Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: SAFE Act protesters to burn registration forms

Default SAFE Act protesters to burn registration forms

SAFE Act protesters to burn registration forms - Politics on the Hudson

The NY2A Grassroots Coalition said it’s holding an event Sunday in Saratoga and will burn gun-registration forms associated with New York’s SAFE Act.
    The event starts at 1:30 p.m. at the Elks Banquet Hall, 1 Elks Lane.

“NY2A is inviting the public to burn SAFE Act registration forms, which will be provided, in the parking lot of the hall. The protest burning will take place at about 4 p.m,” the advisory for the event says.

“The event is designed to highlight the importance of NOT registering firearms with the state. NY2A and other grassroots civil rights organizations have held or scheduled more than two dozen SAFE Act forums around the state ahead of the April 15 firearms registry deadline.”

The state is requiring all firearms to be registered by April 15. Opponents of the law signed in January 2013 by Gov. Andrew Cuomo said they won’t comply with the registration requirement.

“In Saratoga, speakers will address ways to avoid the firearms registry that include civil disobedience, as well as modifications that can be done to a firearm so that it does not meet the state’s arbitrary and capricious definition of an “assault weapon,’” the group said.

Rallies were held at the Capitol last year in opposition to the gun-control law, which is the toughest in the nation.
    The state Rifle & Pistol Association is suing to overturn the law, and said it won’t run rallies this year as it focused on the lawsuit.

Sunday’s rally will include a raffle of an AR-15 “that does not meet the legal definition of an ‘assault weapon.’”

The proceeds will go to the “continuing fight against the SAFE Act.”

More from the group’s advisory about Sunday’s event, which will include a voter-registration drive:

“Firearms registration has historically led to confiscation. And firearms registries have often failed due to low participation rates. So far, the state has refused to release the number of registered firearms under the SAFE Act.

“The importance of direct political action will also be discussed and NY2A’s More Than Vote campaign will be presented to gun owners. Voter registration will be available on site and we are inviting area residents to learn more about volunteering for political campaigns.”

Chicken Shoot and ehempel like this.
    The first rule of AR Club is you do not talk about AR Club!

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. ~ Ayn Rand

hey bear arms can we do this on the 19th could be a good time lol
    bear arms likes this.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

Awesome. I wonder what else we can burn, or methods of legal protest we can use.

To bad cuomo lawn signs aren't around yet to get the fire hot.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpowdershooter30 View Post
    hey bear arms can we do this on the 19th could be a good time lol
    Great Idea, let it burn......
    There can be No Free speech, No Freedom from Oppression, No Freedom to Worship your God, No Freedom to speak your mind, No Freedom from Fear, No Freedom for your children or theirs for anyone anywhere Without the 2ndAmendment and The Freedom to Fight for it. CHARLTON HESTON

Major

It made the nightly news in Albany, I saw it on TV tonight. Nice coverage, fair and unbiased.
    kkbait and ehempel like this.

Captain

First off don't waste twice the amount of paper and money.

You want to make a statement walk everyone into the same NYSP barrack and respectfully ask for a registration form, You paid for them. Then go to the protest and burn them.
    Chicken Shoot likes this.

i like it ill bring the firepit for the 19th lol
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Thomas Jefferson two year NRA member
    scope member due to a good man thanks again! Flintlocks being shot is almost as better as sex thanks robin!

"All I hear...........Is BURN!"

Deep Purple - Burn (Digital Remaster) - YouTube
    NRA Member
    NAGR Member
    NYSRPA Member

Captain

If you had everyone walk into Albany Barracks on the 1st to get the forms to burn that would be the proverbial ****. Of course everyone would be arrested for arson, make sure you get your burn permit first. Also I know everyone loves their Hunting gear and everything but wearing a 3 piece suit would sure add confusion and piss on the stereotype. If I can make it I have a nice pinstripe all picked out.
    Last edited by Nfngun; 03-16-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    ehempel likes this.

Corporal

Could just tear it up right in front of them and ask for another, a la Ron Swanson with vegan bacon.
    ehempel likes this.

Corporal

Burn Baby Burn!!
    SAFE = S-Stealing,A-Americans,F-Firearms,E-Effectively
    Liberalism defined:At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child-Miserable as all spoiled children are,unsatisfied,demanding,ill disciplined,despotic,and useless.
    FUAC

Private

This is great. God bless you all.
    Just so you know, it made the news in San Antonio.
    ehempel likes this.

Will they will arrest you for open burning ?

Captain

Being the capital I'm sure they have a law on open fire, hence why I suggested seeking a burn permit if one exists.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUNOFNZ View Post
    Will they will arrest you for open burning ?

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by HF-SWORD View Post
    Awesome. I wonder what else we can burn, or methods of legal protest we can use.
    How about Albany??

Captain

I guess you could but, Realistically as a trooper would you hand over a second one? And proving your point too a single trooper who might actually agree with you doesn't present much of a message, you want the display to be reported via the news. Women didn't "liberate" themselves by destroying bras in the middle of Macys, they did it in front of News cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by ChasBel2112 View Post
    Could just tear it up right in front of them and ask for another, a la Ron Swanson with vegan bacon.

Captain

Dot your i's cross your T's and don't forget to slash your upper case Q's those are the ones that get you locked up because they are over looked.

Getting a burn permit was the first thing that came to my mind too, Nfngun. Nothing like getting jammed up on a violation for a peaceful protest...
    NRA (Life), NYSRPA, SCOPE
    NRA RSO

Captain

dam strait cover your ass, Hell even a picnic permit anything, you need to use "something" to get the charcoal started, allot of people are going to be their, they need to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by itismooch View Post
    Getting a burn permit was the first thing that came to my mind too, Nfngun. Nothing like getting jammed up on a violation for a peaceful protest...

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Nfngun View Post
    If you had everyone walk into Albany Barracks on the 1st to get the forms to burn that would be the proverbial ****. Of course everyone would be arrested for arson, make sure you get your burn permit first. Also I know everyone loves their Hunting gear and everything but wearing a 3 piece suit would sure add confusion and piss on the stereotype. If I can make it I have a nice pinstripe all picked out.
    Everyone should at least wear a nice tie!
    EOC (SCW) Retired

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened"

Celebratory bonfire is actually an exception in NY fire law ... should work for SAFE act forums, but probably wouldn't fly for the April 1 rally.

Quote Originally Posted by HF-SWORD View Post
    Dress like Indians and dump the forms in Saratoga Lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast