Organizing Friends & Family for Liberty - Page 6
Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prominus View Post
    Oh yes lets PM you about carrying to a function for gun enthusiasts. Meanwhile in PA, open carry into town hall meeting no permission needed.

Guns are scary though. We should certainly need to PM for permission to conceal carry into a gun club.

Is there a gun free zone sign there too?
    The gun club is allowing us to use their building. They know nothing about us, and yet they opened their doors for our meeting. Their building their rules. Instead of complaining about it, just accept it and move on..

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrapper View Post
    The gun club is allowing us to use their building. They know nothing about us, and yet they opened their doors for our meeting. Their building their rules. Instead of complaining about it, just accept it and move on..
    That is fine. I am sure Cuomo agrees with the gun free zone too. Maybe you could have researched a different club that does not have gun free zones?

This is no better than the gun club that did not allow people to shoot AR-15's during the Shot heard around N.Y protest.

But I guess since they are letting us use their building it is okay.

It's kinda funny. People think organizing stuff is going to save N.Y but its already lost. I can see it from all the rules created from the "Patriots" themselves. The funniest part is watching the NYRevolution facebook page. A little while back they wanted people to submit photos of their rifles and caption it "Molon Labe" or "We will not comply". I saw tons of pictures but maybe 1 or 2 rifles that could even be POSSIBLY considered non compliant under the new law.

ETA: Let's just accept the safe act and move on too.
    Last edited by Prominus; 02-02-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prominus View Post
    That is fine. I am sure Cuomo agrees with the gun free zone too. Maybe you could have researched a different club that does not have gun free zones?

This is no better than the gun club that did not allow people to shoot AR-15's during the Shot heard around N.Y protest.

But I guess since they are letting us use their building it is okay.
    It is what it is. At least we have a place to meet, which we won't have if we crap in their sandbox.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrapper View Post
    It is what it is. At least we have a place to meet, which we won't have if we crap in their sandbox.
    We could meet ANYWHERE. It does not need to be in a building. No one has a big backyard? Heck we could meet in the middle of a ****ing parking lot and have less rules than this gun club.

your avatar suits your grumpyness well. we arent going to get are lost state back is to act. george ben thomas sam and everybody else didnt have it easy but they dug in and got it done and thats what we need to do now. i dont give a crap if the court cases come back saying what they did was right,ill still be holding a sign with my tricorn hat telling ******* to suck it untill the job is done and i wont stop intill i have mine and fellow patriots rights back.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

doesnt matter were we meet just as long as we are meeting so relax and if you dont wanna show up thats your deal we will keep moving the ball forward without you
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

An FYI on the Ontario Rod & Gun Club.

I have spoken with their President extensively by phone, and these are good people. Their board was overwhelming enthusiastic in their support of our meeting, and they are on our side.

Their club at one point was mostly focused on hunting and shot guns, skeet, and so on. They have built many new rifle ranges, and compete amongst other club members with their black rifles, and many compete state-wide in black rifle competitions as well.

Any notion that these fine folks are like the clubs that would not let members shoot their black guns during the Shot Heard Round the State event is utter nonsense and completely false. OR&GC is very welcoming to modern sport shooters and gun enthusiasts of all stripes.

With regards to their club house, that is a safety rule that their own members follow and which they must be consistent on with visitors, or their rule is meaningless. Their are liability concerns as well, which is another reason they have no bar at their club, and no alcohol is allowed on their range. I've been asked to maintain consistency with their club rules for the sake of safety, and am glad to do so.

Anyone with concerns about CCW at this event, PLEASE PM me about it. There is always more than meets the eye.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

I'm looking forward to this!

TK

My wife did a Google and Bing search for Friends & Family For Liberty, and this thread is 4th on Google and 3rd on Bing.

Website is up, we'll be rolling out the address soon.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

Alrighty then.

I've had a few more PMs about the CCW thing.

So, for the sake of clarity, Ontario Rod & Gun Club has a pistol range, and they are NOT a gun free zone in any way, shape, or form. Everyone coming to the event is welcome to bring their hand guns, and even though the club's SAFETY rules (even for members) state NO guns in the club house, no one is going to be doing pat downs either. That should make things clear enough for everyone.

If anyone can't figure it out after reading that, then PM me and I will help you sort it out.

If that is not good enough, then so be it.

I am going to be there regardless, and am immensely appreciative to OR&GC for a warm and friendly place to hold our meeting so we don't have to stand in a parking lot like a bunch of mooks freezer our nether regions off.
    Last edited by John Stark; 02-02-2014 at 06:22 PM.

Corporal

Anybody else hear a mosquito buzzing around in here?.....I could swear I hear a buzzing bloodsucker......annoying little bastards.

John Stark, I've just read this thread for the first time this evening. I think the movement you are attempting to organize is exactly what's needed, and greatly appreciate your focus on taking the Constitution and the writings of our founders serious. Thanks for your work in facilitating this ongoing discussion, Sir! I'd love to be able to contribute as things develop, and may be able to attend the meeting on the 22nd. I'll RSVP soon if that works out.

Major

I'm on weekends at my regular job and I'm the guy with the key so I can't bag out, I hope you fill the house though.

Quote Originally Posted by mark60 View Post
    I'm on weekends at my regular job and I'm the guy with the key so I can't bag out, I hope you fill the house though.
    For those who cannot be there, It is O.K. , this does not mean You cant help the cause. We all have a couple hours a week we can support this with, in our own way.
    There can be No Free speech, No Freedom from Oppression, No Freedom to Worship your God, No Freedom to speak your mind, No Freedom from Fear, No Freedom for your children or theirs for anyone anywhere Without the 2ndAmendment and The Freedom to Fight for it. CHARLTON HESTON

After the mosquitos leave (scratch that thought - they never leave my area), anyway, this summer we should find a campsite somewhere and roast a pig and chew the fat.
    "...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson

I guess this is crazy, maybe gun store owners and a team of attorneys can have a quite meet with Cuomo and see if they can get this law changed . Na probably a waste of time.

Our friend who has been working on our website has done some great work. The amount of functionality he's put into this thing is amazing. I need to spend some time to familiarize myself with it this week and hope to open it up for registration to those interested in a few more days.

I owe him a great debt of gratitude, as well as everyone who has shown interest and has offered to help out and get involved.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by John Stark View Post
    Our friend who has been working on our website has done some great work. The amount of functionality he's put into this thing is amazing. I need to spend some time to familiarize myself with it this week and hope to open it up for registration to those interested in a few more days.

I owe him a great debt of gratitude, as well as everyone who has shown interest and has offered to help out and get involved.
    You know my position and we can and will succeed . If you need anything I can help you as I try to heal but I'm in for the haul . Let's get thing done we are the last line of defense and the first line of the fight ! Gentlemen pickup your weapons it's time for battle !

Well done Sawman!

Since he made this personal, I think we should hold a rally in front of ac's house. Whattaya say?

Quote Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
    Since he made this personal, I think we should hold a rally in front of ac's house. Whattaya say?
    Could be trouble. I hear he has armed guards.

Quote Originally Posted by WARFAB View Post
    I hear he has armed guards.
    As do we my friend, as do we.

Not sure if i posted this link before, some good info. Being prepared isn't about who has the most beans, bullets and band-aids, there's info on other scenarios, other essential preps that people overlook. Anyway here is the link Be A Better Prepper | ThePrepperProject.com

I like the idea of a get together, i have a hard time getting far from my AO for numerous reasons, caring for family. If anyone around Broome, Chenango, Onadaga, Cortland, Madison, Deleware, Otsego wants to meet up, I'm located in Chenango county and would love to meet some people from that region. Here is another idea, anyone interested in a group hunt, there is a ton of state land in my area (~10000 acres) withing a minute drive from one section to another. Just an idea.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ III%
    Member Sons of Liberty, OATHKEEPERS, AMERICAN LEGION, GOA, SCOPE.
    In Memoriam of the 2,722,991 dead and 38,159 MIA U.S Soldiers They gave all for us, lets not forget why

General

^^^

Thanks for the link, some good, easy to read articles.

My pot of coffee hasn't fully kicked in, forgot to post about some advanced medical supplies. Do your own research too, i'm not a MD or claim to be a medical expert (I was an EMT/EMT Trainer) , but when SHTF you have to make do with what you can. Alot of these items can also be picked up at your local tractor supply, or farm supply store. Anyone interested in basic first aid/cpr in and around chenango county, feel free to PM me here, I'll be happy to make arraignments to give you some training(not certified any more so no cards, but the card won't save your life or someone else, its the skills)

If you have gear i recommend having a blood type patch and allergy patch located on it.

FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY-TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

Guide to Veterinary Drugs for Human Consumption, Post-SHTF | Truth is Treason

Cal Vet Supply - your source for Antibiotics, Frontline, Syringes and Veterinary Supplies

Everyone should have your IFAK Improved First-Aid Kit (IFAK) - ArmyProperty.com

some good reading Where there is no DR where there is no dentist
    Last edited by Tintalieau; 02-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ III%
    Member Sons of Liberty, OATHKEEPERS, AMERICAN LEGION, GOA, SCOPE.
    In Memoriam of the 2,722,991 dead and 38,159 MIA U.S Soldiers They gave all for us, lets not forget why

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast