Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: North Colorado ? Colorado counties comtemplate successsion from state

Colonel

Default North Colorado ? Colorado counties comtemplate successsion from state

I think Colorado , one upped us ;

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2013/06/07/18828319-and-now-our-51st-state-north-colorado

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3402284.html

New york, love it or leave it. I say we leave it . North NY . They can move thier capital to Queens or next door to the UN building in the city. I think if the counties put it to a vote we have chance to gid rid of cumo and bloomberg once and for all
    Last edited by Holdover; 06-08-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    Baby Kaboomer and Runner99 like this.

Sergeant

I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, NYC pumps hundreds of millions of dollars into the state government with income tax revenue that the upstate region will likely have a hard time doing without.

Keith

Colonel

I think we would get by just fine .
    dsdmmat, Stumpy, JamieZ and 2 others like this.

Drop a pebble in a pond, you get ripples. Soon those ripples spread across the whole pond....
    Holdover and sr20sean like this.

I already say I live in North NY, Maybe soon it will be more "true"

Quote Originally Posted by CrackSlinger View Post
    I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, NYC pumps hundreds of millions of dollars into the state government with income tax revenue that the upstate region will likely have a hard time doing without.

Keith
    That's like saying slaves should be happy they're slaves because their masters provide them with food, clothing, and shelter.

The NYS business environment and resultant tax base is stifled due to laws enacted by "leadership" voted into office by the numerical majority NYC voter base. Trust me, we would do just fine without their tax dollar contributions if we could just be unshackled from their "progressiveness".

GUN STICKERS FLAGS PATCHES APPAREL CHALLENGE COINS GUN BAGS RANGE BAGS BACKPACKS PARACORD

"LIKE" us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2Adefender

Keith
    Do not under-estimate northern NY. We have the farms and the water. If they want it, they can pay through the nose for it.
    SCOPE
    NYSRPA
    time to fight dirty, AUMINGJAR!

Colonel

Not only that , under new tax laws , we could invite farrrrrrrrr more business in North New York . NY is Hostile to small business
    JStarX7, 944turbo and Stumpy like this.

As long as we can keep the "big city" away from North NY. I love the woods, and the nature upstate New York offers.

Colonel

I think we could manage that . Theres enough citys for business and plenty of woods for the mountain men

Quote Originally Posted by Holdover View Post
    Not only that , under new tax laws , we could invite farrrrrrrrr more business in North New York . NY is Hostile to small business
    Right! Then we could get our State government to pass a law like Missouri just did: Missouri Legislature Nullifies All Federal Gun Control Measures by a Veto-Proof Majority | Tenth Amendment Center Blog
    Looks like a spark....
    Holdover likes this.

Colonel

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness
    Chicken Shoot likes this.

Major

If we dumped welfare/tax breaks for non contributors/and SS for non contributors we'd be as well off as the arabs in dubai....
    99redgtp likes this.

Colonel

Hey the last time I checked, We are the ones who are supposed to call the shots , not ego maniac govoners and billionares. the people decide.

Captain

Until the closing on the sale of my house occurs on 7/15/13, I will be a Westchester county resident. Is that going to be north or south NY? I would prefer if NYC only was "south" NY.

The Colorado idea is a good one. I think NY should do the same. If nothing else, it would cement the cruel reputations of Mikie Bloomberg and Andy Coumo in the history books...

The only way Westchester gets to stay is if it "surrenders" to the North.

We are aware that there are very large deer there, so we will be willing to negotiate.
    guygus3516 and Holdover like this.

Captain

Keith
    WTF, I thought we where supporting them!!!!!

Sergeant

Hey, I'm with you guys. I believe that there should be two states. I would vote for it if it came my way. I'd love to have a 30 minute drive to a free state, rather than a 6 hour drive to Vermont or NH. Plus I encourage people who love liberty all the time.

But the unfortunate truth is that the circumstances are as I described. I don't think any downstate politicians would fight to keep the state together. It's just the opposite - the upstaters overwhelmingly benefit (financially at least) from the inclusion of NYC in the state of NY.

Keith

I don't think any downstate politicians would fight to keep the state together. It's just the opposite
    Keith
    That's all I need to hear.

The article brought a good point about laws being written to govern large areas against there will just because somebody decided years ago they were in the same "state". If many neighboring counties don't agree on the laws passed down by a legislature deaf to their wants then the counties should be allowed to ignore them. The rights of US citizen shall not be infringed upon. Where have I heard that?

Logan, Utah. (Moving my business out of NY)

Keith
    They also provide a heavy burden for small business. Once you kill small business that is a death sentence for the local and regional economies, same think for the country. Senseless taxes, absurd labor laws and, in other words they do everything they can to
    destroy the spirit of entrepreneurship, hard work and innovation that built this nation.
    NY law makers like Californians do not want manufacturing, they do not want blue collar jobs and want to operate as service states and
    drag us along with it.
    Upstate used to be the mecca for metal precision work, automotive, optical and medical equipment. Also prime gunsmithing and firearms manufacturing among many other good things. All that has been destroyed.
    With a new state all those laws could be rewritten to favor the conditions for SMBs, limit the role of government and work in real solutions
    to put the american people back to work.
    Giving money and power to Government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Holdover View Post
    Hey the last time I checked, We are the ones who are supposed to call the shots , not ego maniac govoners and billionares. the people decide.
    The politicians kiss your ass when they need a vote...they shove it your @$$ after and work their own agenda. When has a politician asked for a constituent meeting to organize an agenda the people want action on ??....Ya, they work for US, they work US over

I was just in Montpelier Vt and I was surprised their Capital was not a very big place, the Capital building. itself was not huge and they had another building next to it that probably had ALL the State workers in it. Smaller Gov't seems better to me. And I really would like someone to give me proof one way or the other the pro's and con's of NYC's money for the rest of the state. Taxes go to pensions and welfare and that well dried up long ago so they need to keep taxing. Water? Did someone say water? Yes, they own the land and the reservoirs but we can tax the usage of the underground pipelines, kind of like a delivery fee that National Grid imposes. Very interesting scenario.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 944turbo View Post
    That's like saying slaves should be happy they're slaves because their masters provide them with food, clothing, and shelter.

The NYS business environment and resultant tax base is stifled due to laws enacted by "leadership" voted into office by the numerical majority NYC voter base. Trust me, we would do just fine without their tax dollar contributions if we could just be unshackled from their "progressiveness".
    Or maybe they should be slaves again!!!! I'm tired of supporting them and not getting any work in return!

Weather you think we should split or not, some accommodation HAS to be made. There is no way, in a fair and just world, that we should be ruled, Let alone ruled by a city!
    Robin
    Chicken Shoot likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast