Organizing Friends & Family for Liberty - Page 11
Close

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

THANKS to John Stark for putting this together and for the club allowing non members a place to eat and meet.
    I couldn't stay the whole time but was impressed by the turnout.

I was planning on going and then a friend needed help at the last moment..intend to make the next one if it isn't too far away...

So what's next? How about anyone in the Utica/Rome, points south, points north area PM me. If there's enough people to warrant it, I'll go rattle the cage at the Gander in New Hartford and see if we can all get together.

And kudo's to the Major General for kicking us off the couch.
    "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson
    “Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God.” - Benjamin Franklin
    "If a lefty says it, it's a lie" - Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

This was a good start but there needs to be at least one follow up meeting. Many good ideas were hashed over but the better ideas need to be fleshed out. Good job getting the ball rolling Mr. Stark.
    FUAC!

General

It was great, just a damn shame that we weren't wearing name tags with our forum names. There are a few I would have enjoyed placing a face to screen name.

I took Sunday off to spend time with my family, and so far haven't made the time to respond to PMs or emails regarding the event we held on Saturday. So, my apologies to anyone if I have not yet responded to their inquiries or issues related to our first meeting.

I will do the best I can in the next few days to answer questions and so on via PM, email, or phone call, as I have time.

Thank you.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

no problem john i called bear arms and had a chat about the meeting. he spoke very highly of you and said he is going to try and make the next meeting. im gonna try and ride with him to take part and do what i can. not sure what founding father said it but "liberty is not inheritied but earned in every lifetime" meaning you are at war with tyrants all the time and its your patriotic duty to fend them off. thanks for picking up the battle flag we are all right behind you!
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Corporal

Although I'm a bit late responding to this thread, it's not because I didn't enjoy the meetup, the club, the food, or getting an opportunity to meet some of the people who post on this forum. I agree that some sort of name tags with at least our screen names would have been great, and if there's another of these meetups scheduled in the future I hope to attend and maybe I can bring some blank tags for that purpose.

Hope to see many of you again on April 1st in Albany.

Cross posting this from our website, with my apologies to the mods here at NYF for doing so (all of whom have been very kind to let us have a thread here).

I'm sorry folks, but I've had a bunch of stuff come up since the first meeting, and one personal problem in particularly is taking up most of my time outside of work right now. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get a handle on things for awhile.

I realize I have PMs here and at our website that have gone unanswered, and everything has been on hold since our first meeting, but it simply can't be helped at this time on my end.

Anyone who wants to take up the mantle and work on getting a second meeting going, please feel free to step up and get it done. This whole thing got started by numerous folks wanting to get together and organize, and I and a few others have merely facilitated the initial first stages of that. I am not indispensable, and there are plenty of other folks that can move forward with things for now.

One thing that needs an answer sooner rather than later is whether folks want to move forward with incorporating the group. I have an attorney willing to help us through the process, to a certain point anyways, and he is waiting in the wings. I will do my best to facilitate that even if I cannot be available to participate in things for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully things will clarify for me on my end before too long, but even if so, that may mean I will be sidelined due to lack of time depending on how things pan out. It is a trying time for me and my family right now, and I hope folks understand.

My apologies to everyone for being effectively out of the loop the past week or so, but it has been necessary on my end.

Regards.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

Major

I hope nothing serious, I'll keep a good thought for you.

Good luck with everything Brother, hang in there.
    NRA SCOPE
    Live Free or Die
    There is Civil Disobedience in all of our DNA this Country was founded on Civil Disobedience

John, if there's anythign outsiders can help with, please let us know (or PM). I'd be happy to talk to Erie County SCOPE and see if we can tag on an after meeting to their regular meeting this month, but since I was yanked out of town during your intial meeting, I'm not sure what flag needs to be picked up. If other Erie County SCOPE folks (or just Erie County folks) attended the meeting, are you up for this?
    Gun ownership is a fundamental civil liberty. It is not a governmental discretionary handout.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011