Police: Man turns seat belt ticket into misdemeanor charge after failing to cooperate - Page 9
Close

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scosgt View Post
    WOW. Just WOW.
    40 years ago they did not have:
    MRI
    Arthroscopic surgery
    Out patient surgery
    Laser surgery.
    Stem cell
    DNA
    Digital X-rays and imaging.
    AED machines
    and tons of other stuff we take for granted.

Maybe you are comparing the PRICE, but we all know that medicine has advanced by leaps and bounds over the last 40 years.

Dr. scosgt strikes again.

Please inform the Forum how the Gubmint alone created these medical advances.

Whether it's finance, education or healthcare, the more Gubmint gets involved, the worst things get.

The fact that you're ignorant of this simple reality is no surprise to anyone who's familiar with your routine.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."

Mark Twain

General

And I love how he calls others commies. He's the biggest ****ing statist I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporaryscars View Post
    WE WERE TALKING ABOUT PRICE. WHY THE **** WOULD I HAVE TO STATE- *head explodes*

You do know state schools exist. Right?! RIGHT?!

Citation on prices being driven up by education costs?
    Are you married? Does the wife ever let you get the last word? Fordham undergrad costs $65K a year for tuition room and board. Do the math on a medical education. yes, there are State schools. Not everyone gets in, or even wants to go there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GuyMontag View Post
    Dr. scosgt strikes again.

Please inform the Forum how the Gubmint alone created these medical advances.

Whether it's finance, education or healthcare, the more Gubmint gets involved, the worst things get.

The fact that you're ignorant of this simple reality is no surprise to anyone who's familiar with your routine.
    Everyone familiar with your routine is well aware that you are nothing but a cheap shot artist.

And I love how he calls others commies. He's the biggest ****ing statist I've ever seen.
    Oh, so now you are calling me a Commie? You are so clueless it is frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU Pirates View Post
    So when all the people getting that 8.25% die in 50 years the blood loss will stop. I doubt the fund has a historical return of even 7%. What a state!
    If I'm reading the statements correctly, ours was 12.1% last year and 8.3% the year before that. I only checked those two years. All of the info going back quite a few years is posted online on a publicly accessible website.
    "Powder and artillery are the most efficacious, sure, and infallibly conciliatory measures we can adopt."
    - John Adams

www.bluelivesmatternyc.com

And MY theory is that they MUST fund it no matter what, because people will not stand for having their lifes savings (in the SS account) stolen by the thieves in DC.
    Technically your speculating on personal observations
    "One cannot kill time, merely waste it"
    That's SHO GUN, rhymes with pro-gun.

General

I like the Airborne dude. He's a bit of a doofus, but he at least attempts to have what he probably thinks is an honest argument. Scosgt, however, is dishonest and rotten to the core.

Quote Originally Posted by ECU Pirates View Post
    So you are claim "they" only read the 2nd yet you have not heard of the 4th?

Epic fail...
    Of course I have.
    Have you heard of harlem or Bed-Sty or Chicago. There is actually violent crime out there and it needs proactive policing to control it and protect the innocent.

General

Oh, so now you are calling me a Commie? You are so clueless it is frightening.
    If the shoe fits...

I like the Airborne dude. He's a bit of a doofus, but he at least attempts to have what he probably thinks is an honest argument. Scosgt, however, is dishonest and rotten to the core.
    Thank you. Better that than a doofus.

Meanwhile Doofus and Rotten collect their taxpayer stipend and you waste your life being jealous.

If the shoe fits...
    It does not.

General

Of course I have.
    Have you heard of harlem or Bed-Sty or Chicago. There is actually violent crime out there and it needs proactive policing to control it and protect the innocent.
    Ah, the loss of your rights under the guise of safety. Sound familiar?

GTFO of here Cuomo!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Shogun View Post
    Technically your speculating on personal observations
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
    If I'm reading the statements correctly, ours was 12.1% last year and 8.3% the year before that. I only checked those two years. All of the info going back quite a few years is posted online on a publicly accessible website.
    Wasting your breath.

Well since you called me a doofus, lets be real. I don't recall ever seeing any posts of yours that weren't personal attacks anywhere on this forum. I don't attack anyone online. It's childish.
    "Powder and artillery are the most efficacious, sure, and infallibly conciliatory measures we can adopt."
    - John Adams

www.bluelivesmatternyc.com

12.1 and 8.3% suck for the last 2 years. It's not 8% historically. Look back to 2008. I looked up the average rate of return in the past. They were going for 7% I think but missed it historically. I will search for it.
    "If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
    - Diane Feinstein
    (I love Diane, that sexy angel)

Colonel

It could do all that stuff, but isn't allowed to due to government regulation. That's why it doesn't does.
    Yes, I've heard that special pleading before. It was by a professor I had back some years ago suggesting that the only reason that communism hadn't worked was because capitalism kept beating it down. Sorry, if your ideology doesn't work in the real world, it doesn't work period.

Compare healthcare 40 years ago to now. The more the government gets involved, the worse it gets. I really have to explain this to you?
    You don't have to explain it because you clearly don't understand it yourself. I just compared healthcare 40 years ago to now. 40 years ago lifespans were 10 years shorter. By almost any measurable outcome, health care is better now. The one exception is price, but arguing that government is the problem is facile. There are plenty of places with more governmental involvement in health care that have comparable results with lower costs than the US. Take a look at the profits made by private healthcare corporations, and you'll see a big part of what is happening. Another part is human nature. We have a system where we demand that grandpa lives another month, no matter what the cost. Well, there's a cost. Ultimately health care is a poor topic to talk about in terms of 'free-market' because the consumer often has no choice; when you're unconscious or having a heart attack, you can't shop around.

General

So which of those services that you were forced to use inflicted VIOLENCE on you?
    Wow. Missed this little nugget. None of them, but the taxes collected to pay for those services were done so under threat of violence. This should be obvious. But not to you, oh no, you're a special kitty. You think, naturally, that I meant violence is inflicted on people who make use of said services. And why wouldn't you think this, obviously that's what makes the most sense.

Ah, the loss of your rights under the guise of safety. Sound familiar?

GTFO of here Cuomo!

Since the people in NYC have no second amendment rights, they have their 4th taken also for safety. See how that works? Maybe if they take the 1st away it will also cut down on crime because no one will be offended.
    "If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
    - Diane Feinstein

Well since you called me a doofus, lets be real. I don't recall ever seeing any posts of yours that weren't personal attacks anywhere on this forum. I don't attack anyone online. It's childish.
    You have a point. Scars comes across like a total a$$ hole at times. He's working on relaxing a bit (I think). He was trying to compliment you.
    - Diane Feinstein

Actually, you use public services probably every day of your life. When you were born, you were delivered by a LICENSED Doctor, assisted by LISCENSED nurses. You were given drugs and treatments that were APPROVED by government agencies, in a State certified hospital. Your BIRTH CERTIFICATE, needed for identification, is kept in government archives (unless your name is Obama). Your hair is cut by a LICENSED barber, your teeth are maintained by a LICENSED Dentist. Your traffic lights are maintained on government contract. Your Courts exist to settle disputes, whether between the People and a person charged with a crime, or between you and the guy you had a traffic accident with. Prisons keep criminals away from innocent people where they could do harm.
    Your children are taught by LICENSED teachers, who are also government employees.

I could go on and on, but the point is, as a society we could not survive without many government services. Are there excesses? Sure. That does not mean that we can simply disband the government.
    I just spit my ****ing water out..

I use roads that were built by .gov because I ****ing HAVE TO (traffic lights are attached to this. I like them; they work, but .gov didn't come up with them Garrett Morgan - Inventor of the Gas Mask and Traffic Signal | The Black Inventor Online Museum. All .gov could come up with was the traffic cop).

Doctors, Nurses etc are Licensed because the .gov FORCES THEM to be. That is not to say that something saying you are qualified is bad, but this could be easily taken over by a private standards institution which I can pretty much bet would do a better job at ensuring quality than .gov

My Birth Cert is needed so they can extract money from me.. same with the SSN. NONE of these are needed in order to exist on this planet OR in this society. I know people don't have them because I have to write software to account for this. The douche bag in the white house may or may not have a Birth Cert..lol

I cut my own mother-****ing hair and I'm not licensed. *face palm*

My children are taught by private school teachers who were also forced to get certified or forfeit their attempts to pursue happiness. So much for that right, eh?

I've no problem with a Criminal Justice system settling disputes but the current incarnation is busted.
    SCOPE
    In 2014, we're still putting wood on guns? 0_o
    Everything you need to know about freedom Www.lysanderspooner.org

General

Quote Originally Posted by epthorn View Post
    Yes, I've heard that special pleading before. It was by a professor I had back some years ago suggesting that the only reason that communism hadn't worked was because capitalism kept beating it down. Sorry, if your ideology doesn't work in the real world, it doesn't work period.
    So using your reasoning, gun rights would never work in modern day NYC because nobody ever allowed it to? Wow. That's pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by epthorn View Post
    You don't have to explain it because you clearly don't understand it yourself. I just compared healthcare 40 years ago to now. 40 years ago lifespans were 10 years shorter. By almost any measurable outcome, health care is better now. The one exception is price, but arguing that government is the problem is facile. There are plenty of places with more governmental involvement in health care that have comparable results with lower costs than the US. Take a look at the profits made by private healthcare corporations, and you'll see a big part of what is happening. Another part is human nature. We have a system where we demand that grandpa lives another month, no matter what the cost. Well, there's a cost. Ultimately health care is a poor topic to talk about in terms of 'free-market' because the consumer often has no choice; when you're unconscious or having a heart attack, you can't shop around.
    Malpractice insurance and administrative red tape are some of the biggest costs that hospitals face today, all thanks to government regulation. 40 years ago, you weren't cast into debt for the rest of your life just in order to have a live saving operation.

I do agree with the bit about "human nature" though. which certainly contributes to the problem.

General

Really? So if I can produce...oh, I'll be nice...10 that aren't personal attacks, will you give me $500?

Doofus was a term of endearment. Chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrada View Post
    I just spit my ****ing water out..

I use roads that were built by .gov because I ****ing HAVE TO (traffic lights are attached to this. I like them; they work, but .gov didn't come up with them Garrett Morgan - Inventor of the Gas Mask and Traffic Signal | The Black Inventor Online Museum. All .gov could come up with was the traffic cop).

Doctors, Nurses etc are Licensed because the .gov FORCES THEM to be. That is not to say that something saying you are qualified is bad, but this could be easily taken over by a private standards institution which I can pretty much bet would do a better job at ensuring quality than .gov

My Birth Cert is needed so they can extract money from me.. same with the SSN. NONE of these are needed in order to exist on this planet OR in this society. I know people don't have them because I have to write software to account for this. The douche bag in the white house may or may not have a Birth Cert..lol

I cut my own mother-****ing hair and I'm not licensed. *face palm*

My children are taught by private school teachers who were also forced to get certified or forfeit their attempts to pursue happiness. So much for that right, eh?

I've no problem with a Criminal Justice system settling disputes but the current incarnation is busted.
    Just so I understand, you want Doctors and Nurses to be self regulated, just like LAWYERS AND JUDGES are now?

EPIC FAIL WE WOULD ALL BE DEAD IN 10 YEARS

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast