Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Governor Trump?

Default Governor Trump?

Donald Trump as Republican candidate for Governor running against Andrew Cuomo?

"The effort, the newspaper (NY Post) reported, is backed by New York state GOP Chairman Ed Cox and other party leaders...
    The Post wrote that Trump is the only Republican with enough name recognition and pull to beat Cuomo."

Personally, I can't stand the guy. However, if he vowed to work to repeal the SAFE Act and guarantee Second Amendment rights in NY, I would vote for him in a heartbeat. At least the big problem of campaign funding would be taken care of.

Trump for Governor? NY GOP Pushing Idea

Ummm, maybe never mind:

"I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record." -Donald Trump, 2000

Just another city boy who doesn't get it?
    Suby, Embree Smith and JamieZ like this.

If he's pro 2A I might vote for him. Dislike him on may levels but he does often make conservative stands. Still want Steve McLaughlin but NYC voters wouldn't likley pull together and vote for Steve. The Donald on the other hand might get the support of NYC
    DIAPERS AND POLITICIANS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN, BOTH FOR THE SAME REASON

I'll have to do an unofficial neighbor poll, but I doubt any of my neighbors would vote for him.

Agree I'll support anyone who unseats cuomo and works to repeal safe. My preference would be to see Trump providing the financial backing of someone with a bit less of a media-seeking attitude.

Mclaughlin. Period.

Ha, he has a concealed carry permit and owns an H&K .45 and a S&W .38. At least he has good taste.

Hopefully he has "evolved" in his views of the AWB since 2000. I'm sure he's aware of the SAFE Act fiasco and the political advantage to be gained there. Only one candidate in that race will have the SAFE Act around his neck, weighing him down.

MILLER: Donald Trump's guns - Washington Times

Quote Originally Posted by Camper4lyfe View Post
    Mclaughlin. Period.
    Yes, I would support him strongly in a primary.

Question is, what do you do if NY voters don't choose him in the primary?

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Kaboomer View Post

I don't trust the millionaires/billionaires of the country. They're too out of touch with those that they represent.

NO
    He is CITY SCUM.
    JamieZ and graptor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    NO
    He is CITY SCUM.
    Agreed.

So, do you vote a third party or not vote? Either way Cuomo gets reelected, and strengthens his presidential portfolio in 2016. This is exactly how we got stuck with Barack Obama for another four years. So many guys on this site added to his vote totals last November. You get what you vote-or don't vote- for.
    Embree Smith likes this.

Agreed.

So, do you vote a third party or not vote? Either way Cuomo gets reelected, and strengthens his presidential portfolio in 2016. This is exactly how we got stuck with Barack Obama for another four years. So many guys on this site added to his vote totals last November. You get what you vote-or don't vote- for.
    McLaughlin. Or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    McLaughlin. Or bust.
    Really, even if bust = Cuomo?

At this point Buffalo Bob and Howdy Doody would be welcome changes.
    Baby Kaboomer likes this.
    "...man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts." -R.Reagan

Deo Vindice.

Quote Originally Posted by Camper4lyfe View Post
    I don't trust the millionaires/billionaires of the country. They're too out of touch with those that they represent.
    Yeah, the article talks about them wanting Trump for name recognition, but the main reason (and I've been told this by a Republican County Chairman) is Trump's abilitly to self-fund a major portion of his campaign.

You're right about the "millionaires / billionaires", but in New York that really applies much more to the Democrats. Anyone running against Cuomo is starting from day one in a huge financial hole. If every gun owner gave till it hurts the scales could be balanced. Will they?

Trump is not the guy we want running against AC next year. He is downright lying if he touts himself as a 2A supporter. If Trump somehow becomes the frontrunner next year, he'll say something insanely offensive or stupid and dive into the tank politically just prior to election, ensuring that the dictator gets reelected. I want a guy to run who has a very good chance at winning, I think McLaughlin stands a good chance as long as he plays it smart during his campaign. If Trump wants Cuomo out, he should throw money at McLaughlin to help him succeed.
    NYS/FL CCW
    --------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of those who threaten to destroy it.

Exactly, let that be a message to all those that are registered independent, or think it's wise to change to dem. Make sure that we mold OUR party to our liking through OUR primary.

Trump is a clown. He is good for talk shows like Howard Stern, but to actually run the show...nope.
    ratbrandt likes this.
    Whenever I hear the word racist anymore the only thing that comes to mind is that it is a Democrat someone disagreed with attempting to insult them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
    Trump is not the guy we want running against AC next year. He is downright lying if he touts himself as a 2A supporter. If Trump somehow becomes the frontrunner next year, he'll say something insanely offensive or stupid and dive into the tank politically just prior to election, ensuring that the dictator gets reelected. I want a guy to run who has a very good chance at winning, I think McLaughlin stands a good chance as long as he plays it smart during his campaign. If Trump wants Cuomo out, he should throw money at McLaughlin to help him succeed.
    Absolutely, no argument at all. Let's hope this happens. I'll work to make it happen.

But, as I asked you in the summer / fall of 2012, what will you do if this doesn't come to pass?

I say we swallow hard, because the only time a gun grabber pays us any attention is when we throw them out of office.

Absolutely, no argument at all. Let's hope this happens. I'll work to make it happen.

But, as I asked you in the summer / fall of 2012, what will you do if this doesn't come to pass?

I say we swallow hard, because the only time a gun grabber pays us any attention is when we throw them out of office.
    I try to see the glass half full on these things I guess, to the point of being foolishly optimistic. I'll vote for whoever is running against Cuomo, no question about it, but I'll have to take a shower in gasoline after casting a vote for Trump.
    LMS, JamieZ, Bigfoot and 1 others like this.
    NYS/FL CCW
    --------------------------------------
    Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of those who threaten to destroy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
    I try to see the glass half full on these things I guess, to the point of being foolishly optimistic. I'll vote for whoever is running against Cuomo, no question about it, but I'll have to take a shower in gasoline after casting a vote for Trump.
    Hahaha, let's all of us do what we can to help you avoid that shower!

The Bloombergs and Cuomos of the world are the new world politicians. Even Obama had backings of the celebrities like Oprah who supplied him with endless millions in funding.
    Hate to say it, but "fight fire with fire."
    Either way, I think the city love Cuomo more than Trump...by a long shot...so he would probably lose anyway. But if he's our best chance to ban the fuhrer, then I am for it.

VOTE FOR TRUMP - A Real Family Man!

Although I can understand it from the fundraising perspective, Trump is the type of guy who really polarizes people and I know a lot of folks (both liberal and conservative) who would vote for a Trump ticket no matter what. I for one am hoping for a Steve McLaughlin candidacy. Regardless I'm voting for anyone NOT Cuomo.
    Bigfoot likes this.

Next years election is actually the perfect storm for getting rid of andy.

It is NOT a Presidential election year.

It is NOT a NYC Mayoral election year.

NYC council and Congressional elections are not even actually contested - in most districts the choice of the demoncrat party boss is the winner.

SO, there is no real motivation for NYC voters to come out and vote in big numbers. There is NOT a minority candidate running for President or Mayor. The ONLY contested election they can vote on is Governor.

If we can motivate gun owners to come out and vote against andy and the rats who voted for SAFE, we OWN this election.

It IS the perfect storm. We just have to jump on it.

Colonel

McLaughlin>Trump
    "I am a guardian of bacon and there is no other way of life."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast