the state AND fight at the same time. That's what I'll be doing. It's all about short term goals and long term goals.

Short term goal: Fight these new laws as much as I possibly can. Donate, show up for meetings and protests, get the word out.

Long term goal: Start prep for an exit to a free state. If the short term goal is a success, then the long term goal can be extended or put on hold. If not, then you're still able to...ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK!
    Tred15 and Greenriver762 like this.

Major

Quote Originally Posted by waldershrek View Post
    You gonna continue to work in NY?
    Yep. Moving across the border. 18 minute commute.
    At age 21, I did two things: Stopped wearing underwear and started carrying a gun. The combination has enabled me to remain calm in even the most stressful of situations.

moved to texas 7/2011. never looked back.
    Temporaryscars and Black09JK like this.

Private

My wife and I were saving up money to build here in NY. Not anymore. We're looking at NH.
    80sDweeb likes this.

No one can say at this time that you will be able to escape the assault on the 2nd that is being made at the federal level. The time to fight this legally is right here and now.
    The progressive Party changed its symbol from the Donkey to a Condom because it more accurately reflects the Party's political stance. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of dicks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed!I ------------NRA - S.C.O.P.E. - SAF - NYSRPA-----------

General

Quote Originally Posted by rjhauser View Post
    moved to texas 7/2011. never looked back.
    RJ!! Long time no see! How are tricks?

hey my friend. glad to see you are still fighting. I purchased 2 more supressors at the last show, waiting for my stamps to come back....

things out here are good. finally bought a house. have enough room for all the toys, and have a place to shoot the barrett all day long.

maybe look you up when I come to visit next month......

General

Quote Originally Posted by rjhauser View Post
    hey my friend. glad to see you are still fighting. I purchased 2 more supressors at the last show, waiting for my stamps to come back....

things out here are good. finally bought a house. have enough room for all the toys, and have a place to shoot the barrett all day long.

maybe look you up when I come to visit next month......
    Please do. I'll even buy you lunch. I wanna hear your exploits.
    guygus3516 likes this.

Private

Already planning my move to ohio. works better there and these laws are so rediculous. waiting to see what drops federally but ill be leaving this joke of a state either way.

Private

A lot of people have talked about moving to PA...even I've looked into it. However, won't this problem just follow us? If we concede NY, they will just keep picking off states one by one. I came across the PA gun forum and the threads are eerily similar to here. Substitute Phillie politicians for NYC politicians.
    More GFZ,s comming to PA
    Perhaps PA isn't as bad as NY....for now. I do like western NY and have family here. I also hate the feeling of tucking tail and running.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast