Organizing Friends & Family for Liberty - Page 4
Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carrsgarage View Post
    It's amazing: I've been reading Mark Puls' biography of Samuel Adams and just after reading the original post to my girlfriend, I found myself reading a couple of paragraphs from the book. They discuss Adams' thoughts and dreams of creating "committees of correspondence" in every town, village and hamlet in America in an effort to unify the colonies against the British.

The similarities are quite striking and very soul-stirring!
    This is exactly the type of thing I'm shooting for. Local groups getting together and doing their own thing locally to expand the base.

Everyone think about 2 or 3 family members, friends, and/or neighbors you shoot with and talk shop. THAT is your gun club, at least to start out. Maybe you guys go to a particular range to shoot, but your fellowship is YOUR club.

Each of your friends, has a friend or two that likes guns. Bring them into the club, and now its already grown exponentially from 3 or 4 to 8 or 12. Its a Ponzi scheme, but in a good way rather than as a rip off.

Now that small clubs form in each town, they all get together at the county level. That is now something a lot bigger than how it started, with just a few guys and/or gals drinking a few beers together in someone's backyard.

Different groups from different towns are getting together to shoot, train, and plan for some political activism. Some groups decide that on this or that Saturday, they're going to go picket at the State Court house or County building in their area.

Before we know it, we've got lots of smaller, tight knit groups all ready for some political action, getting to know each other in larger county-wide gatherings.

Now we start pulling them all together at the state level, and we're cooking with gas.

Offer up plenty of literature, classes for those that want to know more about the Constitution and the Founders, and more of the People are getting back to their roots and the legacy of Liberty that our Fore Fathers left us.

Most Americans love Freedom. Let us stir that passion by joining with like-minded Patriots and reviving what we have lost in our communities.

Word of mouth and friendship recruitment that promotes Liberty and the American Way can beat the slick political campaigns run by shysters that could care less about the average American.
    Last edited by John Stark; 01-27-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

Colonel

To all here today as i sit an write these lines You have to be very involved. while i was at chemo i read the art of war by sun su. this about the 40th time i have read it and IT STILL MAKES sense to me. The federalist papers are very good reading also . Just because i have a down day i do not try to let any day escape without learning something . CARPE DEIM seize the day . If everybody kinda get into this mode there is no telliing what we can accomplish i have seen many victories just by the change of attitude . If we really look at the courts outcome we havent lost WE HAVE WON AGAINST THE STATE GOVERNMENT ! Yes it was only the 7 vs 10 but ita still a victory . we will win the whole enchiladad its gonna take a little more time and OUR COMMITMENT TO THE CAUSE . ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY !

I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt BIG flash's Avatar

Hell yeah and kick its ass sawman.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Saw man I completely agree there is also strength in numbers and if we get together we will prevail in are quest. Let's dig in and get this done then maybe my kids can grow up in a free country that I didn't get to
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Last edited by Tintalieau; 01-28-2014 at 12:44 AM. Reason: bad link added others
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ III%
    Member Sons of Liberty, OATHKEEPERS, AMERICAN LEGION, GOA, SCOPE.
    In Memoriam of the 2,722,991 dead and 38,159 MIA U.S Soldiers They gave all for us, lets not forget why

Interested

Update:

I had a fantastic conversation with a gentleman today about securing a venue for our Meet and Greet, and hopefully we'll know the location in just a few days for sure once we nail down approval for its use.

If we're given the go ahead for the location, we are planning the meeting for just a few weeks from now.

Already looking into setting up our second meetings as well.

More details to follow soon!
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

Corporal

Thank you John for all your hard work. This is going to be great.

I can't wait to meet some more of you guys in person.

Colonel

Lots of good energy here....let's "get 'er done". I'm gonna think about how I can be of some help. Don't get much free time, but may be able to contribute in some way. FUAC Molon Labe God Bless America God damn freedom haters

We have a place for our first meeting, thanks to Ontario Rod & Gun Club!

The date will be Saturday February 22nd.

We have room in the clubhouse for about 60, so we will need to RSVP with a firm commitment.

More details tonight.

Thank you Ontario Rod & Gun Club!

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by John Stark View Post
    We have a place for our first meeting, thanks to Ontario Rod & Gun Club!

The date will be Saturday February 22nd.

We have room in the clubhouse for about 60, so we will need to RSVP with a firm commitment.

More details tonight.

Thank you Ontario Rod & Gun Club!
    well done!

Ontario Rod & Gun Club | A Great Place To Shoot For those who don't know where we are. We are Honored to host this event.

Thank You John , for your time and passion.

For any one coming from out of town there are lots of affordable and close by Motels in Webster or Rochester.

As John say's more to follow.
    There can be No Free speech, No Freedom from Oppression, No Freedom to Worship your God, No Freedom to speak your mind, No Freedom from Fear, No Freedom for your children or theirs for anyone anywhere Without the 2ndAmendment and The Freedom to Fight for it. CHARLTON HESTON

Major

Is anyone able to pick me up in Kingston? I currently don't drive, but I'm willing to give gas money.
    "In practice what is an atheist? An atheist is just somebody who feels about Yahweh the way any decent Christian feels about Thor or Ba'al or The Golden Calf. As has been said before we are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in, some of us just go one god further."
    -Richard Dawkins "Militant Atheism"

Private

Will need to confirm that I will be available that day. If so, is there any interest in a carpool from the Syracuse / Auburn area?

Here are the details I promised earlier:

We will be meeting at the Ontario Rod & Gun Club | A Great Place To Shoot on Saturday, February 22nd. The meeting start time will be 10 AM, but we will be on site at 8 AM to socialize and whatnot.

523 Trimble Road
    Ontario, New York 14519
    315-524-7717

We can hold about 60 in the club house, so PLEASE RSVP as soon as possible so we can make the necessary arrangements for lunch, etc. If we have interest from more than 60 people, I'll talk to the club President and see what we can do, but 60 is the number we're shooting for.

There will be a lunch, and right now we're looking at a likely minimum of $10.00 for that, maybe a bit more depending on the catering options. Otherwise, there will be no other expenses for the meeting or range time, but donations will be accepted that go strictly to the club, for those so inclined.

For the meeting, I will have an agenda and outline prepared. I will either email it so everyone can print a copy if they want one, display it on their smart phone or Ipad, and/or I'll have printed copies on hand. Be prepared with questions and suggestions please.

There will be an opportunity to shoot on the range after the meeting and lunch.

The Rules:

Please leave ALL long guns cased in your vehicle until the instruction to take them out is given.

Guns will remain cased to be brought out onto the range and until the go ahead is given to take them out.

NO guns are allowed in the club house where the meeting and lunch will be held. CCW permit holders can PM me if there is an issue with this, and we can talk about it there.

Everyone please bring ear and eye protection if you desire to shoot on the range.

The general rule for the range will be to "Wait until instructed." There will be range instructors on hand to explain further.

NO ALCOHOL. The club does not have a bar, and for liability reasons no alcohol is allowed on the premises.

Ontario Rod & Gun has very generously opened their doors to us, and they are asking nothing in return. Indeed, it has been expressed to me that they are honored to serve as the venue for our first meeting.

Therefore, everyone please respect the rules!

Any questions, please feel free to post here, or PM me.

We need a Head Count at least one week ahead of the meeting, so the sooner everyone signs up, the better. Please RSVP in a PM to me, and please only do so if you are committed to coming. A PM with your phone number and name would help greatly.

For those down state that feel this is too far to travel, I am trying to arrange a second meeting that would be more centrally located for that. However, I encourage folks down state to attend if possible to get out to meet other NYF members and spend some time shooting with them, even if it means a bit of a drive. If we want to get anything done in this state, we're all going to need to put the time and effort in.

I would like to thank everyone for their interest and enthusiasm, and hope to see a good turn out.

I'd like to especially thank Ontario Rod & Gun Club for their hospitality, and look forward to seeing everyone on the 22nd.

MOLON LABE

EDIT:

For the sake of clarity, Ontario Rod & Gun Club has a pistol range, and they are NOT a gun free zone in any way, shape, or form. Everyone coming to the event is welcome to bring their hand guns, and even though the club's SAFETY rules (even for members) state NO guns in the club house, no one is going to be doing pat downs either. That should make things clear enough for everyone.

If anyone can't figure it out after reading that, then PM me and I will help you sort it out.
    Last edited by John Stark; 02-02-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Repost.
    Last edited by John Stark; 01-31-2014 at 12:12 AM.

can the cannon come back out cor the day?
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpowdershooter30 View Post
    Let me check on that mate. Heh.

thanks john lol id also like to sight in my new toy as well if possible let me know

Quote Originally Posted by blackpowdershooter30 View Post
    Yes you can. Blanks only please.
    There can be No Free speech, No Freedom from Oppression, No Freedom to Worship your God, No Freedom to speak your mind, No Freedom from Fear, No Freedom for your children or theirs for anyone anywhere Without the 2ndAmendment and The Freedom to Fight for it. CHARLTON HESTON

Quote Originally Posted by John Stark View Post
    Here are the details I promised earlier:

We will be meeting at the Ontario Rod & Gun Club | A Great Place To Shoot on Saturday, February 22nd. The meeting start time will be 10 AM, but we will be on site at 8 AM to socialize and whatnot.

523 Trimble Road
    Ontario, New York 14519
    315-524-7717

We can hold about 60 in the club house, so PLEASE RSVP as soon as possible so we can make the necessary arrangements for lunch, etc. If we have interest from more than 60 people, I'll talk to the club President and see what we can do, but 60 is the number we're shooting for.

MOLON LABE
    Count me in. If I can assist with anything please pm me.

Who's gonna volunteer to drive to Albany and pick up andy ? I'm sure he wants to be part of this.

your no fun bear arms lol and ill get andy and hold him at cannon point the whole way back lol

Corporal

Lets try to keep this on the first page guys, this is important.

I am supposed to work that day but I will try to switch days so I can attend.

Thanks again John and a big thanks to the Ontario Rod and Gun Club!!!!

Count me in for sure. I've invited a couple friends, but no confirmation from them yet. If not, anyone who wants to carpool from Herkimer/Utica area, let me know.

While marking my calendar, I noticed it was George Washington's Birthday! How appropriate. Hope he's watching!
    Sons of Liberty Part II

Behind Every Blade of Grass!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast