Close

Default Handgun Shops in the Broome County area?

Hey folks, was wondering if there were any recommendations for non-box-store gun shops in the Broome/Tioga county area. I've only been to one, McLains in Endicott. Their prices seem okay and their selection changes often enough but the store and service leaves a lot to be desired. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is about as good as it gets in the area, but I'd love to discover a better shop. Any suggestions/recommendations?

TImber Creek Sportsman in Endwell. There is Mayhoods up in Norwich which have a pretty big selection but their prices are a little high.

Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
    TImber Creek Sportsman in Endwell. There is Mayhoods up in Norwich which have a pretty big selection but their prices are a little high.
    Timber creek is a good place to deal with. Not a big selection but he can order about anything. Better prices than gander (not saying much). What are you looking to get?

Quote Originally Posted by ECU Pirates View Post
    What are you looking to get?
    Everything

+1 for Timber Creek. Chuck is a nice guy and has gone out of his way to find things for me a couple of times. He charges more for transfers than McClain's, but I am willing to pay an extra $10 because he has consistently good service. He also sells powder and primers.

McClain's is not a bad store, but they have sold a couple of things for me on commission and never let me know when they sold. They also promise to look into ordering things for you, but it's a roll of the dice if they ever do or not. They never call me to let me know when transfers came in, either. On the good side, McClain's often has pre-ban magazines for ARs, AKs, and pistols. He also has a wider selection of ammunition, and his prices can be cheaper than Timber Creeks.

It's only a 5 minute ride between the two stores, so you should definitely visit both.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I'll add my 2 cents to Chuck too
    "From training comes knowledge. From knowledge comes confidence. From confidence comes triumph."

The Next Evolution in Training

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roche...61665857219329

Dave Jenkins,
    Founder, Primary Instructor: Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
    NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor for:Well, pretty much everything!
    REAL TRAINING, FOR REAL PEOPLE, FOR REAL LIFE.

Ducked out of work early today and ran over to Timber Creek. Good call, guys. Selection was a bit limited but service was stellar.

Picked up an LCP for Mrs. OTR. She said it was "cute". I was hoping to see an SR1911, but I knew I was dreaming. Probably for the best, as I doubt I'd have let it stay on the shelf. Saw a young dude in there buying his first gun (some kind of shotgun - it was obvious that he'd never handled a gun) - thought that was really good to see. It's pretty rare that people will pick up gun without someone else helping them along the way.

I mentioned to Chuck that he'd been highly recommended here. He said he was looking to advertise so I suggested he check the site out.

He also gets a lot of play from my referrals too. He's one of the good guys
    "From training comes knowledge. From knowledge comes confidence. From confidence comes triumph."

The Next Evolution in Training

"Like" us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roche...61665857219329

Dave Jenkins,
    Founder, Primary Instructor: Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
    NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor for:Well, pretty much everything!
    REAL TRAINING, FOR REAL PEOPLE, FOR REAL LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by RochPersDef View Post
    He also gets a lot of play from my referrals too. He's one of the good guys
    Yeah, I think I started going there a couple of years ago after you recommended him on the old board.

I still like McClain's, don't get me wrong. They're not bad, they're just not good.
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?