Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What really was on the table for the NYS SAFE act

Administrator

Angry What really was on the table for the NYS SAFE act

This was reported by Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin on his facebook page tonight.

"Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.

This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o’clock at night:

1. Confiscation of "assault weapons"
    2. Confiscation o ten round clips
    3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
    4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be replaced to the public
    5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as "assault weapons”
    6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
    7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
    8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
    9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
    10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
    11. State issued pistol permits
    12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
    13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
    14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
    15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryUb...layer_embedded

I am absolutely disgusted by this...and people really think they don't want to come for our firearms. If it was on the table or ever even mentioned, especially in a backdoor deal - it means they want to, and will never stop trying to come for them.
    Thejmack likes this.

After seeing him mention it on the live feed, I've been waiting to see what was on the list. Worse than I thought.
    jmac00, Noodles, BrianS and 2 others like this.

Administrator

The greatest part about the whole situation is that Assemblyman Lentol (senator palpatine) Said he would rather it not be released as it would dampen the enthusiasm of what they did... Dampen? More like piss off all lawful taxpaying gun owners and others. A local Police Department Chief (wont name which, but it is in Monroe county) when Cuomo first mentioned confiscation said "how many body bags do you want me to order?"

Private

I heard Cuomo said he would shove this budget up your ass if he didn't get a vote on his proposal by the NYS senate. Has anyone else heard this, can anyone verify it?.

Well, I guess you guys found the stuff for your signs..if this doesn't fire people up, nothing will...

Private

This is extreme to the max. I don't understand why such a hard stand on AW when NY isn't even one of the states where any of the massacres occurred.

Sergeant

Hmmmm, maybe they realized that if they tried to confiscate now everyone would play hide and seek. By doing it this way they can confiscate in a couple years and have a road map to our guns.

Everyone knows these laws will stop nothing and they probly figure they will just wait a bit and when the next nut job does his thing they will use it as an excuse.
    Embree Smith likes this.

Captain

If we register our AR's, they have the list, the next thing could be harassment or why you need this gun? Why do you need this to hunt? Then an unelected activist incharge of fees may set a fee of $3,000 to re-register your gun in 5 years, or make up any fee they want. Obama has linked Obamacare and public health to guns, you could receive a crazy fee for "those killed by guns", like a user fee, etc. They will think of ways to make it so you cannot cover the costs of the fees, or endure the harassment, and you cannot sell it, so they take it.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoruko Yamamota

Captain

Semi auto pistols will be next on the wish list after a few elections of conservatives and republicans dividing the vote on 3rd party candidates. They can run the craziest liberals right out of NYC, and win because of the divided vote. Lib's may be evil, but they are not dumb, and they are relentless.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoruko Yamamota

where is the mclaughlin video where the gray haired douce told mclaughlin not to talk about that as it could damage the ability to compromise?
    SCOPENY-NRA-SAF
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor/RSO
    "Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry."

Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach!

Its just like a lawsuit for millions of dollars. They go for broke and then walk away with something. They asked for everything and then there was a feeling of accomplishment when the above were eliminated. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by thecelt View Post
    where is the mclaughlin video where the gray haired douce told mclaughlin not to talk about that as it could damage the ability to compromise?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryUb...layer_embedded

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by thecelt View Post
    link is in the original post.

Sick of these mother ****ers.

Scared yet?

its scary ****

Private

FBI Crime stats, 2011 final. There were FIVE homicides by RIFLE in NYS in 2011. That included all rifles, semi or not.

There is essentially NO CRIME with Rifles. YET, Cuomo wants to ban everything. Follow the MONEY. Bloomberg?
    Thejmack likes this.

Private

Fighting for 2nd Amendment rights is no longer enough. You are going to have to fight for everything. We all are going to have to dive into the cesspit of politics.

Look at small "extremist" groups in politics. In Illinois, there were 2 bills up, one to ban the misnamed AW, one to legalize Gay Marriage.

Nothing per se against the second, but when you combine the 2, you can see that the driving force in politics is not the PEOPLE.
    kgun12 likes this.

I told you this was just the begining, why on earth are any of you surprised? It will get much, much worse unless we get everyone together and get this bunch of commie's out of office..

I like how that douche sponsor says "I havent seen that information" and then he requests that it not be shared because it could be detrimental to the bill's momentum. ****ing crook.

this is ridiculous

We need to get a copy of the prior proposal. We can get some of the upstate turncoats unseated.

what blows my mind is they are blatantly trying to violate the u.s. constitution, the law of the land, and how are these people not being arrested? I hate how people act like the Constitution is more like a guideline then a law of the land.
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude. - Thomas Jefferson

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole body of the people except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them..." - George Mason

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by The_Question View Post
    what blows my mind is they are blatantly trying to violate the u.s. constitution, the law of the land, and how are these people not being arrested? I hate how people act like the Constitution is more like a guideline then a law of the land.

it would be cool to get enough patriotic state policemen to arrest all of those voting for this bill and cuomo... all at the same time. "synchronize watches folks... at 9pm on monday, we arrest them all...."

this **** needs to be showed on the national level
    "Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it."
    -Abraham Lincoln

It's good to see a guy who's making this such a huge topic, in fact McLaughlin is really putting a lot of political capital/risk/future into this matter.
    this **** needs to be showed on the national level
    I'll submit it to drudgereport, see if he posts it. Honestly, there's a good chance he will, then literally millions will see it by end of day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast