Organizing Friends & Family for Liberty - Page 3
Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    General

It's a bit funny. I have spent nearly all of my adult life as a Soldier. I have sacrificed a lot to defend my Country. I have been all around the world; I have been to places that most dream of going and many have never heard of. The US Government has trained me well. They have taught me to fight and survive. I am at the most serious crossroad in my life. I never thought that the day would come that I would know our Government as my biggest foe. Very sad day indeed.

Private

I am still fairly young, but feeling older every day. It just started hitting me the last year or so that its time to get more involved. We gotta be ready to grab onto the torch next, otherwise a lot of things we take for granted are gonna disappear. I always vote, but its time to do more than that. Time to join the clubs, attend the meetings, get others involved, and experience life rather than just watch it pass by. Transform from sheep to sheepdog.

Captain

It's amazing: I've been reading Mark Puls' biography of Samuel Adams and just after reading the original post to my girlfriend, I found myself reading a couple of paragraphs from the book. They discuss Adams' thoughts and dreams of creating "committees of correspondence" in every town, village and hamlet in America in an effort to unify the colonies against the British.

The similarities are quite striking and very soul-stirring!

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Captain

Patriots or hotheads? Lol! Doesn't matter to me. I'm in!

Major

It's an uphill climb but we have to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Ballistics View Post
    Patriots or hotheads? Lol! Doesn't matter to me. I'm in!
    Hot Heads & Blow Hards.01.jpg
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

Corporal

Hey guys, I just want to voice my support here for John's movement. You know what, if you show up for one event....make it this one. We are a diverse group of guys (and gals?), but despite our differences we have one thing in common: our rights are being infringed upon due to the Safe Act.

I don't think I'm overstepping my bounds by saying that I think its important that any planning to attend/contribute to John Stark's plans remember that this is serious. There is the "knowing your neighbor" aspect, which is good in itself, but this would be a chance for business to start. A chance to solidify (because I know we have ALL formulated some ideas) plans of what can really affect this State/Country.

I'm excited to see where this goes. I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaGuy View Post
    Where are the young and pissed off yoots
    And don't forget the ladies.

Despite the "war on women" BS the leftists feed the country, the fact of the matter is that women are buying and training with guns in record numbers, for self defense while out of the house, to compete, for fun, and to help protect their families and property.

Women instinctively understand that the real "war on women" is keeping them helpless and unarmed, and that a hand gun or home defense weapon is the best force equalizer when it comes to dealing with the pond scum that are walking our streets and terrorizing our communities.

No need for women to ever be victims of the criminal element that likes to prey upon them, if we support and encourage them in their Right to Keep and Bear arms.

Mother bears can growl Molon Labe too.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

This would be great! PM me or keep me in the loop. Hopefully I can get some people to help out that maybe aren't on this forum. I do Vollunteer firefighting for the city of Middletown and I know there are a ton of us who shoot, hunt, etc. My father in law works at the Harley Dealership in Wurtsboro and I know alot of hunters and competitive shooters at West Point.
    Vires Per Adversum

I AM IN, You have some good ideas and I would be glad to be a part of this, and do what I can in my area.
    I will keep an eye out for any meet and greet plans coming up in the future.

@ John Stark, you post this:
    " I do however take the Constitution and the writings of our Founding Fathers seriously, and that is my passion "

That my friend comes across loud and clear in your posts.

One idea to ponder for you Union guys.
    Go to the Union meetings and hold your Stewards and Business Agents accountable.
    Tell them the time has come to put Country First ahead of their incestuious relationship with the Progressive DNC.
    Hell run for union office yourself or get involved in the union elections too.

Go to your town meetings and see for yourself that there is nothing magical or mystical about politics.
    Get involved in your local D or R or C party. Go to their meetings and raise hell.
    Common sense does not involve citizen disarmament. Responsible solutions do not disarm the victim pool. And support for the Second Amendment does not advocate for infringements. Get out of my face.

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaGuy View Post
    One idea to ponder for you Union guys.
    Go to the Union meetings and hold your Stewards and Business Agents accountable.
    Tell them the time has come to put Country First ahead of their incestuious relationship with the Progressive DNC.
    Hell run for union office yourself or get involved in the union elections too.
    I asked this of my bro-i-law, a corrections officer. I stated that while I appreciate he pursued the best way to provide for his family (my sister) and their kids, where do you draw the line from providing for families to stealing from the rest of us? He's a know-it-all wannabe that actually stated at least 3 times, "what this country needs is a dictator." There's no educating some of these takers. I'm vomiting in my mouth as I type this.

Why'd I bring this up? Now I'll be pizzed off the rest of the morning!
    Sons of Liberty Part II

Behind Every Blade of Grass!

Correction Officers have a nasty job.
    When I was in LE we had a holdover in the PD and the Jail.
    The holdover was bad enough with the smell and the noise.
    I hated to have to visit the jail to interview a prisoner.
    I could not imagine working there every day.
    I know quite a few corrections officers and they don't all feel that way thank God.
    Common sense does not involve citizen disarmament. Responsible solutions do not disarm the victim pool. And support for the Second Amendment does not advocate for infringements. Get out of my face.

I like this idea greatly, and have also been pondering something very similar for a while so Im glad to see this posted. A couple things come to mind.

-This group/groups would need to participate more actively with orgs like SCOPE or NYSRPA, it could be of great benefit to work with these organizations. While the goals of a group/groups such as this will also have different needs (mutual assistance) there could be benefits to getting more active with established orgs.

-We certainly need young, old, men, women, etc... all to be active. It would take structure to set something up, but it isnt something that would be overwhelming. There would have to be regions moreso than just by town, something that is reasonable to drive to. Not everyone has the ability to get around so easy.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace"
    All statements and opinions made here are for discussion purposes only, and not meant to promote any illegal behavior or activity.

I'll say one area we need to step up efforts other than getting people to vote in general is getting more gun owners and hunters on board against the SAFE Act. I'm always amazed how many gun owners and hunters still have no clue about the SAFE Act to this day. We need like an envoy from SCOPE or NYSRPA or NRA to travel around NY meeting with sportsmens groups spreading the word. I'm willing to bet there'd be more outrage if only people knew the real deal.

Part two of the campaign needs to be a MASSIVE public awareness campaign, primarily everywhere but NYC to educate every NY resident. I'm not a media person so I have no idea how to actually do this however as far as billboards, TV ads, radio ads? I don't know what's more effective. I know SCOPE has done a great job with billboards in the Albany area but I'm not sure if they'll ever know how much of difference it's making.

I like where you're going with this John
    Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm

In.

Lots to consider/think about but that's all down the road.
    Heh!!

FYI.

I'm typically tied up from 7-530 weekdays.

For all those that have sent PMs for more info, or offered to talk by phone, I will get to everyone asap.

First thing is to get a meeting together, and I'll try to nail down the venue tonight so we can set a date.

Thank you to everyone for their interest, input, and support!

MOLON LABE

With a donation of just $10 each and we get 2000 donations think of how much paper work we could put to work with that $20,000 . STACKS OF BROSURES IN EVERY GUN SHOP, EVERY SPORTING GOODS STORE OR JUST DROP THEM OUT OF A PLANE EVERYWHERE WE CAN IN NYS. LIST HOW BAD CUOMO IS ALL HIS BAD DECISIONS ECT. THAT WOULD HIT THE NEWS.

Private

In, and willing to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by goodorbit View Post
    In, and willing to contribute.
    Me to we need some smart guys to draw it up and a printing company.

General

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Me to we need some smart guys to draw it up and a printing company.
    I'll say
    It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that, it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

I am in.

I would like to see a "train the trainer" type approach so that all contributing members learn how to convince their local relatives and friends and in turn teach them how to do the same.
    Oathkeeper--NRA--GOA
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so my children may have peace. --Thomas Paine.

Real time ammo stock and pricing @ gunbot

Maybe an Ad campaign similar to this? Gun owners are men, women, white collar, blue collar, handicapped, athletes etc.

DrTattoo.jpg
    Sons of Liberty Part II

Behind Every Blade of Grass!

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    I'm liking what I am reading on this thread . . .

Was it John Adams that said "We will be soldiers so that our sons can be farmers so their sons can be artists" ??
    For the record John Adams said: "I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. My sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history, naval architecture, navigation, commerce, and agriculture, in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry, and porcelain."

I agree with everything that folks on here on saying. Remember we need to coordinate with other groups, not work against them! Also, I think what would be really good is to develop an action plan and a timeline of action items/deliverable that we can assign our members. For example, by Memorial Day have distributed X amount of brochures or literature to LGS's and gun clubs. By Labor Day have X number of newly registered voters. By October have done X number of speaking/outreach engagements throughout the state, etc. I'm no expert but I'd be willing to help out with this (and other things) if needed.
    NRA * GOA * NYSRPA * SCOPE * SAF

“That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer’s cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell

Corporal

I am in.

The one thing that really strikes me as a good idea is to maintain an active shooting culture in the movement. A lot of other groups like SCOPE and NYSRPA are good groups that do good things but I like the idea of a group that supports the second amendment THAT ACTUALLY SHOOTS. Developing our skill and shooting on a regular basis can only serve as a reminder of what we are fighting for and keep it in the forefront of our minds when we are discussing these things. I also think that you will get more people that are active shooters to attend meetings where you will be able to shoot and possibly try out other people's toys.

Just my thoughts.

Great idea John.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast