Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MISSION: Organize to repeal the "NY SAFE Act of 2013"

Default Communication and efforts

Hello forum members,
    Some members have been sending me messages with regard on how to help with this campaign.

If you would like to assist, and have already posted your interest in this thread, let me know by private message as well.

If you would like to communicate via email, please include your email address in your private message.

-AhiyaHiya

I have been a member since 09/2012 I haven't posted a lot but I've learned a lot , and I'm fuming over this POS bill so if there is any way I can help defeat this unconstitutional gun grab contact me, I'm in it for the long haul
    Walther p22. Member of the N.R.A and S.C.O.P.E. and N.Y.S.R.P.A " MOLON LABE". UNRESTRICTED

Private

Private

Rockland County here. I have signed the petitions listed on this thread and am interested in anything else we can do to attempt to repeal this bill. Cuomo has pushed a law through that is erasing the second amendment slowly. If we continue to give up an inch every time a gun related crime takes place the second amendment may cease to exist eventually. Tax money should be spent on taking down criminals instead of hindering the law abiding citizen.
    You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one.
    -- Rush Limbaugh,17 Aug 1993

Private

PROTEST SAT 1/19/13 IN ALBANY CAPITOL BUILDING 12 NOON

Gun Control = More Crime

PETITION TO REPEAL ASSAULT WEAPONS BILL S2230

STAND UP FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT BY STANDING WITH NEW YORK STATE SENATOR KATHLEEN MARCHIONE | New York State Senate

Private

Thanks AhiyaHiya for showing the initiative. I sent a supportive message to Kathy Marchione for State Senate. That is a very small step in the right direction for me. But I agree, we need to take big steps. Keep it up. Don't let your motivation flag! You know what's right! I'll help out anyway I can as long as there are specific tasks. That's the key to getting people's volunteer help. But seriously, do you have you any organizing experience or good people you know that do?

Now here is my unasked for opinion on a related topic: Don't take it the wrong way, but as far as lists regarding what is and what isn't an "assault weapon" and when will the 7 round limit kick in, to help shooters made "stay legal", Cuomo and his cronies don't give a rat's ass what we think. If you try to get around the 7 round limit by carrying more 7 round mags, guess what, new legislation that caps how many mags you can own. Have a thumbhole stock and you now think your new rifle is acceptable, guess again! It'll be on the proscribed list once it's popular! It's like trying to play whack-a-mole when the game is rigged from the beginning and the popular vote means nothing. Hah, closed back room deals and Executive Orders. Due process indeed!

Every fiber of my being tells me to soundly ignore it as an act of defiance in the deep traditions of this nation of ours. Stop playing this dangerous political game once and for all before it is too late. Am I going to personally do that soon? I don't honestly know. Few things are harder to do than taking the morally right stance in the face of impending tyranny. For an individual, cowardice is much more comfortable, physically and financially.

I'm sure NYSRPA and the NRA are doing all they can with their legal action. I wish them success and will try to help out in any way, on top of my membership dues. But that doesn't preclude everyone else from organizing at the grassroots level.

NYSRPA, in co-operation with the NRA, are having the Cuomo law reviewed by a highly qualified legal team. We ask that no other 3rd party legal action be taken without prior consultation. We realize that this law impacts a large number of people, but a proper legal review will take some time. Please do not call or e-mail the office or directors. If/when there is an announcement on this issue, it will be published on our website. Thank you for your understanding.

http://www.nysrpa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie223 View Post
    Thanks AhiyaHiya for showing the initiative. I sent a supportive message to Kathy Marchione for State Senate. That is a very small step in the right direction for me. But I agree, we need to take big steps. Keep it up. Don't let your motivation flag! You know what's right! I'll help out anyway I can as long as there are specific tasks. That's the key to getting people's volunteer help. But seriously, do you have you any organizing experience or good people you know that do?
    Hi Ollie223,
    Truthfully, I have neither ran nor managed a political campaign before, so this is a first for me.

My management skills are limited to software projects with teams of varying sizes. I do admit, running a campaign is different.

I'm not going to let that stop me though. I feel there is too much riding here and we have given up too much already; with such a large community willing to stand together and help, I am working to bring all of the talented members together.

I can give you a specific task, though without knowing what your strengths and interests are, I may just be assigning you a random task, if you are ok with that. Otherwise, if there was something more specific you had in mind, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by AhiyaHiya View Post
    Gentlemen, thank you for contacting me about supporting this effort. I have gotten a few private messages in addition to the above listed posts.

I will be working tonight on this campaign and will contact each of you with how we can all work together.
    No offense, but who are you?

Does it make sense for you to contact the already organized groups so that we don't have a bunch of groups working apart vs one group working in concert?

Personally, I commend you for offering, but I'd rather see you act in a liaison type role after having talked with groups like SCOPE or NRA-ILA to aggregate information in a unified manner.

Just my 2 cents.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

Quote Originally Posted by av8r View Post
    No offense, but who are you?

Does it make sense for you to contact the already organized groups so that we don't have a bunch of groups working apart vs one group working in concert?

Personally, I commend you for offering, but I'd rather see you act in a liaison type role after having talked with groups like SCOPE or NRA-ILA to aggregate information in a unified manner.

Just my 2 cents.
    No offense taken.

I am a Long Islander, born and raised here.

By trade, I am a software developer. By day I work on code and by night, sometimes I work on code too, but more of the fun type, like video game code.

In 2001 is when I got involved in the shooting sports when I got my first AR15, a Bushmaster. When the nationwide AWB passed in 2004, that's when I realized NY had it's own AWB.

When I had my first child, I no longer could do the long range shooting that I used to love doing, so I got a pistol to do local competitions and realized, the NY AWB extended to pistols too. Not a happy day.

That was back in 2009. Here we are, in 2013 and now a new AWB has been enacted in New York.

In the past, I have actually proposed petitions to repeal the prior New York AWB, but with absolutely no success because at the time, it seemed that the shooting community wanted to comply rather than voice out against the ban.

Now, we know the current situation. I am trying to help organize this. I agree that I may become a liaison instead of a leader, and that is fine. The goal in the end is the same.

St. Lawrence county here, let me know how I can help I am more than willing and have been very active in contacting our legislature.

It seems that SCOPE ( Shooters Committee on Political Education - S.C.O.P.E. NY ) posted a mesage to it's members: Message to SCOPE members – Legal Actions against the SAFE Act.

They also have "[...]joined the National Coalition to Stop the Gun Ban[...]"

Private

Can we somehow use the Sportsman Clubs? I know they usually have a universal email list.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloway View Post
    Can we somehow use the Sportsman Clubs? I know they usually have a universal email list.
    Are you referring to gun clubs and their mailing lists or "The Sportsman Club"?

Either way, do you have a contact at either?

Thanks!

Default Task

There are some petitions that are floating around nyfirearms.com.

For any volunteer, please collect the petitions on nyfirearms.com and place then into http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/gro...petitions.html

If you happen to find others, please list them there are well.

This task can be shared by a few members, just reply so that others know what you are working on.

Private

Here's another NY Senator with a petition to repeal the Bill. Sign and pass on to others. I'm unable to post in the Petitions Groups since I only have 3 posts, so someone please post it there for me.

SIGN SEN. BONACIC
    Last edited by alaput; 01-18-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Default 2013-01-18 Message

January 18, 2013

These are the longest five days I can remember.

Itís Friday and Iím tired.

Monday, we all heard the news about our NY Senators meeting behind closed doors with Gov. Cuomo.

Tuesday, some of us watched the Assembly live feed; some moments were promising; a lot of moments were sad.

That night, the bill was quickly rushed off to Cuomo, to be signed. Funny that when Sandy hit Long Island, many families lost their homes and more; Cuomo complained about LIPA and did a little face time on TV.

When 2013 rolled in, his first priority to sign in a gun ban took only 2 days.

Iím sharing my feelings with you because a lot of us are in the same boat.

We have commitments; families; children; work.

But, we are all taking the time out of our lives to stand up and stand together.

Fellow legislative groups S.C.O.P.E. (Shooters Committee on Political Education - S.C.O.P.E. NY) and NYSRPA (http://www.nysrpa.org) are busy working with attorneys reviewing S2230-2013 to bring a lawsuit to court.

Fellow members are contacting their local gun clubs to find out what coordination is happening there.

Fellow members are helping spread the message and keep everyone informed.

This week, I am communicating with my local gun club that I belong to. I will be posting tasks that we can take on to help keep all of the groups in sync. I will be taking input from fellow members and communicating that with the community.

I am glad, and proud, that at this turn of New York history, fellow law abiding gun owners are helping each other and sticking together.

I share this with my fellow nyfirearms.com members because I want to show that I will continue the mission we all share in common.

Corporal

A long week it has been!
    Member: NRA, SCOPE

Default New Gun-Control Laws Being Introduced

It seems that what Gov. Cuomo was hoping for might come to fruition: Gun Control Bills Flood Statehouses In Wake Of Sandy Hook Shooting

It appears, from the story at least, that law makers are feeling bolder now that New York has passed S2230-2013, that they may be able to do the same thing with the same level of ease.

Let's hope that fellow law-abiding gun owners and Pro-2nd-Amendment politicians stick up for the right cause and combat these attacks on our freedoms.

Default Flyer to post at gun club

Tomorrow I will be going to my local gun club to post this flyer in the main room.

Likewise, if you belong to a club, post this flyer so that the club members and potentially, the club leaders, can come to the websites listed on the flyer and help contribute to our cause.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frank716 created a flier with all of the NY Assemblymen and how they voted on S2230-2013 : http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/fir...tml#post359909

Only 17800 on the white house's petition, we need many more.

Corporal

SCOPE has a PAC

SCOPE PAC
    PO Box 12711
    Rochester, NY 14612

Ken Mathison
    SCOPE PAC Treasurer

Quote Originally Posted by Undeader View Post
    How about NYers unite to form a PAC intent on defeating anyone who supported this bill

Corporal

SCOPE doesn't have someone officially yet for this forum, but you are welcome to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Ken Mathison
    SCOPE Board of Directors
    Monroe Co. SCOPE Chapter Treasurer
    SCOPE PAC Treasurer

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnFly View Post
    I don't understand why Scope doesn't have someone permanently assigned to this forum. As a go between. This has to be the biggest NY firearms forum, at least the only one that I am a member of that is mainly NY'ers and active 24/7.

Corporal

SCOPE also has a team of highly qualified attorneys working on legal action. It is complicated process and there is a tremendous quantity of case law to review before a coherent suit can be filed. Be patient, it will be done but done right.

Please visit our website to make donations to the Legal Fund. Shooters Committee on Political Education - S.C.O.P.E. NY

Ken Mahison
    SCOPE

Quote Originally Posted by mrreynolds View Post
    NYSRPA, in co-operation with the NRA, are having the Cuomo law reviewed by a highly qualified legal team. We ask that no other 3rd party legal action be taken without prior consultation. We realize that this law impacts a large number of people, but a proper legal review will take some time. Please do not call or e-mail the office or directors. If/when there is an announcement on this issue, it will be published on our website. Thank you for your understanding.

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast