Ahh the new bread of lawyers entering the ranks.
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Colonel

Default Ahh the new bread of lawyers entering the ranks.

Must be a new common core standard of the second amendment in college.

For Lives and Liberty: Banning Assault Weapons in America | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

Assault rifles make up only 1.7 percent of all guns in America. Their function in society is dispensable. A 2005 Gallup poll found that 67 percent of gun owners carried firearms for protection, 66 percent for target shooting, and 58 percent for hunting. None of these activities—the three most popular for gun users—requires assault weapons. They are inaccurate, highly visible, and bulky. Given assault weapons’ limited practicality, why even involve the risk?

2. Register or Log In to remove this Ad!

"None of these activities—the three most popular for gun users—requires assault weapons."

That's why we don't own assault weapons. Hard to carry around a machine gun you turds.
    Long Live NY Extremists FUAC

I don't fancy myself a mathlete or anything, but those numbers sure seem to overlap quite a bit.
    "Powder and artillery are the most efficacious, sure, and infallibly conciliatory measures we can adopt."
    - John Adams

www.bluelivesmatternyc.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    NYFirearms.com
    Advertisements

Dupe.
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-07-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Just sent this email over to Harvard.

"Ms. Collins - I would like you to forward the following links to Jake Matthews. He might want to look at the truth before he decides to interpret the 2nd amendment. It concerns me as well as millions of Americans that he might possibly one day actually take an oath to uphold the constitution while practicing law. As a lawyer should understand, ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law. Neither is it an excuse for writing an uninformed misguided emotional piece as was written. I will chalk it up to him not knowing any better. Hopefully now he does. Although he is entitled to his own opinion, he isn't entitled to his own facts.

Respectfully,
    Dr. XXX XXXXXX

» An Analysis of Firearms and Violent Crime
    Gun Control - Just Facts
    Not a Peep from Obama: Violent Crime Reaches 42-Year Low
    Veni Quid Veniat: An Analysis of the Right Protected in the Second Amendment
    Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years - CNN.com
    INFOGRAPHIC: Gun Crimes Plummet Even As Gun Sales Rise | NSSF Blog
    Murder and homicide rates before and after gun bans - Crime Prevention Research Center
    Congressional Study: Gun Ownership Drastically Up Since ’94, Murder Rate Cut in Half
    Congressional Study: Murder Rate Plummets as Gun Ownership Soars
    Newtown anniversary: What 25 years of FBI data show about child homicides - NBC News
    Guns and Violence in the United States, By the Numbers - The Truth About Guns
    Quinnipiac Study: Concealed Carry Results in Fewer Murders | Truth Revolt
    http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1...&#.VDQ1TUpX-ub
    Gun banners manipulate statistics to cover for SAFE Act failures | Western Free Press
    Debunking Another Anti-Gun Agitprop Study on "Young People" - The Truth About Guns
    DOJ Report: Firearm-Related Murders Down 39% Since 1993
    Why Mass Shootings Haven't Ushered In a New Age of Gun Control - Hit & Run : Reason.com
    Police Survey: Overreaching Gun Control Increases Crime, Endangers Officers | Outdoor Life
    FBI Preliminary 2013 Data Show Violent Crime Continues to Drop | NSSF Blog
    Harvard Study: Gun Control Is Counterproductive | From the Trenches World Report (Ironic, no??)
    The Truth About Assault Weapons
    STUDY: States With Restrictive Gun Laws Have Much Higher Gun Murder Rates. Federal "Assault Weapon" Ban Was A Disaster. - Bearing Arms
    U.S. Gun Usage and Death Statistics | Concealed Nation
    http://www.policemag.com/blog/editor...he-answer.aspx
    Last edited by Dr. Evil; 10-07-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Great. Thanks for your research. Now go read the ****ing Constitution.
    Heh!!

Assuming by assault rifle they are referring to AR15s, inaccurate? I guess that's why they are one of the top guns used in competition shooting. Because anyone serious about competition would want to use an inaccurate gun.. hmmm. Oh wait, inaccurate.. They must mean inaccurate refers to their description of assault rifle.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder, what just happened. Unfortunately the third category is out-distancing the other 2 by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfngun View Post
    Ahh the new bread of lawyers entering the ranks.
    Dang it, I thought this thread was about pastries.
    Hey, Liberals....George Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a work of fiction.
    NOT an instruction manual.

"They are inaccurate, highly visible, and bulky. Given assault weapons’ limited practicality, why even involve the risk?" Clearly this person has never held one. Does this mean they aren't as dangerous as the media and other ignorant activists say they are? Does this not negate the feature based ban logic? So I guess this means our troops are using fully automatic versions of these lumbering monstrosities, wrought with limited practicality and high risk. What an idiot.

Harvard.......... 'nuff said.
    All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope....

~Winston Churchill~

I refuse to read this as the summary made my head hurt.

That and knowing that someone somewhere honestly and whole heartedly agrees with it makes my heart sad...
    Let substance bind us all, and fact enforce our words
    If need then nations fall and tremble, before free men united

I feel so sorry for the parents of this pinhead who worked so hard to give him a good ejumaction.
    Harvard........still producing idiots

Postmaster General Darthgamer138's Avatar

They are inaccurate, highly visible, and bulky.
    Now, let's compare that with an ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN that the police states have.

Inaccurate? - Let's ban pistol grips that "allow rapid and accurate spray firing from the hip.

Highly Visible?- Let's ban flash hiders that allow "concealment of the muzzle flash from others."

Bulky?- Let's ban telescoping stocks that make the OAL a few inches shorter.

No, I'm serious, they consider that an "assault weapon's ban!"

They don't know if they are coming or going! xD

Bonus points, click on that article and see what picture was put in there. Classic.
    Proud NRA ​LIFETIME Non-​Member. Don't just support PART of the constitution. Be Skeptical.

​SEI Divemaster Apprentice/Nitrox Diver. Dives- ​I57. Proud Atheist.

The term "assualt rifle/weapon" has many meanings depending only upon opinions. The antis exploit the term to their benefit and at the same time can not distinguish the diffrence between a brake or a break.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

firearms owners carry firearms for protection, target shooting, and hunting.

However according to this guy, they're bulky and inaccurate. Why then, do we issue REAL assault weapons to our troops? In fact, why do all countries who have a military issue their troops some variation of an assault weapon? Perhaps we have been wrong all along! We should issue them a nice sxs shotgun or bolt action hunting rifle instead. This way they're better equipped to handle insurgents and protect themselves!

It pays to do a little research before you speak, harvard dips**t!

"The Second Amendment of the Constitution stipulates, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” Guns were deemed legal not to secure personal liberties, but to provide for the state’s collective defense. Yet America no longer maintains statewide militias connected to the federal government; rather, we depend upon a standing army for defense."

what bull ****!!

for students at Harvard read this

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

ms collins this is what 2A is for

The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army . they may be led astray for a moment, but will soon correct themseleves. so ms collins straighten our self out!!
    Last edited by mrod; 10-07-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    RPD46 “A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves… and include all men capable of bearing arms. . . To preserve liberty

Sergeant

1.7 percent?! I find that to be very suspect. In my limited exposure to gun owners over the last few years I havent met ONE who didnt own a so called "AW". Smells like some cooking is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cureforcancer View Post
    The term "assualt rifle/weapon" has many meanings depending only upon opinions. The antis exploit the term to their benefit and at the same time can not distinguish the diffrence between a brake or a break.
    Pass it along. The Truth About Assault Weapons

According to one estimate, assault weapons may be involved in up to 7 percent of homicides.

It's not even 7%. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
    But we'll be generous and give you your 7%. Fair?
    So...You plan on banning something based on a fluid, ever changing description to reduce "homicides" by 7%?
    Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
    Been there done that Doc. Tired bro.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    - Pericles

Sergeant

Given assault weapons’ limited practicality, why even involve the risk?
    I would love to know what risk is involved?

Here's some knowledge for you all...

Full auto trigger groups are SAFER than commercial semi auto trigger groups. Disagree? Go look up how a full auto AK 47 trigger group works. You won't be able to fire the gun and cause an out of battery explosion with a full auto group if the bolts not fully closed. You can do that with a civillian gun. FALs are the same way. The auto sear (rightfully refered to as a safety sear) locks the hammer back until the bolt closes in semi and full auto operation. Sorry AR 15 fans, the safety sear doesn't do its job in semi-auto!

SVT-40's have a SAFETY SEAR. In the AVT-40 (full auto SVT-40) the safety sear serves the same purpose as the auto sear in guns like the AK, AR, and FAL. Yet the SVT-40 can ONLY fire when the bolt is fully closed and in battery, and the hammer cannot follow the bolt. Sounds much safer to me than having a hammer that can be dropped while the bolt is open.

SKS's are an odd case. They have what functions as a "safety sear" to keep the trigger from working if the bolt is not in battery, but have the worst safety in the world, and a hammer that if improperly tuned can drop if the gun is hit the right way even while the safety is on.

So yeah, let's "take that risk" and make guns safer to use. I don't care if a gun goes full auto or not, but I'd really love to have a safety sear in my guns to make my gun safer to use. All guns above (minus the AR 15) BENEFIT from having full auto parts while firing semi automatically.

Captain

The civilian AR 15

IS
    NOT
    AN
    ASSAULT
    WEAPON
    !!!!!

"They are inaccurate, highly visible, and bulky" I tried this excuse on my DI almost 50 years ago and he didn't buy it either

These are the future lawyers of America? God help us.
    NRA * GOA * NYSRPA * SCOPE * SAF

“That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer’s cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell

Major

I love the last paragraph, in effect: Yeah, it won't work, but it's the right thing to do.

This is our next generation of leaders and law makers.

I think it's time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast