Close

Thread: fixed mag ar-15

Private

Default fixed mag ar-15

I tried reading the law but it hurts!

Ok so letís make an ar-15 lower with a fixed 30 round magazine (sks style). Pull the rear pin, rotate the upper and load from the top with 7 round stripper clips. I now claim royalty fees for this design I will forgive these for the first prototype presented to me

Even better you could now use a flash suppressor, adjustable stock and forward grip since by definition it is not an assault weapon.

Would the NYSP be allowed to add this type of firearm to the list?

This topic is up in about 15 different threads, do some poking in the AR section and on page two of this forum first.

CTM
    Private

The product already exists and has existed since the last ban

Quote Originally Posted by pd98 View Post
    I tried reading the law but it hurts!

Ok so let’s make an ar-15 lower with a fixed 30 round magazine (sks style). Pull the rear pin, rotate the upper and load from the top with 7 round stripper clips. I now claim royalty fees for this design I will forgive these for the first prototype presented to me

Even better you could now use a flash suppressor, adjustable stock and forward grip since by definition it is not an assault weapon.

Would the NYSP be allowed to add this type of firearm to the list?

Being new myself and all wired-up I have made the same mistake, check the past week of threads, lots of good info, and some mis-info, we are all learning. Look what is being done in CA, do a google search on bullet button mags, do not buy anything yet, just do some window shopping for now.
    Member: NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, S.C.O.P.E.

"Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.... moderation in the pursuit of Justice is no virtue." Mr. Conservative - Sen. Barry Goldwater

Private

I pointed out the CA bullet button a couple days. I think that’s the least intrusive solution however NY AG needs to sign off that this method is considered a fixed magazine. Once that is true the rifle would no longer be defined as an assault weapon.

But isn't the AR15 banned, period? Or is that gun list not actually in the law?...

It is banned from being sold new I believe.

However I think this issue here is relating to having your currently owned AR not considered an "Assault Weapon" so you do not have to register it with NYS. Which eventually may lead to confiscation by the state of all registered weapons, which is coming out now in many videos and texts as the real goal here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnFly View Post

However I think this issue here is relating to having your currently owned AR not considered an "Assault Weapon" so you do not have to register it with NYS. Which eventually may lead to confiscation by the state of all registered weapons, which is coming out now in many videos and texts as the real goal here.

Ok so now say we start seeing on the news that doors are getting kicked down and "assault weapons" are being confiscated for those who registered the weapons but didn't turn them in after the mandatory confiscation decree, which will happen. First, they would have to have a reason to come to your house. They won't go door to door because that is too much time and money and issues but they will go to the ones who are registered. Maybe the next step from there is if you have a pistol permit, they check your house anyway.

Ok so now they are in your house. You tell them you have no assault weapons. You open your safe and show them an AR-15 with a fixed mag and no "evil" features. Think they will leave your house and leave your AR-15? Nope, they will confiscate it and say "ok we just have to check the gun in and investigate and make sure it doesn't fall under the assault weapon ban. Think you will get the AR-15 back, even if it complies with everything? I don't think so....

They are going to show no mercy once the registration is done and once they start confiscating weapons. Even a year ago, my friend told me his father was at a range with a pre-ban 30 round magazine and a NYS LEO took his magazine along with his ID and said that he has to have the magazine investigated and if it is approved then he will get it back, otherwise he is looking at a crime. He never got charged but he never got the magazine back.

Quote Originally Posted by GLADIAT0R View Post
    Ok so now say we start seeing on the news that doors are getting kicked down and "assault weapons" are being confiscated for those who registered the weapons but didn't turn them in after the mandatory confiscation decree, which will happen. First, they would have to have a reason to come to your house. They won't go door to door because that is too much time and money and issues but they will go to the ones who are registered. Maybe the next step from there is if you have a pistol permit, they check your house anyway.

Ok so now they are in your house. You tell them you have no assault weapons. You open your safe and show them an AR-15 with a fixed mag and no "evil" features. Think they will leave your house and leave your AR-15? Nope, they will confiscate it and say "ok we just have to check the gun in and investigate and make sure it doesn't fall under the assault weapon ban. Think you will get the AR-15 back, even if it complies with everything? I don't think so....

They are going to show no mercy once the registration is done and once they start confiscating weapons. Even a year ago, my friend told me his father was at a range with a pre-ban 30 round magazine and a NYS LEO took his magazine along with his ID and said that he has to have the magazine investigated and if it is approved then he will get it back, otherwise he is looking at a crime. He never got charged but he never got the magazine back.
    .....That LEO in the last paragraph committed a crime and could be held accountable if the issue had been pushed. I guess it is not economical to hire a 2A attorney to get back a $30 magazine and that LEO knew that. He probably just wanted another mag for his own rifle, so he decided to be a swine about it. To bad your friends father did not tell him to pound sand and go back to his own stall. I would like to think the owners of these ranges will not stand for their patrons being harassed by overzealous LEO's, but we will have to see how that plays out I guess.

Private

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnFly View Post

This is incorrect. AR-15's are not specifically banned from being sold. NYSP listed weapons they thought were illegal using generl assumptions. We all know that assuming makes and Ass out of you and me. Lowers are starting to trickle back into New York and being made into compliant rifles. At this point you can get a pistol gripless ar-15 without any other features and be compliant. You can take out the gas system and make your rifle a bolt action.

Elite guns in Syracuse is selling ban compliant AR-15's with mags fixed into the lower. Supposedly they got the go ahead from the state police. This is great because with this, you can have all the features you want on it, only bad side is, you have to load it by pivoting the upper and you have a mag limit. Still it beats the bolt action imo, especially if it is easily reversible.

Goddamn it I'm sick of this ****. This all sucks. We keep talking about ways around this or that... not going to happen they're just starting. They'll keep going do this and they'll make that illegal. There is no compliance. Once the big C word is out there its the end unless we do something. We can't let this slide, this isn't going to end once you fix things to make them happy.

Fight the legislation. Not only that NO ONE knows what is OK and what isn't... just read the threads its us arguing back and forth. Non of us can interpret what's OK because they made it uninterpretable... or should I say able to be interpreted to fit their needs. I am guilty, I want to know what is up, what to buy just so I can f***king shoot my rifle and be left alone. But, they aren't going to leave us alone, that's the goal. We need to fight back. Sorry, just keep seeing the same stuff and realize there is no answer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by D51208 View Post
    This is incorrect. AR-15's are not specifically banned from being sold. NYSP listed weapons they thought were illegal using generl assumptions. We all know that assuming makes and Ass out of you and me. Lowers are starting to trickle back into New York and being made into compliant rifles. At this point you can get a pistol gripless ar-15 without any other features and be compliant. You can take out the gas system and make your rifle a bolt action.

Elite guns in Syracuse is selling ban compliant AR-15's with mags fixed into the lower. Supposedly they got the go ahead from the state police. This is great because with this, you can have all the features you want on it, only bad side is, you have to load it by pivoting the upper and you have a mag limit. Still it beats the bolt action imo, especially if it is easily reversible.

This thread is 6 months old.