Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Holder: "I will not enforce the law"

BANNED

Default Holder: "I will not enforce the law"

Now he is saying he will not enforce the federal laws against pot in Colorado and Washington state. This guy is clearly way above the law. He is the law and he does as he pleases.

He needs to be removed from office.
    Huntscreek and Buck1365 like this.

BANNED

I'll toke to that.
    tommyp, mfaith, 1911guy and 1 others like this.

Major

While I agree that the criminalization of marijuana was a bad idea....Holder's JOB (you know...the reason he draws a paycheck) is to uphold the Law. if he cannot do that he should be fired.
    and if he doesn't like the Law, maybe, just maybe!, he should work to overturn it.
    thecelt likes this.

Same with Obama...passing gun control measures under executive order because 'Congress failed to'? I think Congress is a lil smarter to know what the backlash would be for violating the 2nd Amendment...I think the president has too much power with executive orders...
    timboy and 1911guy like this.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimscale View Post
    While I agree that the criminalization of marijuana was a bad idea....Holder's JOB (you know...the reason he draws a paycheck) is to uphold the Law. if he cannot do that he should be fired.
    and if he doesn't like the Law, maybe, just maybe!, he should work to overturn it.
    I too agree criminalization of marijuana was a bad idea. However, compare it to the Safe act and the various sheriffs such as Tim Howard who said they will not enforce the law. It is a similar situation here. Holder obviously believes that federal law is not written correctly in this case. If you applied your same thinking you would in essence advocate the removal of Tim Howard because he is not following the law. I am not trying to pick your post apart, just trying to look at both sides.

Obama and others are just worried that they wont be able to control a backlash if we have the arms to defend ourselves. history shows all great empires fall and the US is trying not to repeat history if all we have is rocks they can crush us but, I feel the American people would end up overpowering them anyway even with gun restrictions. Guns no matter how "EVIL or BIG" do not kill people the people using them incorrectly and illegally kill people .

This whole gov is an epic fail.
    Disclosure: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Admits he lied to Congress under oath and now publicly states he will not enforce Federal law? WTF happened to this country?
    timboy, Holdover and Robin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thughes View Post
    Admits he lied to Congress under oath and now publicly states he will not enforce Federal law? WTF happened to this country?
    People who drink koolaid straight from the liberal media electing 'fargin' iceholes' like these...
    timboy and Robin like this.
    "...man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." -R.Reagan

Deo Vindice.

I actually applaud Holder for this particular decision. The federal government traditionally was never involved in criminal law enforcement, just federal issues of which there were very few. These issues were left to the states. In the last 50 years the Feds have put their nose in many places it does not belong. If the states decide through a vote of the people that marijuana should be decriminalized or even legalized then the federal government has no business coming in and telling the state they cannot do this and prosecuting people.

States should be allowed to decide their own laws without the Feds imposing their will upon the states or the people.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NYSRPA

Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshooter1 View Post
    I actually applaud Holder for this particular decision. The federal government traditionally was never involved in criminal law enforcement, just federal issues of which there were very few. These issues were left to the states. In the last 50 years the Feds have put their nose in many places it does not belong. If the states decide through a vote of the people that marijuana should be decriminalized or even legalized then the federal government has no business coming in and telling the state they cannot do this and prosecuting people.

States should be allowed to decide their own laws without the Feds imposing their will upon the states or the people.
    Yeah, and then when states, like NY, create their own laws, they create laws that violate the Constitution of the USA...
    VARMINT223 likes this.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I'm no fan of Holder or his boss, but the libertarian in me says this is the first thing he's done I would consider agreeing with. (He and his boss can still go to hell.) Personally I don't use the stuff, nor care too, and so far have kept my kids out of it. But it's my/our informed decision.

Keep Erie County Sheriff Tim Howard in mind and all the crap he took from the "supporters" of the Safe Act (including Andy) who stated it was his "duty and obligation" to up hold and and enforce the (bogus) law. I'll bet they're stepping right up from the moral mountain and condemming Holder. (Holder, his boss and Andy can go to hell.)

Is hypocricy the Latin word for politician?

======================================
    SCOPE/NRA/NYSRPA/AARP
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    Support your local FFL
    Save the environment, recycle; learn to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacmrc1 View Post
    Yeah, and then when states, like NY, create their own laws, they create laws that violate the Constitution of the USA...

Fighting the Safe-Act is an ideological war,
    the damn thing was written and passed by idiots.
    Varmint223

pontiacmrc1 and Robin like this.
    ======================================
    SCOPE/NRA/NYSRPA/AARP
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    Support your local FFL
    Save the environment, recycle; learn to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by pontiacmrc1 View Post
    Both the state and federal governments overstep their authority. They all need to be reigned in.
    pontiacmrc1 and Robin like this.
    the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

NYSRPA

Admitted to New York and Massachusetts Bars

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Nyshooter1 View Post

If this is being applauded,how come state law , in any issue, cannot be more leinient than federal; only more restrictive.

BANNED

You guys are hilarious. Replace pot with gun laws and you'd all be singing his praises. Shame on you.

I just reread it and found no reference to pot or anything that could be construed as synonymous in the constitution.
    Robin
    Embree Smith and atTheWheels like this.

BANNED

That's completely irrelevant. We're talking about the application of law, be it constitutional or unconstitutional.

There's nothing in the constitution that says you have a right to breathe oxygen, yet were there a law against it, you'd probably praise the guy for not enforcing said law.
    Embree Smith likes this.

Corporal

Not enforcing the law is what he is best at.

Sergeant

I don't understand how a AG has the power to pick and choose which law he thinks they should enforce. What happened to blind justice and if a law should not be enforced then change it. He like Obama tends to act more like royalty.
    atTheWheels likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyolegoat View Post
    People who drink koolaid straight from the liberal media electing 'fargin' iceholes' like these...
    Dude, if you think that is the BIG problem, you gotta stop drinking whatever Koolaid you are drinking!
    The Gun Forum is to talk about guns, Not Politics!

Certain fundamental rights are protected by the Constitution, put outside government’s reach, including the right to keep and bear arms

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't understand how a AG has the power to pick and choose which law he thinks they should enforce. What happened to blind justice and if a law should not be enforced then change it. He like Obama tends to act more like royalty.
    We USED to be a nation of laws, not of men. We abandoned that for the opposite.

Just keep banging out those irrelevant analogies Temp!
    robin
    ladder13 likes this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Just keep banging out those irrelevant analogies Temp!
    robin
    Oh wow, what a great counter. I see you were a member of Ladder's debate club.
    ladder13 and Darthgamer138 like this.

Robin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast