Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Florida Bill Would Virtually Nullify All Federal Gun Laws

Default Florida Bill Would Virtually Nullify All Federal Gun Laws

Florida HB733 Would Virtually Nullify All Federal Gun Laws | Tenth Amendment Center Blog

"The Florida legislature will consider a bill that would prohibit any state agency from cooperating with enforcement of any federal gun laws – past, present or future.

Rep. Dan Eagle (R-Cape Coral) introduced HB733 on Monday. The Second Amendment Preservation Act declares that no agent of the state or its political subdivisions may participate with or assist federal agents in the enforcement of federal firearms laws, or provide material support of any kind to federal agents in the enforcement of these laws. State agents and/or contractors who knowingly participate in or provide support for the enforcement of federal firearms laws would be subject to dismissal."

Yeah, and I get a stiffy over being able to load 10 rounds in my gun.
    Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

Major

Wow,can u imagine having a state that is actually for the people and not a agenda to **** the people..Im getting light headed just thinking of it.If this passes you will be able to find me in Disney World.Ill be the one sweeping cigarette butts off Main St Disney with a smile and a chubby.
    "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."

CoC= Phelon

You have to believe that these are simply reputation boosters for those presenting them. There is little chance they're going anywhere so it has to be theater. Just another politician taking advantage of the political environment to push himself a little higher.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

Captain

Have any states passed this? if so, have they started selling nfa weapons without the nfa rules?
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    SAF Life Memeber

Constitutional Carry is the blast from the past that is becoming the wave of the future.

Our license to Keep and Bear is preserved in a glass case in the National Archives on Constitutional Ave in DC, where patriotic Americans can view it with reverence and awe, and thank their Maker for men of old who paid the ultimate sacrifice so future generations might know Liberty, and that this great nation might not perish from the Earth.
    Burzum, Mark NY, sawman and 1 others like this.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

a state cannot nullify a federal law...

Major

It doesn't nullify anything, virtually or otherwise. Might have plenty of unintended consequences, though.

This is exactly how the Second American Revolution will begin. Defiant states standing up to the tyranny of the federal government.
    * NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE * GOA LIFE * SAF LIFE * NYSRPA * SCOPE LIFE *

This law is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ42 View Post
    Wow,can u imagine having a state that is actually for the people and not a agenda to **** the people..Im getting light headed just thinking of it.If this passes you will be able to find me in Disney World.Ill be the one sweeping cigarette butts off Main St Disney with a smile and a chubby.
    This is precisely what "state's rights" is supposed to be about, not what is happening in NY, CA, MA and the rest of the "Titanium Curtain". NY does not want an intelligent majority, unless of course your are a left wing progressive radical. ******* summed this up with that statement he made last week. He does not realize a lot of his votes are from folks who think they are democrats, at least they were in the '80s, but that has changed and I hope many see the wolf in sheep's clothing.
    sawman likes this.

This is the beginning of "Divided States of America"
    Dave J likes this.
    Due to the shortage of ammo, I will no longer be firing warning shots!

Major

Quote Originally Posted by av8r View Post
    You have to believe that these are simply reputation boosters for those presenting them. There is little chance they're going anywhere so it has to be theater. Just another politician taking advantage of the political environment to push himself a little higher.
    You just had to ruin my wet dream didnt ya,lol.Couldnt let a guy have just a little hope for ,lets say a day even,back to reality.Cya all in the food stamp line in a couple years.
    "A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."

CoC= Phelon

Quote Originally Posted by SJ42 View Post
    You just had to ruin my wet dream didnt ya,lol.Couldnt let a guy have just a little hope for ,lets say a day even,back to reality.Cya all in the food stamp line in a couple years.
    I could be wrong.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject"

Major

if it isn't done...at the very least it gives warning to the feds/king/furher that this COULD happen just by State authorities nullifying/ignoring any federal litigation...
    John Stark likes this.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Jmo371 View Post
    a state cannot nullify a federal law...
    Correct, in that the Federal Law would still exist. However, any state can pass a 'nullification' measure that recognizes that the Federal Law in question is invalid due to its unconstitutionality and is in violation of the 10th Amendment.

The Federal Government is not supposed to have carte blanche to dictate to the States on issues not detailed in the Constitution. If there is no feature in the Constitution that allows the Fed to dictate intrastate commerce [i.e. within a state, not between them] then that State certainly has the right to recognize that fact via a Nullification Law.

Nullification does not remove or replace the federal law - it simply recognizes that the Federal Laws in question do not apply within that state due to the 10th Amendement reservation of unenumerated powers

Now, will the Fed stamp its feet and roll out the APCs and SWAT teams armed with the very Personal Defense Rifles they seek to deny us?...probably so. This does not make the Feds actions right/correct.

Unfortunately, the Civil War fiasco and its aftermath have warped the perspective of the citizenry to the point where we [as a whole] accept Federal rule with a wimper rather than a rallying of the militia.

If its not in the Constituion then the Federal Government does not have jusrisdiction - the States and the People do. The Supremacy Clause only states that the Federal Rules reign supreme over the State on issues the States have agreed [via the Constitution] that the Fed has Supremacy over.

Nullification Laws are merely an expression and recognition of this fact and States certaily have the right to pass and enforce them.
    Last edited by subterfuge; 01-28-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Didn't a western state have a similar bill coming through last year, and Obama threatened to bring down the Feds on them if they chose to go through with it? I seem to recall the state didn't blink, and pretty much showed how impotent Obama would be if a state really stood their ground on it.

if that ever passed, Im sure NY would declare itself its own country and then completely ignore the 2nd amendment,hey, Cuomo could be its prez and not have to defend anything in court!

Quote Originally Posted by Skwiggledork View Post
    Have any states passed this? if so, have they started selling nfa weapons without the nfa rules?
    I do not think so, and it is unlikely that any will either. This particular act seems to use the simple interpretation of the 2A as the basis to declare agents of the federal government to be committing a felony by enforcing gun laws. That is just not going to fly IMO.

In 2009 there was a bill modeled after the Firearms Freedom Act, which may have some traction in Florida at some point. There are already 9 states that *have* actually passed a variant of the FFA. The FFA asserts that the guns and parts manufactured within the state and remaining in the state are exempt from federal regulation under the commerce clause. Generally the states have not allowed machine guns to fall under the FFA, but SBS/SBR and surpressors do. Firearms Freedom Act

Quote Originally Posted by 45Gunner View Post
    Didn't a western state have a similar bill coming through last year, and Obama threatened to bring down the Feds on them if they chose to go through with it? I seem to recall the state didn't blink, and pretty much showed how impotent Obama would be if a state really stood their ground on it.
    9 states have passed a FFA variant (Montana the first in 2009, and Kansas the most recent I believe). The Feds have done nothing, and probably will continue to do nothing. I am no fan of Obama (or most of his predecessors either) but even he is smart enough to see the foolishness of having the ATF chase down gun owners in the mountains of Idaho or the Wyoming plains.

Quote Originally Posted by terzmo View Post
    if it isn't done...at the very least it gives warning to the feds/king/furher that this COULD happen just by State authorities nullifying/ignoring any federal litigation...
    Just not in our state. Hell...all we've got is the New York State constitution on our side. Why would we ever expect to have our 2A rights championed by New York State representatives....who swore to uphold our constitution?

/rant_off
    New York State - A governmental model for national suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by subterfuge View Post
    If its not in the Constituion then the Federal Government does not have jusrisdiction - the States and the People do.
    How dare you paraphrase the 10th Amendment. Especially here in New York where we "know" that the states are merely constructs of an all-powerful federal government empowered by the constitution to do whatever it wants.

Wait...do I have that backwards?
    subterfuge and John Stark like this.
    New York State - A governmental model for national suicide.

Corporal

Id love to get a copy of this bill & slip it in with other papers Coumo is signing ,along with a repeal of the safeact bill.
    Christos12 and sawman like this.

Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by ratula View Post
    if that ever passed, Im sure NY would declare itself its own country and then completely ignore the 2nd amendment,hey, Cuomo could be its prez and not have to defend anything in court!
    Nice, then I bet a civil war and maybe we can "lose" to the City and leave them their own separate country. Hey, all of a sudden, this could have a upside........

Quote Originally Posted by goldie View Post
    Id love to get a copy of this bill & slip it in with other papers Coumo is signing ,along with a repeal of the safeact bill.
    Those bastards in Albany don't bother to read the bills before they pass them anyways, so maybe you're on to something here.

Slip a Repeal the UnSafe Act bill into the state house with the name "The Fairness for All Act" and I bet it'd get passed without anyone knowing what it really is.

Fantastic hilarity would ensue when we see the gun grabbing law makers praising "The Fairness for All Act" for "fixing the disparity in equality that has cropped up in this state."

Tell me it couldn't happen.
    "My soul is among lions; I must lie among those who breathe forth fire, even the sons of men, whose teeth are spears and arrows and their tongue a sharp sword." Psalm 57:4

"Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." -Major General John Stark

Corporal

^ Thats what Pataki did in early 2005, he was passed the federal ban law bill at some ungodly hour of the night & signed it. how that rat ever get away with it is beyond me !

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by av8r View Post
    I don't have to believe that. I like seeing resistance to the vast left wing establishment, and so should you.
    John Stark likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast