Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Moved from NY to TN - bought Glocks today!

Captain

Default Moved from NY to TN - bought Glocks today!

After 57 years of living in NY, I gave up. I quit my job, sold my house and moved to TN. Yesterday I got my TN drivers license and today I bought some Glock big capacity handguns (G22 and G27). I also have a so-called AW that I will have assembled at a gun smith next week.

I also signed up for the open and concealed carry education class that will be given this Sunday. I plan to open carry often and it is not an issue here.

My real estate taxes went from $18.5K to $1.5K. I bought a much bigger house on a lake for 1/2 the money of my NY home.

If you see Andy, please tell him to cr@p his paints.... Good luck to all NYers who are fighting SAFE. I wish I could have stayed and fought SAFE too but I ran just out of time.

Envious, jealous, you suck. Wanting to do the same one day back to the midwest.

BANNED

Whoopie, unfortunately for me I've visited most southern states and could never see myself living in one. Good luck.
    phauxtoe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shootsmuch View Post
    Whoopie, unfortunately for me I've visited most southern states and could never see myself living in one. Good luck.

As Henry Hill said, " I went out to get a dish of macaroni with Marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles with ketchup".

Major

Good luck with move, enjoy...

So were they out of good guns? Kidding
    phauxtoe likes this.

Sergeant

Can you send us some pictures?

Private

You're living the dream. Enjoy.

To have those kind of gun rights, wow. Get a driver's license and go buy a handgun right away. Like how they do things there. Happy for you. We need the same rights. We will keep up the good fight here.
    AC Orange likes this.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NYSRPA

Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

Major

I've been throughout the Country and I would move to Tenn. Circumstances keeps Me interned,or at least it feels like it. Enjoy...good fortune.
    AC Orange likes this.

Have fun with those TSA searches as they expand and expand and expand.
    Watering the Tree Of Liberty is not achieved by the killing of innocents, but by preserving the lives of those innocents with your own if necessary.

Just imagine what a free NY State would be like. No way can that become reality in NYS without hitting the reset button. Very happy for you! Upon retirement I do not intend to hang around here but until then I will continue the fight.
    AC Orange likes this.

Fun!! Happy shooting. I've got my fingers crossed that NYSRPA wins it's NYC case. In the meantime, PA is good, too.

I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt BIG flash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Degenret View Post
    Have fun with those TSA searches as they expand and expand and expand.
    yeah, if it wasn't for VIPR - TN could be a fun option for me.

VIPR teams are in NYC and the rest of the state...

isnt just a TN thing....

ask me how I know lol... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nordon View Post
    As Henry Hill said, " I went out to get a dish of macaroni with Marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles with ketchup".
    That is such a typical NYC/NYS attitude; that this woebegone shathole is the center of the universe...News Flash!!! It's NOT. I have done assignments in all but two of the contiuous United States, and you know something. there are people across the country who are doing quite well, leading productive lives, who are not overtaxed, over regulated, and are not having their pockets drained by the people who are supposed to represen them who are passing laws that do nothing but hurt the average law abiding citizen and we are supposed to be happy because we can get marinara sauce? So, pay those exorbitant taxes, which the pols will use to buy the mallet that they will use to pound you into the pavement untill noodles and ketchup will be your daily diet. Sorry for the rant, but i hear this from a relative on the island who thinks he's got it made paying "only" 15 grand in RE taxes.
    And besides, Henry Hill was a scumbag
    To OP, good luck and you made a good move.
    "We Are Not Descended From Fearful Men"

So when is the party? NYFirearms TN trip/shoot.
    BIG flash likes this.

Good luck! I been to TN. and it's real nice.
    Who will guard us from our guardians?

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenDee View Post
    That is such a typical NYC/NYS attitude; that this woebegone shathole is the center of the universe...News Flash!!! It's NOT. I have done assignments in all but two of the contiuous United States, and you know something. there are people across the country who are doing quite well, leading productive lives, who are not overtaxed, over regulated, and are not having their pockets drained by the people who are supposed to represen them who are passing laws that do nothing but hurt the average law abiding citizen and we are supposed to be happy because we can get marinara sauce? So, pay those exorbitant taxes, which the pols will use to buy the mallet that they will use to pound you into the pavement untill noodles and ketchup will be your daily diet. Sorry for the rant, but i hear this from a relative on the island who thinks he's got it made paying "only" 15 grand in RE taxes.
    Couldn't agree more !, Especially the point about tolerating infringements on my freedom just so I can go get a good slice of pizza, an authentic bagel or a good cup of coffee. PLEASE ! I'm so over that nonsense. Good luck OP. I hope to join the exodus to PA or VA just as soon as I can.
    ladder13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenDee View Post
    +1 Yeah, and I'll give up my marinara sauce too for some barbecue. Can't wait to vacate this craphole. NYer's always think they're at the top of the food chain, no wonder southerners hate Yankees. I'll be a Damn Yankee, there's a big difference.

Soo jealous.
    ladder13 likes this.
    45 Kills your soul.

MOLON LABE!

Quote Originally Posted by RAJB123 View Post
    After 57 years of living in NY, I gave up. I quit my job, sold my house and moved to TN. Yesterday I got my TN drivers license and today I bought some Glock big capacity handguns (G22 and G27). I also have a so-called AW that I will have assembled at a gun smith next week.

I also signed up for the open and concealed carry education class that will be given this Sunday. I plan to open carry often and it is not an issue here.

My real estate taxes went from $18.5K to $1.5K. I bought a much bigger house on a lake for 1/2 the money of my NY home.

If you see Andy, please tell him to cr@p his paints.... Good luck to all NYers who are fighting SAFE. I wish I could have stayed and fought SAFE too but I ran just out of time.
    Make sure you get your SBR's and suppressors, quite easy down there.

IDF

very good....leave this dump and never look back
    ladder13 likes this.

As ore than a few southerners in NC have told me. Honey, you're welcome down here but don't tell us how you did things up Nawth.

Hey, TN, you can go to the annual machine gun shoot down there now!

Whoops, edit. (I think Knob Creek is KY, and Blackdog is TN)
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast