Close

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By meketrefe

Thread: NYS propositions

Private

Default NYS propositions

In listening to NPR today, they highlighted a proposition to be on the ballot this November. It would allow judges to serve to the age of 80, instead of forced retirement at 70. If this prop fails, the current Court of Appeal judges are so old, that Cuomo will be able to nominate the entire bench if he is re-elected. This could be bad news if it takes Tresmond or others to get that far, if it takes that long.

Personally I have no problem with judges serving as long as they want to and are physically able to. And if Andrew Cuomo wants something, it's always to be voted in the opposite direction, because there's always a hidden motive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbslider595 View Post
    In listening to NPR today, they highlighted a proposition to be on the ballot this November. It would allow judges to serve to the age of 80, instead of forced retirement at 70. If this prop fails, the current Court of Appeal judges are so old, that Cuomo will be able to nominate the entire bench if he is re-elected. This could be bad news if it takes Tresmond or others to get that far, if it takes that long.
    The entire COA is liberal douches anyway does not matter.
    The Chief Judge, Lipmann, is owned by Silver. Better that he is gone.

By the time they are 75, most of them are relegated to working in a closet signing papers in uncontested matrimonial cases. Good riddance.

Logan, Utah. (Moving my business out of NY)

With age one trades speed and energy for experience and wisdom. The last are more important on this type of job.
    LMS and ewthompson like this.
    Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke

Not so Super Moderator Chicken Shoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christos12 View Post
    Personally I have no problem with judges serving as long as they want to and are physically able to. And if Andrew Cuomo wants something, it's always to be voted in the opposite direction, because there's always a hidden motive.
    I have a huge problem here .... you say physically able too. I would say MENTALLY able should be more of a requirement .... that and they can't be democrat.
    RPD46

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Shoot View Post
    I have a huge problem here .... you say physically able too. I would say MENTALLY able should be more of a requirement .... that and they can't be democrat.
    You do make a very good point. There was a Judge Harris here in Albany who used to regularly fall asleep during trials, though he always woke himself up at the end to sentence someone to 20 years. He was almost worse than Judge Clyne at being a really nasty ****.

During jury duty, you really wondered if he's actually live through it.....