Organizing Friends & Family for Liberty - Page 2
Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'm liking what I am reading on this thread . . .

Was it John Adams that said "We will be soldiers so that our sons can be farmers so their sons can be artists" ??

General

Quote Originally Posted by loki34 View Post
    This, on paper looks great and I'm for it, but it will be an uphill climb for sure. I can tell that you have put a lot of thought into this an appreciate that. I will look forward to more information and will participate in my area. Thanks for the work your doing.
    I am in 100%. Remember Loki, everything and anything worth the effort is an uphill battle. Nothing is simple these days. There is ALOT of support for an idea like the proposed. I deal with so many members of the 2A community that tell me they want to get involved, but have no idea how to do it. There is much support for the ideas posted. Not only when talking/dealing with the 2A, people all over are tired of what they see, they want change; they long for freedom again.

Thanks JS.

One thing I would like to see some kind of paper work showing how the Safe Act was rammed thru with the names of the people who signed this and not to vote for them. How this whole law is just nonsense load it up with Facts. Not just the about Safe only it should also show but corruption and cuomos bad decisions.
    This paper work or brochure Should be well written and on eve window and counter top in every Gun store , every sporting goods store, every shooting range, Hunting gear, Sporting store , every where in NYS.
    If there is 40000000 gun owners eventually they will buy ammo or supplies and need to be aware of what's going on and to vote. Just because we have a website millions don't know what's going on and need to find out.
    I have not seen anything like this anywhere. We need to get the word out even if it takes millions of copies to get out there.

There must be members with printing shops.
    Last edited by Ransom; 01-26-2014 at 12:31 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Added to my OP:

Knowledge Base: We have a tremendous amount of expertise and hobby interest in firearms, and all sorts of other stuff. Why not pool that information and build upon it to help in the education process? Along with this, we could have a "Recommended Reading List" to help others help themselves get informed and motivated.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

General

The first on the reading suggestion should be the Bill of Rights as well as the Constitution itself. So many of us have never read or studied the document in which we are trying to protect.

Conservative Policy Research and Analysis

This is GREAT place to start in your path of knowledge as it relates to the Constitution.

Corporal

We should start a "Liberty Tour" and visit one Fish and Game Club weekly/biweekly.

Almost all of these places have ranges, cooking facilities and plenty of space

It should also be a marksmanship clinic similar to the appleseed program. Quick bit of training and history.

Get everybody gathered together to meet each other on our own regional turf(s), talk shop, sharpen the marksmanship skills and get everyone up to speed on the latest and greatest.

Right on the mark, we shouldn't solely rely on large organizations to speak for us, we are individuals granted naturally with certain rights. It says much more when the grassroots organizations rise up like a sleeping giants.

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
    Thomas Jefferson
    "The hardest thing for citizens to realize is that we must jealously guard our constitutional liberties, especially in the times of war. When fear and vengeance arise, precisely then we must be especially vigilant of our Bill of Rights" Rand Paul

SCOPE member

It sounds like a great idea. I know a lot of people are tired of just being 'armchair commandoes,' and writing letters and sending money only does so much. 99% of those letters sent are ignored by the politicians they're sent to anyway. Getting more involved and taking the fear out of guns is a great step forward. Having a community outside of the internet would be a wonderful thing, especially to accomplish the goals you've set forward.

I'm sure there will be nay-sayers, citing that 'it's been tried,' or 'others are doing the same,' but they're the ones who aren't doing anything at all. Acta non verba.

Captain

I whole-heartedly believe in Ransom's idea. We need fliers, pamphlets, posters, whatever. Not everyone has a Facebook account or even goes online, for that matter. We need to reach the people who have no idea what's going on because they are disconnected, not because they don't care. Think of all those 3-color Obama posters you saw at election time. We need visual, educational media.

General

John does have a point here, We cant expect to look outside of this forum for help. Were going to have to do this ourselves if we want to make a difference come Nov. We need pamplets ,flyers, slingers to be distributed to every collage campus , churches , county fairs and festivals , ball games emailed We need good writers to send a powerfull message. Anybody that can make a complination of all the anti safe videos we've seen to be sent over the net. It must encompass more than the 2nd amendment which should be pretty easy to do.

any large meetings can take place in a state or county park .

Ron Paul has a right to bear arms brochure which could be used as a starting point but it cost a couple bucks for printing

Buy Brochures | SuperBrochure - The 2nd Amendment & the Right to Bear Arms

I would like to see a flyer made with all the 2nd amendment qoutes from the founding fathers and A List of all the treasonous azzholes that voted for this with stats to back us up
    It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that, it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

Colonel

Im in and im a good BBQ man I only hope 50 lbs of brisket is enough !

I would try and show how this just attack on Law Abiding Citizen making us criminals an not helping the real issue mental health. How it will not change a thing etc. Just preaching the Constitution is correct but the average joe has been heard that a zillion times already . Time for some refreshing educating material in a brochure form put out all over. The posters and rest can go along.

Quote Originally Posted by akcd11r View Post
    We should start a "Liberty Tour" and visit one Fish and Game Club weekly/biweekly.

Almost all of these places have ranges, cooking facilities and plenty of space

It should also be a marksmanship clinic similar to the appleseed program. Quick bit of training and history.

Get everybody gathered together to meet each other on our own regional turf(s), talk shop, sharpen the marksmanship skills and get everyone up to speed on the latest and greatest.
    I really like this . .

I like this idea. I know SCOPE, NYSRPA and NRA as well as the Tresmonds, Shooter, Chris and others are working on issues, but other than the legal challenges and signs/billboards I'm not sure what. As you note well there are aveneues that seem left unexplored and that might be advanced with folks itching to help but not sure how beyond support of the established groups. Expanding interest in the sport and self-defense aspects of gun ownership is a great idea.

Along with the areas you mentioned, someone should be looking (in a coordinated way with established groups) at every aspect of SAFE and working with sympathetic legislators to alter or un-do the law element by element. That's just a void I see.

I whole heartedly support your idea of local efforts to engage the next generation of shooters with things like shooting clubs specifically targeting youth, even if it's only air guns in an after school clubs. Folks should be going to local pediatricians with NRA safe gun handling literature so they have an avenue other than 'get rid of guns' to advocate for their patients. Folks interested in hunting could find someone to show them the ropes if they don't know someone or belong to a club that can do this. Reloading is both science and art. If you're interested in shooting something more than 20' away its a hobby that can grab your interest and inoculate you against ammo shortages so you can enjoy your hobby uninterupted.

Bottom line, I hear your call and would like to be more involved. I like the SCOPE meetings but they are basically information dissemmination meetings and come rally at location X meetings. I want to be more involved in reversing the tide. Consider me interested in furthering the call to action you are suggesting.
    Gun ownership is a fundamental civil liberty. It is not a governmental discretionary handout.

I'm in. I can help with downstate stuff...
    * NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE * GOA LIFE * SAF LIFE * NYSRPA * SCOPE LIFE *

Without a doubt NY is the most corrupt state in the country. We live in a cesspool. Unfortunately I think the only way to regain your freedom is to move out of this progressive hell hole. FUAC. FUNY.

John, I'm in. I really like all the points you have posted.
    NRA / GOA / SCOPE Member

All good and valid points. I'm an in to help in anyway I can. I like the idea of an initial meeting, as I would like to meet like-minded patriots (along with matching real names with screen names and see how surprised I am!!). It would be a more engaging way to hear and solicit ideas, establish lines of communication outside these forums, and match people with others of the same interests. Like developing pools of expertise and interest.

Lets make this happen!

Where & when? Sounds like a good step. Put me on the list.

Private

What the NRA / SCOPE / GOA / etc lack is a sort of grass-roots approach. There isn't much active push to get new people introduced to shooting sports, its basically just a rally of like-minded individuals already involved in them. What we need is something at the local community level, getting new members active in the rod and gun clubs, going to the ranges, learning safe firearm handling, etc. People tend to be selfish - if you want more allies in the fight against the unSAFE Act and all other laws like it, we need more people to be impacted by it. So join a local rod and gun club (or several) and drag along your friends and neighbors. Get the discussions going about all the ways guns are used in non-criminal manners. Educate the public.

John - i think what you are suggesting could be a forum to do just that. As far as needing meeting places, i offer the local rod and gun clubs as a suggestion. Not sure what would be involved in getting a "community day" started at the range, but i am willing to bet that any range's board members would see the benefit of getting more people involved in the sports they promote.

i'd like to see where this goes!

John - you can count on me.
    Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

Quote Originally Posted by bear arms View Post
    I am in. What about a Picnic Centrally located in May ? We need to meet and establish leaders.
    Can we do something at Ontario again we can make a shooting day out of it was well. Fundraise and the whole 9
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Something about patriots if one calls for help you get army
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    John - you can count on me.
    I basically just assumed you'd be in on any plot to bring down Son of Mario, Doc.

That's why we've already ordered the frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams.

Just make sure to get Scott, Mini-Me, and Frau Farbissina registered to vote and out to the range. We're going to fire 1 MILLION BOOOLITS!
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

FYI.

On top of two very generous offers from two gentlemen of a place to host our little meeting, another NYF member has offered to donate a sizable sum towards renting a hall or other conference room type of setting.

Tell me there's no passion here to get something going.

There's something in the air, and it has a strong hint of 1776 about it.

I have be very active in SCOPE for many years. The guys there have a lot of knowledge about Albany Politics. They too are working on a major voting registration drive. They know that it is first done at the polls.
    The problem with SCOPE is this.
    What does your average SCOPE meeting have in common with your average gun club meeting.
    One hell of a lot a grey hair.
    Where are the young and pissed off yoots.
    I am willing to bet that the average age of NY Firearms is much younger than the average age of a SCOPE meeting.
    Glad to see the youngins getting involved.
    ps.
    When I was your age I had a lot of other things on my mind too. Like raising a family and working 80 hours a week.
    Not criticizing just making a point.
    Common sense does not involve citizen disarmament. Responsible solutions do not disarm the victim pool. And support for the Second Amendment does not advocate for infringements. Get out of my face.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast