Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Syracuse pro gun rally

Quote Originally Posted by Temporaryscars View Post
    Well, this is going somewhere fast.
    Scars, I nominate you and I to organize this thing, do you accept good sir? Unless there is objection from the floor. I propose the wining date is March 9th according to the poll.

March 9th works for me. If anybody knows list where we can and cannot carry in Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by loki34 View Post
    March 9th works for me. If anybody knows list where we can and cannot carry in Syracuse.
    I will stop in the pistol unit and check. We might have to apply for a permit to protest as well. Lets get it on!

I also agree near the Post Standard is probably the best location, in the square across the street. I am pretty sure that is Clinton Square. i will check, however I am waiting to hear back from my co-captain :-)

BANNED

Wuhhhhhhhhhhhhh? I don't know anything about organizing a protest.

Yeah - let's just make it March 9 around 10-noon or so, Clinton Square at the Soldiers and Sailors monument.

Just remember you need a permit from the SPD.

I've been sick with pneumonia and not all "rah rah" about it as I was earlier... breathing and sucking down an asthma inhaler has been my priority for the past week.
    According to Fuhrer Cuomo, I am an "extreme fringe conservative". According to Bill Maher, I'm an "ammosexual". F' them. I'm just a regular guy who chooses to arm himself - a sheepdog amongst the sheep - because I never know when the wolf will appear.

Corporal

I will go just let me know time/place. I do know otisco gun club is having there trader day on the 9th of march and alot of people planing to be there. One of the last trading shows before march 15th deadline.
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.

BANNED

Ok, how do we get a permit?

BANNED

Just throwing out input but if you guys do plan to do it on a weekend only crickets will hear you. The city's dead on weekends. During the week will be a bigger crowd to observe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mac54 View Post
    Just throwing out input but if you guys do plan to do it on a weekend only crickets will hear you. The city's dead on weekends. During the week will be a bigger crowd to observe
    Except then a lot of us won't be able to make it because we work for a living.

BANNED

I hear ya temp cars but we can't just do it in a area where nobody is. Only people that would be there then mostly would be the people getting the free assistance and they wouldn't listen to us anyway. No persuading that vote. Your better off protesting at Destiny USA! That's where people go on a weekend around this place. Sad but true.

BANNED

Well, since we're not protesting any political office, I think it doesn't matter if anyone is around, just as long as the press show up. That way we'll be beamed into people's living room. I don't think the PS closes on weekends but I could be wrong.

BANNED

Remember though, look at our news stations and papers in Central Ny. Very liberal and one sided. If it doesn't draw mass attention it'll be covered up and made into a 'small gathering of pro gun enthusiasts gathered today'. I'm tired of hearing that. We need to protest at the malls, colleges, in front of the news stations themselves to protest we want balanced news! That's what they have done. Took over our schools, indoctrinated our kids and took over the media with their left wing reteric. Time to take it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac54 View Post
    Remember though, look at our news stations and papers in Central Ny. Very liberal and one sided. If it doesn't draw mass attention it'll be covered up and made into a 'small gathering of pro gun enthusiasts gathered today'. I'm tired of hearing that. We need to protest at the malls, colleges, in front of the news stations themselves to protest we want balanced news! That's what they have done. Took over our schools, indoctrinated our kids and took over the media with their left wing reteric. Time to take it back.
    Mac does have a point. It will be much more likely to raise a stink during the week. How many people can do like a Friday say 3-6?

And TemporaryScars I sent you a PM and have heard nada from you. Letting me down bro. You want to help or what? Or does someone else want to help me. I will not be ale to do everything myself. We want to do a good job. We need to get signs printed and stuff like that. Who is up for it?

BANNED

I thought I answered you here. I don't know anything about organizing a protest...

...ugh...pm incoming.

Private

Are we shooting for the 9th, or do we need a little more time to do this right, we need bodies there, where can I get a Don"t Tread on me Flag locally, let"s get the word out, if everybody can get 10 asses there it"s good. When we have a Hard date, I will get in touch with the Otisco lake, Baldwinsville, Pompey and Camillus rod & gun clubs, BODIES.

Okay everyone, please post whether you want to do this on a weekend as originally planned, or shoot for an afternoon during the week. I do want to make an impact. I see two good ideas, a Friday like 3-6 perfect for afternoon and rush hour. And it isn't like we have to leave at 6:01 if it is going well. Or we can do Sat the 9th 10-4 or something. If there is consensus to move it two weeks or so to rally people to come, that's fine, but I think we should get it done before the end of March. What say you?

I say what mom used to say "s*** or get of the pot"! The poll came back for the 9th we make plans for then and make additional plans for the future! We need to act in Syracuse. I don't care when or how much impact. We need to be seen as many times as it take to show that we have been infringed upon. We need to show Magnarelli he made a mistake siding with Cuomo. If you think that this will be a one time event then get your head screw on better as this is for the long haul and we need to do this as many time as needed. I have a pick up truck, can travel and am willing to help. ASK OF ME.
    My carbon foot print is bigger than yours!!
    My other ride is a TARDIS.

S.C.O.P.E.
    USAF 1971 - 1975

Ok gents, lets go with March 9 then, from 10-2 scheduled time, and we will see what happens from there. I will start a new thread with the title: Syracuse Gun Rally Confirmed March 9. Everyone please post in that thread from now on and not this one so we can best spread the word. I am looking into getting a permit for the protest today. PLEASE EVERYONE CONFIRM IN THE NEW THREAD WHETHER YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEND SO WE CAN GET ESTIMATES OF CROWD SIZE. Try to get everyone you can to come. Everyone feel free to PM me about any issue, ideas or suggestions for the rally.

here is the link:

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/law...re-please.html
    Last edited by Shooter; 02-19-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Hello all. I am pleased to report I have the permit application in hand for our Syracuse Safe Act Protest and rally at Clinton Square. The date agreed upon with the city is April 13 from 10 am - 2 pm. I am only awaiting final approval from the higher ups. I expect this date to be valid. I am requesting power so we will be all set for hooking up an amp. I have no technical knowledge, so I will not be able to set up a speaker system. Need donors for equipment or we will have to rent. I don't think it will cost that much to rent. I will post an official thread when I get confirmation. I am footing the bill for the permit and power hook ups. No donations necessary. What I need help with is professionally done signs. And since Cuomo hates the Hitler likenesses so much, I simply must have a well done large one. If you wish to help, please PM me. Everyone save this date. We want a large turnout. I will do all I can to spread the word. Lets make our voices heard load and clear. The Gun Show is the next week, so there may be some great press exposure. I will notify all press of the event and ask for coverage. I also checked with the Sheriff's office on the CCW questions and got clear confirmation that those with valid concealed carry permits may carry on Clinton Square. So chose to carry or not carry if you are authorized but I ask no one not licensed to carry attempt to do so. We don't want any bad press. Seems as if we will have the full cooperation of Syracuse PD, County Sheriff, and the NYSP. The deputy that helped me told me she would be at the rally if she could be!

Thanks again.
    My carbon foot print is bigger than yours!!
    My other ride is a TARDIS.

S.C.O.P.E.
    USAF 1971 - 1975

Private

Great !

Well I have something big to report. As I was finalizing the permit for the Syracuse Safe Act protest to be held April 13, I learned last night that Carl Paladino, former New York gubernatorial candidate, announced a protest for the exact same location, Clinton Square, for the exact same purpose, to be held March 23, 2013 from 11 am to 2 pm. I just got off the phone with his executive assistant, and we had quite a talk.

They sent out an e-mail to 20,000 people, have printed thousands of flyers and are massively promoting this rally. After learning of their extensive efforts already, I have agreed to combine our efforts into one massive rally. So there will be no rally on April 13. Sorry about the several dates but this is all moving fast. This will be it! I will coordinate with them and they will take the lead. The NRA and NYRPA are providing funding and resources. They are promoting it all over the state. This sounds like it will be huge. I am very excited. I will stay in constant touch with the Paladino organization and keep everyone updated.

Please spread the word and get the attendance up as much as possible. I will be the liaison for all on NYF on this issue. Let's keep this going. Please post if you will attend and also so we can keep this thread prominent. I am really excited this will be big. Lets make it even bigger!

So this is it: March 23, 2013 from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm.

here is the link to his announcement on Facebook. I really like the flyer:

http://www.facebook.com/events/489552957760350/?ref=22
    haystack677 likes this.

Private

Great, I'm spreading the word at work tonight !

Cool.. It's close enough where I can swing down for a while without having to take the day off.
    SCOPE
    In 2014, we're still putting wood on guns? 0_o

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123